Cruise Critic Community
Rwjx2

NCL Spirit: Four to a cabin

Could someone tell me from experience how inside cabins on the Spirit are configured to accommodate four? I've looked for pictures but I'm not great at searching so my results are all over the place. Or perhaps there is no standard configuration.

This will be our first NCL cruise with our children. I want to help them know what to expect. On the NCL website I only found pictures of cabins set for two. If you've got pictures, even better!

You'll find, likely, there are 2 Pullman beds that either are normally stored in the ceiling or fold up against the walls. Your steward will configure the cabin the morning of departure and pull them down from the ceiling or fold them down from the walls.

If you are in a regular inside then you will have 2 bunk beds that fold down from the wall. I don't believe you will be able to have a king bed for the adults because the room is so small. If you have one of the special family insides then you will have one bunk that folds down from the wall and a trundle bed. The rooms are larger so you will be able to have a king for the adults.

Could someone tell me from experience how inside cabins on the Spirit are configured to accommodate four? I've looked for pictures but I'm not great at searching so my results are all over the place. Or perhaps there is no standard configuration.

This will be our first NCL cruise with our children. I want to help them know what to expect. On the NCL website I only found pictures of cabins set for two. If you've got pictures, even better!

What room? I just looked at a few hundred pics of Spirit insides and didn't see any with 2 beds on the walls. Not saying they don't have them, just saying from knowledge of NCL insides for 4 there are a lot more rooms with the one bed on the wall, two on the floor, and one that pops-up from underneath one of the beds to make the 4th. It varies by ship though, as like on Dawn and Star, they have 2 beds on the wall in the new inside rooms that were added. I know POA has some like that as well. The new ships also are set-up that way.

Be careful with this, I've seen/heard some ships have ONE bed and the 4th bed is like a cot situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. Maybe the pictures weren't wrong. I saw a) two bunks, b) one bunk and what looked like a trundle between the two bottom twins, and c) one that looked like maybe a chair folded out into a bed at the bottom of two twins plus a bunk.

We have three cabins four person cabins for eight people (4 "kids") so we can rearrange if needed.

For four, I would definately go for one of the Large Family Inside rooms. From memory, there was a double, a pullman (or two???), and a chair that pulled out into a single bed. I cant remember the room number, its posted somewhere here on the CC forum. There was enough space in that room to have a party.....much much bigger for example than a standard balcony room on the Epic.

I am

guessing they have a pullman that comes out of the wall; pretty much like bunk beds. I will say and I don't like being negative, you are going to be unbelievably crowded. The Spirit very nice, but very small cabins.

Thanks for your concern. It's a port intensive cruise so as long as we have room to sleep we'll manage.

Just because a cabin hold 4 doesn't meant there is more space! Look at the deck plans and the sq. footage of the cabin. Cabins are NOTHING like hotel rooms! There may be 4 beds, but NO floor space!

I appreciate the concern. This isn't our first cruise. We understand the limitations of cabin size. We weren't sure if there was a standard configuration.

On 3/3/2017 at 9:05 PM, Rwjx2 said:

I appreciate the concern. This isn't our first cruise. We understand the limitations of cabin size. We weren't sure if there was a standard configuration.

We are sailing on the Spirit this summer and will also have 4 in an inside stateroom.  What did you discover about the configuration.  We want two Pullman beds so each of our teens has their own sleep space. The trundle bed looks awful. 

If you have any other tips of what we should bring/do to best utilize the space I would appreciate it. 

Thanks for any tips.  

We were on the Spirit years ago and had a super large inside with beds for 5. A queen, 2 Pullmans and a chair that opened up. For younger kids it had room for a pack and play as well. I believe these were the size of accessible cabins but the bathroom had a step up so they were not considered accessible. From looking at the deck plans cabins 5035, 6036, 6535. 9051 and 0551 are these insides. 

As I said it was years ago but still looks to be the same as when we were on the Sprit. Hope this helps.

This may or may not be helpful, but here are some pics of the ocean view on Spirit that our 3 kids slept in. There was one bed that folded down from the wall. Insides may be different. Not sure if your 4th will be another pull-down or a cot. The Spirit was not originally an NCL ship, so it is different from all their other ships and I would not use other NCL ships as a guide. 

We LOVED their Spirit, by the way. The back amphitheater style pool deck was my favorite place to hang out. Hope you have a great cruise!

CC91B88B-9164-4DE1-AD1F-30351690EF32.jpeg

38AEE27E-1F7C-4FD3-A759-8BAFECDD9C20.jpeg

2 hours ago, livelyreader said:

We are sailing on the Spirit this summer and will also have 4 in an inside stateroom.  What did you discover about the configuration.  We want two Pullman beds so each of our teens has their own sleep space. The trundle bed looks awful. 

If you have any other tips of what we should bring/do to best utilize the space I would appreciate it. 

Thanks for any tips.  

The cabin my kids had was similar to the one pictured above except they were 4 to the space so there was also a trundle.  It was a tight fit but they managed.  We limited everyone to one carry on size bag plus one personal item. We spen the majority of our time off the ship so the cabins are not what we remember from the trip.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

There are some very large interior cabins aft on deck 9.  We saw them as we passed by.  These cabins are huge,  9703 wasone.  

On 4/10/2019 at 6:14 AM, newmexicoNita said:

anyone notice this thread is 2 years old?

Excellent observation.

Paul