Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wishful

Sailing on 10/20 and still no documentation

:mad: We are suppose to sail to the Caribbean on the Mediterranea ship on November 20, 2005 (that is 8 days from today) and still no documentation. Costa will not confirm where the docs are (if there are any) and my TA has not received the e-docs that were suppose to be sent to her. I first booked this cruise in July and made the final payment in October so there is no excuse for Costa not to send out our documentation. NEVER AGAIN COSTA

Our docs just came in for the 11/20 Mediterranea. Our travel agent sent them out in 2 day mail this past Friday- so hope to have by this Tuesday.Costa told our travel agent that they still don't know if we will go to Cozumel or to a substitute port.

:mad: Here it is the 14th of November and we sail on the 20th and still no documentation. The question "Will we be sailing or crying?" Maybe waving goodbye to the ship. ONCE MORE

COSTA NEVER AGAIN!

:mad: We are suppose to sail to the Caribbean on the Mediterranea ship on November 20, 2005 (that is 8 days from today) and still no documentation. Costa will not confirm where the docs are (if there are any) and my TA has not received the e-docs that were suppose to be sent to her. I first booked this cruise in July and made the final payment in October so there is no excuse for Costa not to send out our documentation. NEVER AGAIN COSTA

the message heading reads 10/20... if so, you've already missed the boat

Wishful,

I would definitely call Costa on your own and push them for an answer. It doesn’t hurt to call yourself as well as your TA. We had a problem with our transfers a week before we left. I called Costa everyday, a couple of times a day, demanding an answer, requesting to speak with management and I wouldn’t give up. I was in contact with Costa via e-mail, fax, and phone. If you have a booking number from Costa, ask them if that is sufficient for you to board, if so have them send you something in writing via fax or e-mail. I documented everything even brought it with us, until we received an answer from Costa. I believe it was 2 weeks after we returned from the cruise. But they eventually refunded our money with no fees. So I would be persistent, you might get some action. Felt the same way, what a way to start off a vacation. Good luck...

Wishful,

I would definitely call Costa on your own and push them for an answer. It doesn’t hurt to call yourself as well as your TA. We had a problem with our transfers a week before we left. I called Costa everyday, a couple of times a day, demanding an answer, requesting to speak with management and I wouldn’t give up. I was in contact with Costa via e-mail, fax, and phone. If you have a booking number from Costa, ask them if that is sufficient for you to board, if so have them send you something in writing via fax or e-mail. I documented everything even brought it with us, until we received an answer from Costa. I believe it was 2 weeks after we returned from the cruise. But they eventually refunded our money with no fees. So I would be persistent, you might get some action. Felt the same way, what a way to start off a vacation. Good luck...

To Host Star, Thank you for pointing out my mistake in posting 10/20 instead of 11/20. I wish you could help Costa find my boarding documentation.This is to tell you I wished I had never booked 11/20 or any other date on Costa.

To Host Star, Thank you for pointing out my mistake in posting 10/20 instead of 11/20. I wish you could help Costa find my boarding documentation.This is to tell you I wished I had never booked 11/20 or any other date on Costa.

wishful,

my suggestion would be another attempt at calling Costa to make sure you are on the manifest and request a fax from them stating so.. if you are on the manifest there should be no problem boarding the ship..yours seems to be an isolated incident and therefore may have been a communication problem with your travel agent and Costa Cruise Lines.. following some of these threads it appears others have been receiving their documents, altho somewhat a little close to sailing than normal.. I wish you a wonderful cruise aboard the Costa Mediterannea.. she's a beautiful ship with a great crew..please keep us posted how you make out..

I finally reached a supervisor from Costa and was informed that they could not talk to me because they are in litigation with the travel agent. She said she would call us tomorrow with an answer. (I will not hold my breath) as to our documentation. I don't think this an isolated situation. Please tell me what threads stated that they received their docs. for the cruise on 11/20/05 on the Mediterranea because I can't seem to find any. The only one I saw was stating they are suppose to receive them on Tuesday 11/15. Thank you

I finally reached a supervisor from Costa and was informed that they could not talk to me because they are in litigation with the travel agent. She said she would call us tomorrow with an answer. (I will not hold my breath) as to our documentation. I don't think this an isolated situation. Please tell me what threads stated that they received their docs. for the cruise on 11/20/05 on the Mediterranea because I can't seem to find any. The only one I saw was stating they are suppose to receive them on Tuesday 11/15. Thank you

check thru the other threads.. all seem to be receiving their documents..

