Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

At least they were wearing the robe. I saw two young ladies (early 20s, maybe) on a five-day Century cruise wearing pajamas. Both were barefoot and looked like they hadn't combed their hair either. So I guess they figured cruise breakfast is just like back home - just wake up and show up.

I have a feeling my wife will show up on one of these threads after we go on our first cruise because she enjoys staying in her PJ's and wears dressing gowns constatly. Oh well....

My DW and I were at a large table for dinner the first night on a Caribbean cruise with a variety of people, when a elderly white woman at the table asked a young black man what island he was from? You should have seen the jaws drop at that table! The young man replied very smartly with a smile," Long Island";p

I have a feeling my wife will show up on one of these threads after we go on our first cruise because she enjoys staying in her PJ's and wears dressing gowns constatly. Oh well....

Surprised I haven't been mentioned, regularly wear my superman/batman pajamas to the breakfast buffet. No crew has ever said a word other than did the theme songs as I went by. Granted haven't sailed on Celebrity yet so we'll see if they are more strict.2QA=

On Equinox a few years ago. My wife, a fitness marvel, was at the pool wearing a newly released bikini from Venus swimwear, was approached by a much less fit (OK, obease) woman wearing the size 20 version of the same swim suit. As she passed my wife this "lady" came to a screeching halt, looked my wife up and down, and exclaimed "Bitch!"

On Equinox a few years ago. My wife, a fitness marvel, was at the pool wearing a newly released bikini from Venus swimwear, was approached by a much less fit (OK, obease) woman wearing the size 20 version of the same swim suit. As she passed my wife this "lady" came to a screeching halt, looked my wife up and down, and exclaimed "Bitch!"

To interpret, in women’s language, that is a high compliment , just saying;)

We are doing our first cruise in March next year.... when we told the in-laws we were doing a cruise MIL told us a couple of stories from their cruise around the pacific Islands on P&O? about 15 years ago

She said one night at the buffet someone grabbed a whole cheesecake that had just been put out for desert and took it to their table

Then she said they were relaxing by the pool one day and a younger couple were in the loungers next to them and the man had a towel covering his groin area that kept on moving.... my mother in law is very nosey and wants to know everything (who is doing what, where and when) and she pulled the towel off and said "what are you doing here"? only to find the mans partner / wife was apparently giving him a hand job

I'm sure we have may others but this just came to mind... in the elevator on our way to dinner on formal night. A couple got on who were also all dressed up. He was in a tux and evidently had just recently shaved but cut himself. He still had the tiny piece of tissue on his face over the cut to help stop the bleeding. Not sure if he intended to leave it there all through dinner or forgot to remove it.

We were on an all-day excursion recently when a guy in his mid-50's at the beginning of the tour asked the tour guide, where everyone of the 14 other passengers could hear, when can we stop for a potty break because he had to do #2. He even repeated that he could wait about 15 minutes but he really had to do #2.

On our Eclipse cruise last year an elderly (I would guess 80s or 90s) European lady

(I heard her talk to her husband and it might have been German but it might also have been Norwegian or Dutch)

changed EVERY SINGLE DAY from her "walking around bathing suit" to her "swimming bathing suit" and then back again later out on the pool deck. Not a sight any of us wanted to see.:eek::eek::eek:

On our Eclipse cruise last year an elderly (I would guess 80s or 90s) European lady

(I heard her talk to her husband and it might have been German but it might also have been Norwegian or Dutch)

changed EVERY SINGLE DAY from her "walking around bathing suit" to her "swimming bathing suit" and then back again later out on the pool deck. Not a sight any of us wanted to see.:eek::eek::eek:

Omg that's bravery

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The funniest moment was in a lift (elevator) with 3 elderly ladies. They were very upset as they could not work out how the lift would get them to the front of the ship from the aft area. We tried to explain that they had to go up to the right deck and then walk, but they just did not get it. They were expecting the lift to move forward and back, as well as up and down. Sooooo funny, bless 'em.

Sadly we had to leave them there as there was no convincing them !! Not sure to this day if they ever got there or spent the evening going up and down .....

The funniest moment was in a lift (elevator) with 3 elderly ladies. They were very upset as they could not work out how the lift would get them to the front of the ship from the aft area. We tried to explain that they had to go up to the right deck and then walk, but they just did not get it. They were expecting the lift to move forward and back, as well as up and down. Sooooo funny, bless 'em.

Sadly we had to leave them there as there was no convincing them !! Not sure to this day if they ever got there or spent the evening going up and down .....

Maybe they'd been on that lift that does that in Genoa earlier in the day

Yesterday, him/her, Spanish speaking, 60+, walking in front of us on deck 3 Summit, her knocking on various doors, and her running ahead to have him or us to take blame. Fortunately, no one answered doors, probably not in due to time of day. He did not say anything to her. Just some of the strange antics.

Ok...been enjoying these way too much, so should probably reciprocate with a story...

Went down one morning to get my usual specialty coffee. A number of us got on the elevator, and a guy carrying 4 or 5 cups of coffee gets on just as the doors are closing. He asks if someone could push the <whatever floor> button for him, to which someone wittily replied something to the effect of “why? Can’t you?”. To which the guy starts to balance all of the cups on one arm, to free the other hand. Wasn’t til that moment that we all recognized him as the juggler from the show the night before!

• Haha 1

On MSC Divina the LeMuse restaurant is on the back of the ship overlooking a pool. LeMuse has windows where you can see out but the people at the pool can't see in.

Around 6 pm or so very few people in the pool

But we saw a few people thinking, I guess, that no one could see them, take off their wet bathing suits.

Little did they know that the whole restaurant was watching them.

The waiters in LeMuse were used to the "show."

They, in turn, would grab napkins and laughingly rush to cover the ladies' eyes.:eek:

On our January cruise this year a couple in a room several doors down from ours had a wheelchair they borrowed from X. Instead of taking it into their room, they left it in the hallway, usually not even folded (which it could do). It blocked over half the hallway and created a safety hazard for the entire two week cruise.

Someone should have moved it to a different deck!?!

We are doing our first cruise in March next year.... when we told the in-laws we were doing a cruise MIL told us a couple of stories from their cruise around the pacific Islands on P&O? about 15 years ago

She said one night at the buffet someone grabbed a whole cheesecake that had just been put out for desert and took it to their table

Then she said they were relaxing by the pool one day and a younger couple were in the loungers next to them and the man had a towel covering his groin area that kept on moving.... my mother in law is very nosey and wants to know everything (who is doing what, where and when) and she pulled the towel off and said "what are you doing here"? only to find the mans partner / wife was apparently giving him a hand job

Your MIL really needs to mind her own business.