Sailing on 10/20 and still no documentation

wishful

:) YIPPEE!!!!! FINALLY GOT E-DOCS FROM OUR HARD, HARD WORKING TRAVEL AGENT AND THEIR LAWYER. AN E-MAIL HAD TO BE SENT TO THE HEADS OF COSTA LINES.

glad to hear you finally got your docs.. one way or another.. now, take a deep breath , relax and PACK!!... have a great cruise.. the Mediterannea is a lovely ship..

Costa update,

Well we received edocs at 8am pst today which we rushed like mad to email to everyone. We are so very blessed at Vacationsbysea to have such wonderful, wonderful guests. Everyone has been so patient and understanding. Our guests are our number 1 priority. And we fought tooth and nail to protect our passengers. We hope that everyone that cruises takes the time to know their rights as consumers, being a California agency we have many licenses and registration and the restitution fund and errors and omissions insurance. Our attorney Alexander Anolik in San Francisco is worth the investment to take care of our guests

We hope everyone has a super fun week

Take care

The service team at Vacationsbysea

Why are you putting all the blame on Costa? They told you they were in litigation with your TA. Sounds like it could have been your TA's fault and not Costa's.

Litigation over tickets that are late?(you don't need ticks to board boat), Doesn't sound right to me. Maybe litigation over a trip that was never booked and now trying to get it for the old price. I'm sorry your TA got sick over this, but I can't see them getting sick over missing tickets. I'm sure it's not the first time tickets were late getting to your TA.

I think it's kind of strange that your TA posted and wrote about their restitution fund and errors and omissions insurance.

Sorry but the word litigation puts a whole different spin on things.

Hope you have a great trip.

I also wouldn't put all the blame on Costa, I received my tickets from my TA on Wednesday for my 12/18 cruise on the Mediterranea.

Just enjoy your cruises now and forget about it all. Costa is a great cruise company and I'm sure you'll have a winderful cruise.

I also wouldn't put all of the blame on Costa - being an attorney myself and having a mother who owns and runs a travel agency I can guarantee you that this is not all Costa's fault. We have never had litigation over late tickets before. In fact - we have never had litigation over anything before. Sounds to me like there may have been someone dropping the ball. To put the blame all on Costa without knowing the whole story isn't fair. And it does sound kind of odd that your TA would go into the hospital over something like tickets when they could have easily just provided you with the paid in full documentation to give Costa when you went to check in. Costa faxes it right away to the TA when you pay to confirm receipt of the payment. We received ours back the same day we booked.

And by the way - my husband and I are leaving next week for our honeymoon on 11/27 mediterranea - we got our tickets today from our travel agent - my mom. She had to express mail them because they just got in from Costa - from Italy.

Having cruised on many many different lines, including Costa - I do hope you'll put all of this behind you and enjoy your trip. Because I guarantee that anywhere you go, if you're looking for something negative you will find it.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. I understand your saying not to put the entire blame on Costa but still when I sent my final payment (early Oct.) Costa is the one that charged my account. When I called Costa last week and spoke to their "Customer Service" I was not treated with respect and was told I would receive a telephone back from them. I'm still waiting. All we wanted was some sort of e-mail from them saying we were booked. Costa even changed our friends state room without informing them. They did not realized this until they received their e-docs Thursday. Whatever happened between Costa and the TA should have stayed between them and not the customer. I am a customer of both but the TA did not have the docs to send out Costa did. I am also happy we can drive to the port I don't know what is going on with the ones that had to fly. I will give a report of the cruise when I return and it will be a honest report of just the cruise.

Archived