Cruise Critic Community
LauraS

MSC Cruises & Cruise Critic: Meet & Mingle Parties on MSC Divina & MSC Seaside!

What is the exact date ? There is no Divina sailing for 12/19/17.

Opps...I meant the 16th -23rd.

There is a meet&greet planned. I got email notification yesterday. Did you find it?

When I went to the registration link, the dates start with 12/23/17 and go all the way up to sailing dates in 2019. 12/16/17 isn't listed.

Here is the link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/entry_cl.cfm?ship=636

Edited by Missystu
Added link

When I went to the registration link, the dates start with 12/23/17 and go all the way up to sailing dates in 2019. 12/16/17 isn't listed.

It must be closed for our sailing since only one week away. I agree with another poster to check at guest services and ask to speak to the event planner to add your name. Invites may be already printed by then as we receive them the first day onboard. It will be held the first sea day, Sunday, and the invitation states time and location.

It must be closed for our sailing since only one week away. I agree with another poster to check at guest services and ask to speak to the event planner to add your name. Invites may be already printed by then as we receive them the first day onboard. It will be held the first sea day, Sunday, and the invitation states time and location.

Ok thanks for the suggestion.

Hi,this will be our first time on Divinia,and I've signedup for Roll Call and our first ever meet & greet.Looking foward to a fun time!

Edited by PatLuv

Thank you for your efforts.

Just signed us up for the M&M. Going to check out the roll call. 10/3 and 10/10/18 Seaside YC.

Again, thank you.

I had signed up for a M&G on Divinia for week of Jan. 25th,and never heard anything.

Are there any plans to do this on Magnifica sailing out of Southampton this year?

I'm guessing quite a few CC users are on these sailings, our roll call for 23rd April has more interest than I would have expected, a party would be great.

Julie

Are there any plans to do this on Magnifica sailing out of Southampton this year?

I'm guessing quite a few CC users are on these sailings, our roll call for 23rd April has more interest than I would have expected, a party would be great.

Julie

The 'Meet & Mingle' is only done for Divina and Seaside.

The 'Meet & Mingle' is only done for Divina and Seaside.

Just thought MSC may consider offering it on ships from the UK too, they are obviously trying to court UK cruisers from other lines by the way they are selling Magnifica, very similar to what they have been doing with Davina and Seaside in the US.

We've been to well attended meet and mingles on RCL and Celebrity sailing from the UK so no reason for it not to work on MSC:)

Julie

I am booked on the June 19th MSC Seaview sailing from Messina Italy. Can't seem to find a roll call or anyone else on that sailing. Don't know if there would even be enough to have a meet & greet :(

Hello All:

We're pleased to announce that we have entered into a partnership with MSC Cruises to offer you Official Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties on board MSC Divina and MSC Seaside! Attending these gatherings will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic.

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

MSC Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue is provided) as well a either a hosted one-hour cocktail party and/or coffee service, or hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from MSC Cruises!

Laura

Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of six (6) persons registered to attend.

Hello is meet and mingle only available on these 2 ships ?

Hello is meet and mingle only available on these 2 ships ?

"Yes" is the simple answer - for now, anyway.

I was going to ask the same question....I am interested in the Meraviglia, sailing on 8 October 2019 out of New York...

Why doesn't MSC extend this fleetwide, or at least to the ships in the markets frequented by large numbers of Cruise Critic's?

If they don't have "official CC Meet and Mingle" registration set up, I suppose we could still organize a CC meet and greet the old fashioned way....have someone on the Roll Call volunteer to keep up the list, and forward it to the group coordinator of the ship, and post the time and venue on the Roll Call when it becomes available...:)

I was going to ask the same question....I am interested in the Meraviglia, sailing on 8 October 2019 out of New York...Why doesn't MSC extend this fleetwide, or at least to the ships in the markets frequented by large numbers of Cruise Critic's?

If they don't have "official CC Meet and Mingle" registration set up, I suppose we could still organize a CC meet and greet the old fashioned way....have someone on the Roll Call volunteer to keep up the list, and forward it to the group coordinator of the ship, and post the time and venue on the Roll Call when it becomes available...:)

The CC M&M was not set-up for the Seaside until late 2017 - just prior to its US sailings. With the Meraviglia's US sailings not starting for another 18 months, I would think MSC will follow suit. That aside, if they do not, I would have no problem organizing it for the REPO cruise (group is on FB & CC). If MSC sets space aside for us, that would be a perk. If not, we can do it the *old fashioned way!* :)

The CC M&M was not set-up for the Seaside until late 2017 - just prior to its US sailings. With the Meraviglia's US sailings not starting for another 18 months, I would think MSC will follow suit. That aside, if they do not, I would have no problem organizing it for the REPO cruise (group is on FB & CC). If MSC sets space aside for us, that would be a perk. If not, we can do it the *old fashioned way!* :)

The aforementioned, "old fashioned way", which is still in widespread use on CC, for those cruiselines that have not set up a CC registration, and invitation system; has always included a venue designated by the cruiseline, as well as a time. The only real difference, between the two, is that in the new way, the cruise line maintains the list, and sends out (or is supposed to), invitations to your cabin the night before the meet. The old way, the volunteer on the Roll Call maintained the list and acted as liaison with the ship's group coordinator, informing them of the number, and then when receiving the time and place, posting it on the roll call.

In addition, on some roll calls, member's have arranged "informal" meets, such as wearing mardi gras beads for recognition, at some bar during sailaway....

I was going to ask the same question....I am interested in the Meraviglia, sailing on 8 October 2019 out of New York...

Why doesn't MSC extend this fleetwide, or at least to the ships in the markets frequented by large numbers of Cruise Critic's?

Bob. My name is Bob Brown too, but I post under the name bfamily9. MSC is offering 20% off on shore excursions on my May 27, 2018 Fantasia cruise from Genoa to the Western Mediterranean. Do you or anyone else know when the discounts typically end?

Bob. My name is Bob Brown too, but I post under the name bfamily9. MSC is offering 20% off on shore excursions on my May 27, 2018 Fantasia cruise from Genoa to the Western Mediterranean. Do you or anyone else know when the discounts typically end?

It is? Then you have my sympathy...:p

"I am, who I am...":D

I am an MSC newbie, so sorry I can't answer your question on the discounts....

It is? Then you have my sympathy...:p

"I am, who I am...":D

I am an MSC newbie, so sorry I can't answer your question on the discounts....

"... and that's all that I am". me too. I called MSC, and they told me the 20% discount on excursions ends 4 days before sailing. Apparently not too many English speakers sail on MSC Mediterranean cruises. I started a Roll Call thread for the May 27, Fantasia sailing, and so far not one reply. C'est la vie.

Just sailed on the MSC Seaside March 24-31 2018, was very pleased with the extra attention we received from the staff and crew of this ship at our Meet n Greet. Very attentive and answered all our questions. Loved all the goodies they provided to us, including the awesome group photo with the Captain and Crew that included a signed personal note on the back from the Captain. Overall MSC really impressed. We will definitely be sailing again in the future with them. :)

I am not sure if signing up for the roll call automatically signs us up for the Meet and Mingle get together but we are sailing on the June 2nd Seaside cruise . We are a family of six ages 60, 61, 39, 36,9 & 6 staying in 2 cabins in deck 13. We are anxious to meet some fellow cruisers and the Capt and crew.