Anthem Check-in Procedures -- Photo Required????

This will be our first time on Anthem and I remember seeing something that a photo needs to be uploaded prior to boarding since check in is done on tablets at the Bayonne port. Is this the case? What happens if only one of the passengers in the same cabin is able to do this?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

If you don't have a photo, they'll take one there with their ipads. Its just one less step before getting you onboard the ship.

Great news! I think we will just let them take our photos at the port since I am Diamond level and hopefully have a different (shorter) line to stand in.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

At the embarkation for the Anthem cruise we just return from at the end of January the staff was doing the check in at counters and not using roaming iPad procedure as was done for our two previous Anthem cruises.

Also if the photo you uploaded isn't to their satisfaction they will retake it using their web cam. I hadn't noticed DW's eyes were partially closed when I took her shot with my laptop webcam prior to that cruise.

Guest maddycat
Great news! I think we will just let them take our photos at the port since I am Diamond level and hopefully have a different (shorter) line to stand in.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

When we were at Cape Liberty in October the only ones who got shorter lines/priority boarding were the suite guests and pinnacle c&a members. Everyone else was seated together and boarded by arrival times.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

Definitely. It saves you about 30 seconds if you don't have an acceptable photo loaded in advance. You (and I) probably spent more time on this post than it takes to have them take your picture.

When we were at Cape Liberty in October the only ones who got shorter lines/priority boarding were the suite guests and pinnacle c&a members. Everyone else was seated together and boarded by arrival times.

At the embarkation for the Anthem cruise we did last month there was a separate area for D and D+ members which boarded just after the suites and Pinnacles once getting on had started.

At the embarkation for the Anthem cruise we did last month there was a separate area for D and D+ members which boarded just after the suites and Pinnacles once getting on had started.

This was the procedure used when smaller ships (Explorer) left from Cape Liberty. Glad to know it is still in effect since we will be taking our photos at the pier.

MARAPRINCE

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

There was no line. We came up to the door and was approached by a guy with an Ipad. He did everything there, including take my wife's picture. For some reason, they found it unacceptable. After that, it was through security and onto the ship. I got there about noon, and was probably onboard no LATER than 12:15. I was a lowly gold (but that cruise pushed me to Platinum)