LauraS

MSC Cruises & Cruise Critic: Meet & Mingle Parties on MSC Divina & MSC Seaside!

Hello All:

We're pleased to announce that we have entered into a partnership with MSC Cruises to offer you Official Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties on board MSC Divina and MSC Seaside! Attending these gatherings will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic.

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

MSC Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue is provided) as well a either a hosted one-hour cocktail party and/or coffee service, or hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from MSC Cruises!

Laura

Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of six (6) persons registered to attend.

Edited by LauraS

Thank you!

Will this be in addition to the already cruise critic meeting already on sea days?

I guess I am a bit confused, as well ... as MSC has previously provided private space for a Meet 'n Greet (including cocktail and butlered hors d'oeuvres - including caviar). MSC routinely sends numerous ship's officers (including the captain), who make it a point to ask passengers for input. On our last MSC Divina cruise in December, MSC scheduled a second Meet 'n Greet (again, with cocktails, butlered hors d'oeuvres - including caviar), to provide answers to questions which had been raised on the initial Meet 'n Greet.

I'm also confused. We attended a Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle on our cruise a few weeks ago. Very nice. Lots of personal attention from Officers and Department Heads. Great refreshments too.

It looks like they used to automatically have a meet and mingle, but now would prefer people register so they have a head count and don't waste time and money on a meeting for extremely low turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with previous response, on our cruise there were three people at the M&G.

At our second M&G (BTB) there were .about 15 people.

Now that the M&G is an organized sign up you will get an invitation in your room and MSC will know how many signed up.

Hi Laura! Hopefully we will be able to sign up/list for a M&G on The MSC Seaside as the March 31st, 2018 sailing is officially a JW AND JEROME'S ADVENTURE SAILING and the meet and greet will be HUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!

Does Cruise Critic know when the Seaside will be included? We're under ten months for the first Seaside sailing. We are part of a group of 350+/- guests who booked a Seaside cruise 28 months in advance.

Thank you!

Will this be in addition to the already cruise critic meeting already on sea days?

This will be in place of; a more formal "invite" party, for all of you!

I guess I am a bit confused, as well ... as MSC has previously provided private space for a Meet 'n Greet (including cocktail and butlered hors d'oeuvres - including caviar). MSC routinely sends numerous ship's officers (including the captain), who make it a point to ask passengers for input. On our last MSC Divina cruise in December, MSC scheduled a second Meet 'n Greet (again, with cocktails, butlered hors d'oeuvres - including caviar), to provide answers to questions which had been raised on the initial Meet 'n Greet.

Yes, that's true, and your party will be very similar. We are now helping MSC Divina with the registration process. We're collecting the info on our site, and sending it directly to them each week. Instead of publishing in the daily events calendar, you'll receive an invite directly to your stateroom!

I do want to clarify that this is a party for you to meet other Cruise Critic members and it is great to be able to meet Officers and staff if they are available as well.

Laura

Does Cruise Critic know when the Seaside will be included? We're under ten months for the first Seaside sailing. We are part of a group of 350+/- guests who booked a Seaside cruise 28 months in advance.

Hi there!

MSC will let us know when Seaside will be included. Thanks for asking!

Laura

Yes, that's true, and your party will be very similar. We are now helping MSC Divina with the registration process. We're collecting the info on our site, and sending it directly to them each week. Instead of publishing in the daily events calendar, you'll receive an invite directly to your stateroom!

I do want to clarify that this is a party for you to meet other Cruise Critic members and it is great to be able to meet Officers and staff if they are available as well.

Laura

This will be in place of; a more formal "invite" party, for all of you!

This is very confusing, as each statement seems to contradict each other. What is the more formal "invite" party, for all of you to which you are also referencing? I am not aware of any party ... whether it be formal or an invite. The existing Meet-N-Greet's includes ship's personnel - though your statement suggests this may or may not be the case. Are you trying to say that Cruise Critic is merely providing an atmosphere for guests to register in advance? If that is the case, it would seem as though the format of the existing Meet-n-Greet itself would remain unchanged.

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity to organize a gathering of fellow cruisers . I have registered for the Divina July 22nd, 2017 sailing and encourage others to do the same .

