CruiseLovininIL

Cruising with Pullmantur

Hi P&K,

Did you stay overnight in Santo Domingo then before your cruise? May I ask where you stayed? I've booked on the April 7th cruise on the Zenith out of S.D. and I was wondering if I could just arrive the morning of the cruise ie. flight arrives at 11am, ship departs at 10pm....

Thanks, ali

We stayed at the Hotel Europa - not bad and in the colonial district - a friend recommended me not to stay outside of the colonial district. If you stay for more than one day you have to buy a $10 tourist card and pay $20 taxes on boarding the ship. We're returning on March 3rd and going directly from the airport to the port. It's worth pre-paying for a minibus shuttle - there are a number of online companies. Its about 1/2 hour drive and costs around $30-40.

We stayed at the Hotel Europa - not bad and in the colonial district - a friend recommended me not to stay outside of the colonial district. If you stay for more than one day you have to buy a $10 tourist card and pay $20 taxes on boarding the ship. We're returning on March 3rd and going directly from the airport to the port. It's worth pre-paying for a minibus shuttle - there are a number of online companies. Its about 1/2 hour drive and costs around $30-40.

Thanks for your answer! Sorry, I lost track of this thread once I discovered the Roll Call one!

Those of you who booked a cruise, did you go through Pullmantur directly or another agency like Vacations to go?

I am having very slow replies to my emails and no help in finding another cabin on the same ship without having to cancel and rebook and losing my deposit.

Hello

We are arriving in Panama on Sunday 7th May and have opted to stay at the 5 star Grace Panama, it has outstanding reviews and the contact we have had with the Hotel has all been positive.

They have arranged for a Car to Pick us up at the Airport at a cost of about $40, payable direct to the Hotel when we arrive, they have also said they will be able to arrange a transfer to Colon Port on the Wednesday and it will be fine to sort out the details when we arrive.

We used *************. They were cheaper than Pullmantur and a faster response time.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Forums mobile app

Posted (edited)

Every time I book Pullmantur, I do it with VToG. Samuel is wonderful

Edited by NOLAGrandma
Spelling

Our party of 13 booked a cruise on Sovereign with Vacations to Go - no complaints. Frank Alegria was most helpful.