Hi, I am the person who posted earlier that my travel agent had received my docs for the 11/20 Mediterranea cruise last Friday, Nov. 11. She sent them to me in 2 day mail and I did receive the docs yesterday (Nov. 14) just in time for the 11/20 cruise. I really hope everyone else gets their docs soon.

Hi, I am the person who posted earlier that my travel agent had received my docs for the 11/20 Mediterranea cruise last Friday, Nov. 11. She sent them to me in 2 day mail and I did receive the docs yesterday (Nov. 14) just in time for the 11/20 cruise. I really hope everyone else gets their docs soon.

have a great cruise SMGAPP.. hopefully WISHFUL will get his docs or at least a confirmation that he is on the manifest.. there seems to be an issue with the travel agent he used and Costa CruiseLines , which should be able to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction..

I am glad SMGAPP that your received your docs but don't you think they still came a little late since the cruise leaves Sunday? Did your TA give you an explanation of why they were sent to you so late?

:mad: To R and R thank you for your concern about our docs. Since Costa informed us yesterday 11/14 that we would definitely receive a phone call today I stayed home all day waiting for a phone call that never came. Some customer service. I have been in touch with our TA and have been informed that their lawyer is now involved with Costa. And no we still have not received our documents.

:mad: To R and R thank you for your concern about our docs. Since Costa informed us yesterday 11/14 that we would definitely receive a phone call today I stayed home all day waiting for a phone call that never came. Some customer service. I have been in touch with our TA and have been informed that their lawyer is now involved with Costa. And no we still have not received our documents.

wishful,,, did you charge this on your credit card?.. and when your charge came thru was it from Costa or from your travel agent??... you can see where I'm leading here..

Host Star, Yes I did charge the trip and Yes according to my statement it was directly to COSTA not the TA.

well, that eliminates that problem.. i'm stumped.. please keep us posted.. i'm hoping you get onboard and have a great cruise but I can understand your disappointment and stress.. regards..

On our last cruise I printed all those e-docs (was with rccl) not Costa. I don't even think they needed any of tehm except for the one with the charge card info. Just have your passport/Id and good luck. After all this and you get on board you are going to have a relaxing vacation.

My travel docs for the 11/20 Costa Mediterranea got to my travel agent on 11/10- Costa said the delay was because they were printed in Italy? (not sure I believe that) Since 11/11 was a holiday, there was no mail and they were delivered to me on 11/14 (my travel agent is out of state) I know that was cutting it a bit close with time- and there are 9 of us on this cruise- we are surprising my father to celebrate his 70th birthday on 11/26! We are looking forward to the cruise despite the ticketing delay...

SMGAPP I'm glad you received your docs. and I wish you and your family happy cruising. Wishing your Father a happy 70th birthday and many, many more.

Wishful have you spoken to your TA's lawyer? I think I would want to talk to the lawyer since it seems to be a dispute between your TA and the cruiseline that is preventing you from getting your docs.

My travel agent said the travel docs are printed in Italy for Costa's Mediterranea cruise- I just checked the cover of the docs and they do say "digitally printed by Rotomail Italia S.P.A.- Cologno Monzese (MI) " so it looks like they did come from Italy.. still not a good reason for such a delay. I hope "Wishful"gets their docs and has fun! It is good you got the wine confirmation-that means they are expecting you. I ordered a birthday cake for my dad and I got the confirmation for that yesterday.Thanks for the birthday wishes for my dad- we will be a table of 9 with 4 kids ages 11-16 celebrating on 11/26-stop by if you see us-hope it works out for you and you get your docs soon and have fun!

:) YIPPEE!!!!! FINALLY GOT E-DOCS FROM OUR HARD, HARD WORKING TRAVEL AGENT AND THEIR LAWYER. AN E-MAIL HAD TO BE SENT TO THE HEADS OF COSTA TO GET SOME ACTION. IT IS SAD TO THINK THAT OUR TRAVEL AGENT HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL, OVER THIS, THANK GOD IT TURNED OUT TO BE ANGINA AND NOT A HEART ATTACK AS WAS SUSPECTED. I AM TRULY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM COSTA. I AM GOING ON A CRUISE WITH CELEBRITY IN DECEMBER AND CALLED THEM THIS MORNING WITH A QUESTION. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH THIS CRUISE LINE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND DID NOT KEEP TELLING ME TO CALL OUR TRAVEL AGENT. QUITE A DIFFERENCE WITH SERVICE. I GUESS FROM NOW ON I'LL STICK WITH CELEBRITY, ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND PRINCESS. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH THOSE CRUISE LINES.