Restaurants\local flavor

Cruiz'nBaers

We will be in Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan this May and are looking for examples of favorite foods. For example, when we were in Bar Harbor this fall, we ate lobster at great place, thanks to Cruise Critic. So....what to eat where. As always, your help and suggestions are appreciated. Did I mention that we love local flavor?

We will be in Juneau' date=' Sitka and Ketchikan this May and are looking for examples of favorite foods. For example, when we were in Bar Harbor this fall, we ate lobster at great place, thanks to Cruise Critic. So....what to eat where. As always, your help and suggestions are appreciated. Did I mention that we love local flavor?[/quote']

Ketchikan - we always eat at Pioneer Cafe. Great food! Near Creek Street.

Sitka - we had a great lunch at this pizza/Mexican restaurant called Agave. We saw several crew members there as well.

Sitka - we had a great lunch at this pizza/Mexican restaurant called Agave. We saw several crew members there as well.

I'm not sure I'd consider pizza/Mexican to be "local flavor" in Sitka. We really enjoyed Ashmo's food truck. Great seafood!

In Juneau, I Ioved the fish and chips at The Hangar, and in Ketchikan the family loved Annabelle's. My son raved about the salmon chowder.

I'm not sure I'd consider pizza/Mexican to be "local flavor" in Sitka.

Well it was a locally owned place that had good food. My DW and I enjoyed it, and it was popular. It wasn't a chain restaurant and I felt good supporting a local business. Plus, I could have seafood on the ship each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ketchikan - we always eat at Pioneer Cafe. Great food! Near Creek Street.

That's funny because I have a Mexican / Pizza place picked out in Ketchikan. :D I'm adding Pioneer Cafe to the list of possibilities.

In Sitka, a great place for the best mojito ever is at the bar/restaurant in the Westmark hotel. Local legend Ramone works there and supposedly the "Ramone" in the movie, The Proposal, was based on his over the top personality. If you have seen the movie, you know the character. It is claimed that before the movie was made, the film crew/producers etc. stayed in Sitka for quite awhile to get a feel of the local people. They stayed at this hotel. Although because of logistics etc. the movie was not filmed there, though it is supposed to be in Sitka. The food was very good in this restaurant also. Believe Ramone starts after 2PM. We will visit him again when we are in Sitka after our cruise on Alaskan Dream cruises in June.

• 11 months later...

Juneau...Tracey's Crab Shack or the Burger Queen (if you don't want seafood)

Ketchikan...Alaska Fish House (by the lumber jack show)

Skagway...Skagway Brewery

Also we always pick up some fudge in:

Juneau...Alaskan Fudge Company

Ketchikan...KetchikanCandies

In Skagway be sure to pick up some popcorn at one of the emporiums in town. They have the most amazing flavors and you can take it back on the ship with you to nibble on for snacks.

I love Alaska, have a great trip! I'm very jealous as I've been doing the med for the last 2 summers. Maybe next year...