Silver Spirits Drinks Package.

English Voyager

I don’t know why I can’t get the attachment to print, but the response was from Viking directly. I will bring a copy onboard.

On other threads here lately, a couple of cruisers presented the post at guest relations, still got a NO.. That post from last July was in error. No one is getting liquor in their mini bar if they are in a V or DV cabin, regardless if they have a Silver spririt beverage package or not.

It is not a issue for me , a little confusion previously, but it has been sorted out now.

Cheers, enjoy your cruise .

We will be purchasing the drink package for the same reasons.

I love a good lemon drop, cosmo, or classic gin martini before going to dinner. :)

We found an amazing bartender and followed him all over the ship. He was very knowledgeable and was an expert about nuiances with some drinks like Manhattans. Had a great time trying new drinks and chatting over the geographical / cultural nuiances. Don't drink much but fun as long as I wasn't driving the ship.

We found an amazing bartender and followed him all over the ship. He was very knowledgeable and was an expert about nuiances with some drinks like Manhattans. Had a great time trying new drinks and chatting over the geographical / cultural nuiances. Don't drink much but fun as long as I wasn't driving the ship.

Which ship and what was his name? That is if you were sober enough to remember! You got to drive the ship?!

Which ship and what was his name? That is if you were sober enough to remember! You got to drive the ship?![/quote

It was the Viking Sea and his name was Tommy. But that is all I remember. Seriously, the service was amazing and there was never an issue with sending a drink back if you didn’t like it. What was really nice was an Irish coffee to end the evening.

Which ship and what was his name? That is if you were sober enough to remember! You got to drive the ship?![/quote

It was the Viking Sea and his name was Tommy. But that is all I remember. Seriously, the service was amazing and there was never an issue with sending a drink back if you didn’t like it. What was really nice was an Irish coffee to end the evening.

I will be on the Viking Sea on March 25 and will look for a bartender named Tommy! Hope he is still on the Sea.

Love either a Irish coffee or a Scottish coffee with Drambuie as a night cap. I am 50% Danish and coffee is my life blood.

I can drink it late at night and still sleep fine.

I love trying different cocktails. The one I have been drinking this winter is a Sidecar. I have had a lot of variation on this , depending on the bar and bartender.

Reached out to Viking.. that post from Viking in July was in error.

These is no alcohol in minibar for DV cat.

Very quick response.

Well, it certainly sounds like they are finally successful in herding their cats [emoji12]

We’re fine with not having the mini bar alcohol. At this point I’m excited for the cruise and I’ve got to start my packing prep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent! We will be on the Sea!

Azulan, I’m looking forward to a Singapore Sling. Had on years ago and loved it, but I could never find any bar making them. I know bartenders always say, “ tell me what’s in it and I can make it” but I never remember.

I recently had a great drink called a Ting-a-ling. It’s Ting - Jamaican grapefruit soda - gin and a dash of bitters. May have to see if we can get Ting in San Juan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I posted elsewhere about the multiple emails,calls from guest relations re the silver spirits package and minibar. Finally received agreement from all parties that alcohol is not provided in the minibar. But no Worries, just bring your own bottle aboard, love their alcohol policy for your room!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted elsewhere about the multiple emails,calls from guest relations re the silver spirits package and minibar. Finally received agreement from all parties that alcohol is not provided in the minibar. But no Worries, just bring your own bottle aboard, love their alcohol policy for your room!

Not to worry, I’ll grab a glass of wine on my way to my cabin. Looking forward to our new experience on Viking.

And we had success in cancelling our silver services package! We still are awaiting the rebate but are happy. It really is an excellent package for folk who drink mixed drinks but having three red wine choices for a 21 day trip just wasn't a lovely thought for a wine drinker.

And we had success in cancelling our silver services package! We still are awaiting the rebate but are happy. It really is an excellent package for folk who drink mixed drinks but having three red wine choices for a 21 day trip just wasn't a lovely thought for a wine drinker.

I don’t really understand the reports of just 3 red or white wines available with the Silver Spirits package. We just returned from an 11-day Caribbean itinerary earlier this month on the Viking Sea. The included wine selections in The Restaurant was much larger than 3 of each. We were told that the Silver-Spirits-included wines were limited to the ones on the list that had a by-the-glass price. There were at least a dozen reds and a dozen whites on the list as well as a few blush (rosé) and three sparkling wines. Each of us at our table of 8 often had a different wine than everyone else. I believe the wine menu changed at least once during our cruise.

My wife and I have sailed Silversea (3 times), Crystal (twice), Regent, Paul Gauguin and most recently Windstar. We are considering a Viking ocean cruise in Jan 2019. We love the ease of all inclusive. My question is...

If we have a deluxe veranda on the Orion and purchase Spirit Beverage Package, what are the options for in suite alcohol? Would the fridge or mini bar in a DV include small bottles of sparkling wine? I don't want beer; I want champagne/sparkling wine and sometimes a rum or whiskey & diet. Would I have to call room service to get, which seems silly to me, or is it stocked in the room to any extent?

No alcohol at all in the minibar in the deluxe veranda category.

Yes you would have to call room service! It does seem a bit silly doesn’t it. We usually are in a PV cabin and alcohol is included in the minibar. However as we had the package as a promotional extra we hardly drank any alcohol in our cabin. There are so many lovely places to go for a drink. I wouldn’t worry about it! We had some friends in a DV cabin with the silver spirits package and they either took a drink back or called room service.

I am interested in this as well. I wonder if ships are handling this differently. It would be great if the wines listed on the wine list by the glass were included.

The wines listed on the wine list by the glass are all included in the silver package!

Think carefully about it ... Drink prices are very reasonable on Viking so you would have to drink a lot to spend the per diem cost of the Silver Spirit package. Moreover, if in the PV class or above, you receive 4 mini bottles of spirits (your choice - tell room steward your preference) plus beer and wine in you room fridge daily and refilled daily. You can take your drinks wherever you want. Further, you can bring any bottle, anytime on board.

Think carefully about it ... Drink prices are very reasonable on Viking so you would have to drink a lot to spend the per diem cost of the Silver Spirit package. Moreover, if in the PV class or above, you receive 4 mini bottles of spirits (your choice - tell room steward your preference) plus beer and wine in you room fridge daily and refilled daily. You can take your drinks wherever you want. Further, you can bring any bottle, anytime on board.

Hi, Ned. I agree that the drink prices are very reasonable on Viking, but so is the cost of the Silver Spirits package. The cost (including gratuity) for our recent 11-day cruise was just $200. That’s only about $18/day – or about three drinks. So I don’t think you have to drink a lot to justify the cost of the Silver Spirits package.

Tim

After much research (undertaken while my wife thinks I am working, but please keep that to yourselves!) I have finally tracked down a full Viking Ocean wine list that has been posted on the web.

See http://mightydin.com/viking-ocean/

A huge thank you to Mightydin for including that information in the blog.

You will see that there are a reasonable range of wines available by the glass ($6 each as at Summer 2017) and these are all included in the Silver Spirits Drinks Package. In fact Viking have very helpfully marked with an asterisk on the list what is not included in the package i.e whole bottles.

Skål:cool:

Hi, Ned. I agree that the drink prices are very reasonable on Viking, but so is the cost of the Silver Spirits package. The cost (including gratuity) for our recent 11-day cruise was just $200. That’s only about $18/day – or about three drinks. So I don’t think you have to drink a lot to justify the cost of the Silver Spirits package.

Tim

That cost should be double that since you both have to buy the package in most cases