Jump to content

Allstate drive wise cards too!


helene109
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Haven't used them for Princess or Celebrity, so I can't help

 

Carnival, cards can be used for pretty much everything.   Really easy to use on-line for pre-cruise payments and purchases.  

 

RCCL, not as user friendly as Carnival, but can be used for cruise payments.  (They might be used for other things, but the process is so cumbersome that I've only used them to actually pay down my balance.)

thank you. This was helpful. I was under the impression that RCCL could only be used as the down payment, glad to see you can use it for payment as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spin to win is no longer two chances a day.  I just noticed today that it is one chance.  I actually haven't won anything on it for awhile, but I still try to do it each day!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, tw67 said:

Spin to win is no longer two chances a day.  I just noticed today that it is one chance.  I actually haven't won anything on it for awhile, but I still try to do it each day!

 

They're awful stingy with the points, even when it's just 50. I think the games were a good idea, but not being implemented very well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

They're awful stingy with the points, even when it's just 50. I think the games were a good idea, but not being implemented very well.

After days (maybe 2 weeks) of winning nothing I did win 50 points yesterday!!  Lol!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

They're awful stingy with the points, even when it's just 50. I think the games were a good idea, but not being implemented very well.

At this point the games are a waste of time for me. I have 600k points and now AARP as an alternative so the scratch and spin games are a waste of time. I find the match game to be somewhat entertaining however.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

At this point the games are a waste of time for me. I have 600k points and now AARP as an alternative so the scratch and spin games are a waste of time. I find the match game to be somewhat entertaining however.

I do enjoy the match game!  Of course the last two Tuesdays. I didn’t get a chance to log in!  I have really tried to log in almost every day.  Sometimes when I am stuck on a boring work call I pull it up.  I have no idea what I am going to do with all my points, but I feel the need to collect more!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it looks like Allstate no longer offers the hard plastic gift cards....only e-gift cards. That's kind of disappointing to me. But oh, well. As long as e-gift cards work, I'm ok with that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Joe817 said:

Well, it looks like Allstate no longer offers the hard plastic gift cards....only e-gift cards. That's kind of disappointing to me. But oh, well. As long as e-gift cards work, I'm ok with that. 

For me the ecards are the preferred method. Our mail in N Idaho is a bit sketchy. I have applied ecards at the kiosk on my last cruise in May without any issues. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

For me the ecards are the preferred method. Our mail in N Idaho is a bit sketchy. I have applied ecards at the kiosk on my last cruise in May without any issues. 

Good to know. Thanks! I feel a little better now. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

For me the ecards are the preferred method. Our mail in N Idaho is a bit sketchy. I have applied ecards at the kiosk on my last cruise in May without any issues. 

If you ever feel uneasy you can buy cruise credit with the gift cards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tw67 said:

If you ever feel uneasy you can buy cruise credit with the gift cards.

Thanks for you input, but that's not the issue. It's hard plastic gift cards vs. e-gift cards. Which is better.. that is the question. And it appears that "it don't make no difference." :classic_laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks for you input, but that's not the issue. It's hard plastic gift cards vs. e-gift cards. Which is better.. that is the question. And it appears that "it don't make no difference." :classic_laugh:

It really makes no difference....... both have a number and a pin . will buy the cruise cash in an amount I know i will blow because it is non refundable. This just makes it easier to get cruise started. I add cash via gift card later as necessary at the kiosks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Well, it looks like Allstate no longer offers the hard plastic gift cards....only e-gift cards. That's kind of disappointing to me. But oh, well. As long as e-gift cards work, I'm ok with that. 

I just purchased 3 $100 gift cards earlier this week that were delivered today so it might just be temporary if they are not showing up now. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks for you input, but that's not the issue. It's hard plastic gift cards vs. e-gift cards. Which is better.. that is the question. And it appears that "it don't make no difference." :classic_laugh:

I used to buy the physical cards, but now I only purchase the ecards.

 

The ecards seem superior.  For one thing, with the egift card you avoid that annoying shipping charge that Allstate adds to the physical gift cards.   More importantly, you receive and can use the ecards right away.  I think we have all at one point or another wondered “when is that (physical) gift card going to arrive??”  And the fact that you get the ecards within a minute or so of ordering seems to reduce the possibility of fraud.  I think (but may be wrong) that my email is more secure than my snail mail.  Snail mail of course has various handlers at the point of origin and in transit and there is the time in transit and sitting in my physical mailbox.  Even if you think your email might not be secure, the fact that you can (if you want) use the ecards within minutes of ordering them definitely lessens the possibility of someone compromising your ecard.

 

I really can’t think of any advantages to the physical cards.  I know some folks like being able  to hand the hard plastic card to the staffer at guest services when you use the gift card for onboard credit.  But my experience with the egift cards is that I can just print out the webpage with the card logo, number, and pin, and the clerk behind the guest services counter is perfectly happy with that piece of paper.

 

Really, are there any advantages these days to purchasing physical gift cards? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Really, are there any advantages these days to purchasing physical gift cards? 

Advantage? Probably not, but personal preference, for me yes. I purchase a few cards every month as my trip “savings fund”.  Whenever I find a cruise I want to book I have the cards ready to use.  I have a safe place I keep all of my cards and when I do have e-cards the printouts are just more of a hassle for me personally. When I cruise I take a couple of cards for onboard spending. I print everything as backup for my trip so already have a big file of papers I keep track of and adding the e-gift paper is just not as convenient for me. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

Advantage? Probably not, but personal preference, for me yes. I purchase a few cards every month as my trip “savings fund”.  Whenever I find a cruise I want to book I have the cards ready to use.  I have a safe place I keep all of my cards and when I do have e-cards the printouts are just more of a hassle for me personally. When I cruise I take a couple of cards for onboard spending. I print everything as backup for my trip so already have a big file of papers I keep track of and adding the e-gift paper is just not as convenient for me. 

Keeping them on hand for a last minute cruise is a great idea!  I just paid off my fall cruise, but I am still ordering water for the room, etc...  so I have a few ecards hanging around.  Whatever I don't use I will put towards my Fall 2023 cruise.  I will also buy cruise credit and take it out in the casino slot machine.  Well my husband will and will use at tables.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been a while since I bought from AARP.  Are the AARP  ones now e-gift cards?  And if so, do they come instantaneously?  As in if I buy one now, will I be able to use on our cruise tomorrow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, sarmat1 said:

Been a while since I bought from AARP.  Are the AARP  ones now e-gift cards?  And if so, do they come instantaneously?  As in if I buy one now, will I be able to use on our cruise tomorrow?

Yes to both questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is your Tuesday reminder to play the Match Game.  Today I was a lucky winner and scored 200 on the spin game!  200+ 500 for match + 50 for logging in!

 

I know it isn’t much but until that day I win the lottery, I will take a spin game win!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...