Hi Laura, Along with the information in your cabin, do you know if they will have the Meet and Mingle in the daily paper? I have a large group that may want to go as well and I want to be able to let them know when it will be??

This is very confusing, as each statement seems to contradict each other. What is the more formal "invite" party, for all of you to which you are also referencing? I am not aware of any party ... whether it be formal or an invite. The existing Meet-N-Greet's includes ship's personnel - though your statement suggests this may or may not be the case. Are you trying to say that Cruise Critic is merely providing an atmosphere for guests to register in advance? If that is the case, it would seem as though the format of the existing Meet-n-Greet itself would remain unchanged.

It's a formal process; once in which we will be sending registration information over to MSC on a weekly basis. One in which we will be "coordinating" these, instead of our members arriving on board and watching the daily planner to see when the party will be.

As a result of this partnership, we will be communicating directly with MSC on a weekly basis and letting them know who registered, so that they -- in turn -- will send a formal invitation directly to your stateroom. MSC is committed to making these parties happen on a more frequent basis going forward, and by helping them deliver the information -- as well as outlining beforehand exactly what you can expect at the party -- we're happy to help them.

Laura

Hi Laura, Along with the information in your cabin, do you know if they will have the Meet and Mingle in the daily paper? I have a large group that may want to go as well and I want to be able to let them know when it will be??

Hi there!

I think it's great that everyone wants to attend; so each of these folks should register on their own - so that they receive an invite to the party delivered to their stateroom. One of the benefits of having pre-registration is that the ship knows how many to plan for (and they are planning some great things!!!!!!) and it wouldn't be fair to bring a large group that MSC didn't know about. Please have them register, participate on the Roll Call, and then attend.

Thanks,

Laura

I made it to the first Meet and Greet that was organized by this thread. I never received the pictured from the event to my cabin. They had to move me on the second day and I assume never made an effort to update the Photoshop on the change. Can you please help me get a copy of the group picture?

Hi there!

MSC will let us know when Seaside will be included. Thanks for asking!

Laura

Has there been any more discussion about Seaside? She will be arriving in 6 months.

Hi will these meet and mingles take place on the Divina when it is in Europe?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I thought Divina is staying stateside, offering longer Carribbean cruises?

I thought Divina is staying stateside, offering longer Carribbean cruises?

Divina is returning to the Med next March for the Summer season. She'll return Stateside for the Winter and then come back again to the Med in March 2019.

I can't believe the Seaside isn't on the list as of yet. She will be sailing out of Miami in approximately 150 days!

How do I find out who is going to the meet and greet?

I would expect that the site doesn't give out any info regarding those who've registered - for obvious reasons. It's up to you when you receive the invitation to the M&M onboard whether you want to meet others, or not. I registered, giving my sail date and cabin number.

Laura, we are on the first cruise of the Seaside from Trieste to Miami

1st Dec and the CC members who will be on board are having great difficulty getting MSC to acknowledge the cruise critics Meet & Mingle on board. Members from the US have been trying very hard to get a confirmation from MSC without sucsess if this can be organised. Do you have any information about CC M&M's on board other ships other than the Devina?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do I find out who is going to the meet and greet?

Once you have registered for a Roll Call, you can click on a link to see who else is registered (CC only lists the usernames of those who have registered - no other information is provided). I believe this is the correct link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=80

then click on View Your Registered Party Information

I cannot verify it right now, as I am not booked on an upcoming Divina cruise (CC still does not have Seaside listed). In the past, I have been able to see a list of who has registered for a Meet & Mingle.

Once you have registered for a Roll Call, you can click on a link to see who else is registered (CC only lists the usernames of those who have registered - no other information is provided). I believe this is the correct link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=80

then click on View Your Registered Party Information

I cannot verify it right now, as I am not booked on an upcoming Divina cruise (CC still does not have Seaside listed). In the past, I have been able to see a list of who has registered for a Meet & Mingle.

Thanks!

i am confused to how to actually register for the oct 14 meet and greet on divina

1) Click on the first link in post #37.

2) Click DIVINA (your only option as of today).

3) I forget the next step, but I believe if give you the chance to select your cruise date.

After you have registered, you can click on the second link in post #37. This should enable you to see who else has also registered.