Regal Princess pillows and temperature onboard

TorontoTL

We have a cruise on the Regal coming up in a week and I have a couple of questions. I have a bad neck and require a thin soft pillow. When we were last on the Emerald they had new pillows which were really fluffy and thick and really bad for my neck. Does the Regal have thin pillows or really thick ones? Are down pillows available for balcony cabins?

Also, in the past I have often found Princess ships to be a bit on the cold side temperature wise, how has it been recently on the Regal, should I be bringing a sweater with me because it is quite cold?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a cruise on the Regal coming up in a week and I have a couple of questions. I have a bad neck and require a thin soft pillow. When we were last on the Emerald they had new pillows which were really fluffy and thick and really bad for my neck. Does the Regal have thin pillows or really thick ones? Are down pillows available for balcony cabins?

Also, in the past I have often found Princess ships to be a bit on the cold side temperature wise, how has it been recently on the Regal, should I be bringing a sweater with me because it is quite cold?

Can't respond regarding pillows. We always bring a sweater or zippered sweatshirt for both warm/tropical and cooler weather cruises. It always seems to be cool in the theater and lounges.

I was on Regal 1/8/17 in a balcony cabin. They had feather pillows. They were thick, but you could make them to fit your head and neck by making a dent in the feathers. I really liked them for my neck.

Edited by geocruiser

One can, of course, always bring a preferred pillow along in luggage. Just remember to take it with you when you disembark.

This is good advice, and I've done it a few times. If you do, a colorful pillowcase will help remind you that this one's yours.

I like thinner pillows too and use a special curved neck pillow at home. I brought a travel foam pillow, which worked fine, but was kind of a nuisance to pack or carry around. I'm not fond of feather pillows, and if I use them too many nights in a row sometimes have an allergic reaction--but it takes a couple of weeks.

The temperature seemed fine to me and I usually get cold in public spaces. I usually have a cardigan or jacket along just in case.

I thought the interior temps were warm to quite warm in most of the public venues -- there wasn't a single instance I can recall of feeling that air-conditioning chill one can get, especially after a day of getting somewhat crispy in the sun. This is not a ship on which I can imagine ever needing a sweater! That said, I don't want to scare you; it wasn't uncomfortably warm -- assuming one is dressed for the Caribbean weather.

I recently sailed the Regal and found the pillows on the thin side. I used three to get the density I wanted. I also found the temps all through the ship to be just fine. I wore short sleeves several times and never felt the need for a sweater. But, that is me. Perhaps pack a sweater just to be on the safe side.

Hi friends!

We found the pillows in our cabin to be incredibly thin. We actually each used 2 to sleep on because we found them so flat. So I think you're good.

As far as temps, we were never cold. But living in FL during the summers we might be a bit jaded with AC temps because it can never be too cold for us.

Have fun!

-Andrew :)

Thais everyone for your replies. We are really looking forward to our cruise. It sounds like I can probably avoid bringing my own pillow which would be a pain, but I might bring a light sweater.