Cruise Director Review

tx121

Most memorable for us are Marc Walker, Casey Pelter, and Ricky Matthews (listed in order we sailed with them).

Clo O'Connor, and Mitch Merucci left a positive impression. Contrary to what people have said about Clo on Anthem, when we were on Brilliance with her, we saw her all over the ship.

The others I had to look up in my stash of old Cruise Compasses just to make note of who they were... meaning they didn't really leave much of an impression. I've never had a CD that left a negative impression.

I'm waiting for dozen or so contributors who feel compelled to tell you the CD makes no difference to them.

Unfortunately many are under the impression that a CD is just a mouth piece that shows up before and after a show. I don't have a favorite either but I appreciate their efforts.

I have to say Dave Chapman and Abe Huges were two of the BEST I've had in all my sailings on royal. When you saw them around the ship they always had time to chat with you which was nice.

On our last Anthem cruise we (in my opinion) had one of the worst CLO :mad:. I never saw a CD in more of a rush to do what she had to do and get outta there.Other than when she walked the deck in the am I never saw her around the ship.

We liked "Hello Clo" on the Anthem. Big ship but she remembered Bob's name the second time he walked with her morning group. Our favorite combination of CD and Activities Manager was on Allure in November, Tim & Katie. We actually watched their show every morning though rarely saw them outside of the theater. We have also sailed for many nights with John and Katrina Blair and find them to be an excellent team and very friendly. Looking forward to having Graham Seymour again for 24 weeks days on Explorer in April. He knows how to host the Love and Marriage Game Show the best and is very entertaining, too.

I don't have a least favorite. There aren't any I wouldn't sail with again. We have always been on Royal ships except for one unmemorable Princess cruise. Did they even have a CD? It's only been 15 months but I'm not sure!

Karen (&Bob)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Clo arrived and WHAM had to learn a whole new ship, and boy, is Anthem different from Brilliance! She adjusted pretty quickly, but always asked us to be kind and understanding while she learned.

Thanks for defending Clo, Carol. I didn't mean to imply that she was our favorite, just that we thought she was fine. Actually, John Blair is our favorite so far but a lot of people disagree. Graham Seymour is also very good but we won't have much longer to enjoy him as he, too, intends to "semi" retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Merion_Mom;52263261]Clo arrived and WHAM had to learn a whole new ship, and boy, is Anthem different from Brilliance! She adjusted pretty quickly, but always asked us to be kind and understanding while she learned.

When she did the Meet & Mingle I never saw any CD get in and out so fast and at the belly flop she didn't want to wait for a new mic so everyone can here her. And yes seen many morning shows and hers was not good at all her partner was much better. JUST SAYING :eek: :cool:.

I think all of the CDs that I remember (don't know who it was on my first cruise, wasn't paying attention then) have been very positive and high-energy people who were a lot of fun to sail with. That being said, if I had to rank them, here's how it would stack up, in ascending order:

4. Amy Fickert

3. Carly Boileau/Elvis Pinto (Carly ran the show, but Elvis handled all of the Spanish-speaking duties on our cruise out of San Juan)

2. Luke Arrowsmith

1. Graham Seymour

Marc Walker is our favorite, he's funny, witty, talented and fun. We love to sail with him, such a nice guy and does a great Love and Marriage Game Show.

Richard Spacey is the funniest person I have ever encountered on vacation. His energy level is off the charts and his Dance Evolution and Seventies Dance Party was EPIC! You were never quite sure what he would say or do.

Graham Seymour is so musically talented and his morning show was hysterical.

That's my top three with honorable mention to Abe Hughes. He did a great job during Hurricane Hermine and he was everywhere on Harmony on the 1st 7 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in November.

I was waiting for Ken Rush to come up. The reaction here seems LOVE & HATE him. Most of the haters seem to have had personal interaction with him. I thought his TV shows were good and full of good information as well as when he was MC of an event. I thought he ran a very good quest, possibly only matched by Ricky Williams. Ricky hasn't come up yet, I did like him 3 times on Majesty, haven't seen him since he left that ship.

I beyond loved Ken Rush!!!! I would cruise on any ship he was CD - gutted he's gone into the office more these days. Three cheers for Ken!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Merion_Mom;52263261]Clo arrived and WHAM had to learn a whole new ship, and boy, is Anthem different from Brilliance! She adjusted pretty quickly, but always asked us to be kind and understanding while she learned.

When she did the Meet & Mingle I never saw any CD get in and out so fast and at the belly flop she didn't want to wait for a new mic so everyone can here her. And yes seen many morning shows and hers was not good at all her partner was much better. JUST SAYING :eek: :cool:.

I've never seen a CD at a Meet and Mingle. That does remind me of one thing I thought made Carly the worst I have had. The Love and Marriage is usually a late night show, but she had it between dinner seatings on our cruise, you want to talk about Wham, Bam, Thank you maam!

Mike S. from Canada. I won't even attempt his last name. He is no longer with RCI. He was by far the best I have encountered, very talented at what he did and nothing about him was annoying.... that is a very big plus.

Mike Swakowski (sp?)

You're right, he was great :)

Here it is...... Mike Szwajkowski

Graham Seymore FTW. His morning TV shows are a hoot. Edgy self deprecating humor. Puts out a box in guest services where PAX can submit shout-outs and bad & tasteless jokes which he will sometimes read on on his morning TV show. I'm either elated/crushed when he reads/does not read my joke submissions. ;-)

Graham Seymore FTW. His morning TV shows are a hoot. Edgy self deprecating humor. Puts out a box in guest services where PAX can submit shout-outs and bad & tasteless jokes which he will sometimes read on on his morning TV show. I'm either elated/crushed when he reads/does not read my joke submissions. ;-)

Drew Devine and Casey Pelter both did that, and I enjoyed it. I usually end up watching the most TV when my wife is finishing getting ready for something.

Best,,Graham Seymore. His England music groups from the 60s& 70s concert on the promenade were awesome!!!

Worst,,Miracle Marvin, at least that's what they called him.(can't remember his last name) Just last week on the Navigator. BORING!!

Worst,,Miracle Marvin, at least that's what they called him.(can't remember his last name) Just last week on the Navigator. BORING!!

Marvin is really an Activities Manager, not a CD. He stepped up for the one sailing only, to cover for the cruise director who was attending a conference in Las Vegas.