jerseyv

Adonia Roll Call - April 23

l hope that this is the right place to start a Roll Call!

We are booked on the Adonia leaving on April 23 for Santiago de Cuba and Amber Cove.

From reading the comments in the Fathom section it appears that there are people on the April 16 cruise that have not found the Adonia Roll Call so navigating CC is not easy. Anyone else on the 23rd cruise? Is this the correct place to start a Roll Call?

Peter

We too will be on this cruise. Glad to see that a roll call has been started. It was not easy to find.

Yeah, There are 11 people on the Roll Call on the ShipMates app, but I hadn't found any other one on CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, We'll be on the Adonia for this trip. We did the 7 night Cuba cruise in September. We weren't really happy that they added the Santiago stop on as we'd already been there and were looking forward to spending 3 full days in the DR. We are traveling with friends. We were lucky enough to grab a suite at the pre-Cuba stop rate. We enjoyed the Adonia before and are looking forward to another trip.

Any must-do things you recommend in Santiago de Cuba? :) We booked a private tour and don't have any specific locations to visit yet.

Hi, We'll be on the Adonia for this trip. We did the 7 night Cuba cruise in September. We weren't really happy that they added the Santiago stop on as we'd already been there and were looking forward to spending 3 full days in the DR. We are traveling with friends. We were lucky enough to grab a suite at the pre-Cuba stop rate. We enjoyed the Adonia before and are looking forward to another trip.

Hi everyone! I was trying to decide between two a private tour guide or a small group tour with up to 6 people while in Santiago de Cuba. I decided to do a private tour, so I told the small group tour guide that I would share his contact information with everyone! It's a lot cheaper than going thru the ship $50 vs $120!) Here's his info:

"Hello, my name is Yuri Arcaya Borrego (you can read my reviews at cruisecritic.com and tripadvisor.com, my website is cubaguider.com and email is yuri.arcayaborrego@nauta.cu), if i dont receive any requests for private tours this week, I'll be at the santiago port past the check point which leads to the street (near the old vintage cars parking lot) with a bright yellow tshirt with cubaguider.com on it, if you see me, feel free to approach me! I cover several spots on my tour(check my website), very realistic and fun, i will guarantee that! I offer the following, lunch break at a Paladar 15cuc/meal which includes a starter, main course, beverage and dessert; i place the order in advance, so when we show up, food is ready to be served thus we dont waste time. The cost of my tour is 45cuc each, for a car load of 6 passengers, if you are interested, please contact me! I will make sure you dont regret it!"

We have gone ahead and asked Yuri to reserve two places for my wife and me. (Peter and Mavis) We have cabin D12.

Hi everyone, My sister and I just booked this cruise 2 days ago on a last minute rate. We have been wanting to go to Cuba for awhile and when this popped up for $299 we grabbed it and they even gave us each a 50 dollar cabin credit. We have not done any research on the tours offered, planning to just wing it given the lateness of the booking. We would welcome sharing with anyone who needs another couple to bring down the price. We are in cabin B69. We are both fluent in Spanish having been raised in South America and spent all our growing up years until college in Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador and Brazil. My name is Mary and my sister is Jan.

Any must-do things you recommend in Santiago de Cuba? :) We booked a private tour and don't have any specific locations to visit yet. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I missed this - El Morro is the best.... Some of our group at lunch at the little restaurant outside of the walls and loved it - fabulous views and food.

I would go to the graves of Fidel and Jose Marti....

The revolution square is boring and a tourist trap - we were accosted by beggars....

Virgil

Hi everyone, My sister and I just booked this cruise 2 days ago on a last minute rate. We have been wanting to go to Cuba for awhile and when this popped up for $299 we grabbed it and they even gave us each a 50 dollar cabin credit. We have not done any research on the tours offered, planning to just wing it given the lateness of the booking. We would welcome sharing with anyone who needs another couple to bring down the price. We are in cabin B69. We are both fluent in Spanish having been raised in South America and spent all our growing up years until college in Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador and Brazil. My name is Mary and my sister is Jan.

Welcome - the best tour is the El Morro tour - we did that the first time - interesting seeing the fort and the quick tour of the area. Hope to see you on the ship!

Virgil