Jetty Park / Port Canaveral

John Reid

What about walking from Terminal 1 to Grills? I have tried to look at Google maps to see if there are sidewalks from the terminal to the restaurants, but all the images are before the new terminal was built.

We are looking to walk to Grills but would prefer to walk along the water, since it would be shorter. I don't want to have to walk out the road, take a right out on the main road and then a right down to the restaurants. I understand that it isn't that far, but my DH is recovering from surgery, so trying to limit his walking.

If there isn't any walkway, we will just take a cab or have the people we are meeting come get us. The people we are meeting are older and directionaly challenged, so having them wait at Grills is a better choice. They want to watch Anthem sail in past Grills and no matter how many times I tell them it won't go past since it is going into the terminal they just sailed Oasis from, they don't get it.:eek:

What about walking from Terminal 1 to Grills? I have tried to look at Google maps to see if there are sidewalks from the terminal to the restaurants, but all the images are before the new terminal was built.

We are looking to walk to Grills but would prefer to walk along the water, since it would be shorter. I don't want to have to walk out the road, take a right out on the main road and then a right down to the restaurants. I understand that it isn't that far, but my DH is recovering from surgery, so trying to limit his walking.

If there isn't any walkway, we will just take a cab or have the people we are meeting come get us. The people we are meeting are older and directionaly challenged, so having them wait at Grills is a better choice. They want to watch Anthem sail in past Grills and no matter how many times I tell them it won't go past since it is going into the terminal they just sailed Oasis from, they don't get it.:eek:

Walk out the doors of the terminal, turn right, and walk about two minutes and you're at their front door. The Aqua Theater on Oasis backs right up next to the deck at Grills. The definition of right next door.

Walk out the doors of the terminal, turn right, and walk about two minutes and you're at their front door. The Aqua Theater on Oasis backs right up next to the deck at Grills. The definition of right next door.

Great, so there is a walkway there and you don't need to go out to the main street? We are coming in on Anthem on a port day. I have sailed out of Terminal 10 many times and have dropped people off at Terminal 1 for a sailing, but I have never actually used that terminal.

There is a sidewalk, no vehicle or difficult walking involved. It would take you longer to walk the length of Oasis than to walk from the terminal entrance to Grills. As I mentioned, out the door of the terminal and turn right, can't miss it.

Thanks, that is what I hoped. There are three ships in port when we are there next Tuesday and we are the last to arrive. It will make it much easier to just let them sit and have a drink and watch us come into port. Thanks again.