Discounted Carnival Gift Cards

MTruvillio

Hi, I was just informed that Verizon offers 10% off Carnival Gift Cards but unfortunately they are currently sold out.:loudcry:

So What is the best carnival gift card discount you have gotten and where were you able to find it?

Thanks in advance!

I always get mine through Verizon. Keep checking, because they will likely be available again SOON. There are several threads on these boards that you can watch for an update. Thanks to the people who post when they find them available again, I have scored numerous gift cards over the past couple of years. They are at a 10 % discount.

I also understand that AARP issues them at a discount, but I haven't tried them, yet.

How does this work if you are not a Verizon user? We have AT&T. Just wondering.

If you aren't a Verizon customer, these are ways that others have gotten discounted gift cards:

1) If you live in an area with Kroger - buy gift cards to earn fuel rewards (You still pay full price, but you get cheaper gas at least)

2) If you have a credit card from Citibank, you can use their easydeals site, which almost always has gift cards available where you use points to buy gift cards for 10% off

3) Sign up on the AARP website. No need to be age 50, nor become a member. Answer quizzes to earn points...use points toward purchasing gift cards. Like Verizon though, the cards are not always available.

4) I've also heard that Southwest Airlines might have them at times too...if you have miles with them

As someone else said, you can get fuel points at Kroger.

Sign up for AARP Rewards (I am in my 30s, don't have to be an AARP Member), just sign up for the site, get the cards and then cancel. You don't have to take quizzes, sign up for newsletters, or do any funny stuff. Just sign up for an account on the site, get them and be done.

Also last year eBay had 20% off of them. Keep an eye there.

American Express is currently running a promotion as well. Spend $500 on Carnival (and various lines) and get $100 statement credit. My DH and I each have a card with different users, we were able to use this offer X2!

Between AmEx and AARP we were able to save $250 off our balance this week. :cool:

If you aren't a Verizon customer, these are ways that others have gotten discounted gift cards:

1) If you live in an area with Kroger - buy gift cards to earn fuel rewards (You still pay full price, but you get cheaper gas at least)

2) If you have a credit card from Citibank, you can use their easydeals site, which almost always has gift cards available where you use points to buy gift cards for 10% off

3) Sign up on the AARP website. No need to be age 50, nor become a member. Answer quizzes to earn points...use points toward purchasing gift cards. Like Verizon though, the cards are not always available.

4) I've also heard that Southwest Airlines might have them at times too...if you have miles with them

Kroger is an hour round trip drive and not really worth it here IMO. I have a CitiBank card, but don't really care much for it's benefits, same w/ our SW rewards card through Chase. I do like my Amazon Chase card.

Seems like if you aren't a Verizon subscriber ... the Carnival GC through Carnival w/ dlb pts on CWMC is the best option. I do find occasional discounts on other cards, but then I don't get the dbl pts.

Just wondering if there was a way to do it otherwise.

Hi, I was just informed that Verizon offers 10% off Carnival Gift Cards but unfortunately they are currently sold out.:loudcry:

So What is the best carnival gift card discount you have gotten and where were you able to find it?

Thanks in advance!

I bought 2 $500 cards for $700 on ebay. Had a bonus at the time of 10% back in ebay bucks and used discount ebay gift cards to buy them. All in all $567 for $1000.

Kroger is an hour round trip drive and not really worth it here IMO. I have a CitiBank card, but don't really care much for it's benefits, same w/ our SW rewards card through Chase. I do like my Amazon Chase card.

Seems like if you aren't a Verizon subscriber ... the Carnival GC through Carnival w/ dlb pts on CWMC is the best option. I do find occasional discounts on other cards, but then I don't get the dbl pts.

Just wondering if there was a way to do it otherwise.

While you might not like the benefits of the citicard...if you've ever used it...you might have easypoints to use. Still better value than double carnival points which would have max value of 2% I believe vs. the 10% discount at Citi

I bought 2 $500 cards for $700 on ebay. Had a bonus at the time of 10% back in ebay bucks and used discount ebay gift cards to buy them. All in all $567 for $1000.

They quit having the good deals on eBay now. They changed it last year to where you don't earn eBay bucks on GCs anymore and the coupons that they have no longer include them [emoji20].

I have a Citibank card. Just logged into my acct to look at card benefits and didn't see anything about Citi Easy Deals or gift cards. I did however notice that my card has trip insurance included. Might be able to drop my Carnival insurance that I purchased if its comparable and if Carnival's is refundable.

I have a Citibank card. Just logged into my acct to look at card benefits and didn't see anything about Citi Easy Deals or gift cards. I did however notice that my card has trip insurance included. Might be able to drop my Carnival insurance that I purchased if its comparable and if Carnival's is refundable.

You might have a card that doesn't have the EasyDeals perk.

Just remember that CC insurance doesn't cover medical so if your health insurance isn't good out of the country, then it might not a a good idea. Also I'm not sure if CC insurance has "Cancel for any reason" coverage if that is important to you. Also 100% of your trip must be paid for using that card. So no discounted gift cards allowed.

Great idea! I have a Citibank card too, can you let me know what you find out and if it is comparable to Carnivals?

While you might not like the benefits of the citicard...if you've ever used it...you might have easypoints to use. Still better value than double carnival points which would have max value of 2% I believe vs. the 10% discount at Citi

My card is a Citi Dbl Cash Card. Again, used it, but don't really see much in the reward dept.

I have pretty much changed out all of our cards for reward cards. I shop a LOT of Amazon and a few years back got the Amazon Visa through Chase. Come Christmas, I can usually get several $100 in free stuff using the reward pts I've saved up throughout the year.

Plenti (not a credit card) but I have AT&T so rake up points every time I pay my bill ... makes for some nice freebies @ Macy's.

You mention that the CWMC rewards are not that great ... Maybe you just don't use it like we do? I've redeemed $800 in credits, gotten paid gratuities on 3 cruises (8, 10 and 7 day), 2 $200 spa credits, wine and various other room goodies just by redeeming points. I've redeemed all of this w/in the last year. I've never carried a balance. Pay no membership fee. And never paid interest. What's not to love about that?

I use ShoppingBoss.com to buy gift cards and get 6% back in their rewards program; you can use the rewards to buy more gift cards. A local baseball team was selling invitation codes for $20 to access the site. But I already have $100 back from it so it has paid for itself. I'm not sure if you can join the site if you don't have an "invite" code though.

Thank you for the great tips!;)

Wow that's great. Do you recall the link?

Wow that's great. Do you recall the link?

There would be various coupon codes that people would post on here. I got quite a few at 20% off, but now the codes they have don't include gift cards, you can't use eBay bucks to purchase gift cards, and you don't earn eBay bucks when you buy them anymore. They changed it this year. The seller that you could get them through was PayPal Digital Gifts and you had to pay with PayPal.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I just logged in at 5:50 CST and they are gone again!

Guess you have to get there immediately. I didn't see you post for a whole hour and a half....

Keep in mind, there are 4398573495739547239487 threads on here about these gift cards. The first thread with a "heads up" was around 1pm CST.

• 4 weeks later...