? on Shore Excursions

NORTHSHOREPAIR

We're sailing 1/21/06 on the Oosterdam. Stops are Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta.

We booked the Land's End Tour in Cabo, my 14 year old and my father are doing Deep Sea Fishing in Mazatlan. Can anyone tell me more about these tours?

Looking for something for DH and I to do in Mazatlan while the son is gone...something for after sleeping late and having breakfast alone on our veranda.

Haven't booked any tours for Puerto Vallarta yet. What should we do through the cruise line or should we just hoof it on our own? We're docked until 10pm.

For P.V i would look into Las Caletas or the Los Veranos ziplines if you are up to such an endeavor. Both are really fun trips for the day. You still have plenty of time to get in a taxi and head to towm for some dinner and see the awsome sunset in P.V. and walk the Malecon.

This is what we did recently at the same ports:

We only took two tours; one was independent on Mazatlan with Randi's Happy Horses ($45 each) plus Garlic Shrimp at Victors ($14 shared by two) and we did get the first ride back to the ships. The other tour was booked on the ship (the tour company will not book cruisers independently but will book hotel guests) for the Rhythms of the Night adventure ($89 each) at Las Caletas at Puerto Vallarta. We took a yellow taxi ($5) outside the terminal area into old Puerta Vallarta and toured the Cathedral and walked along the Malecon and through the Riu Cuale area plus we stopped for drinks and a snack at Las Palmas. We also managed a late afternoon local tour at Mazatlan on a Pulmonia. I bartered for $20 for a one hour tour. That was long enough and we really got to see everything in the old and new Vallarta. We did not make any stops accept for photos, although our driver offered. At Cabo san Lucas, we took a Glass Bottom boat tour again independently for $12 each out to Los Archos and the sea lion area. Again 45 minutes was long enough and we got to see both the Sea of Cortez side and the Pacific side of this natural wonder. Seas were a little ruff and looking into the glass bottom couldn't be done for long without getting queasy! The temperatures and sun were hot in Mexico. We both decided to skip the beach stops. DH said after we were back on ship, he wished we had done the Zip Line tour in Puerta Vallarta. Someone else mentioned a tour to the Siera Madre area was great, too.

Archived