Current Wine List

guy44134

Does Viking Ocean Cruises post a current wine list (either for bars or the dining room), should one want to try something other than the wines on offer? Is there a list that shows both bottles and wines by the glass. Or does anyone have pictures of a current list? I'm particularly interested in sparking wines/champagnes. I've tried multiple searches, but have had no luck. Thanks.

We just sailed on the Sky. We had considered the up-charge wine list, but never saw one. We drink plenty of white wine and were very happy with the wine of the day - most a chardonnay or similar. I am sure they had some other options for purchase, but we never saw them. They did change the white and red wines each day that were served at meals.

Viking has posted a representative bar menu, updated to include wine, on "myvikingjourney.com". Once you log on, click on the menu in the upper right corner and select "Enhance Your Trip" from the drop down menu. The Premium Beverage Package will be the first option you see--click on the "More Info" box. If you scroll down a bit, you will see a box called "See Sample Bar Menu". Click on it. The first page is mostly blank, but if you scroll down you will reach the wine list. I understand this list will vary from cruise to cruise and from week to week on our trip, but I assume it is representative of the quality and price of the upgraded wines by the glass. For what it's worth, we finally opted to purchase the Silver Spirits package because I was so tired of worrying about whether or not we would like the house wines and how much we would rack up ordering the premium wines by the glass.

I found on My Viking Journey a list of sparkling wines by the glass and by the bottle.

I am sailing the Viking Sea in March 2018. I plan on getting the Silver Beverage Package.

CHAMPAGNE

& SPARKLING WINE €

Viking Sparkling Wine

per glass (0.1 lt/3.5 oz) 3.50 per bottle (0.75 lt/25.36 oz) 20.00

Drappier Carte d’Or, Brut 45.00 Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label, Brut 65.00

We are sailing on th Star March 2018, and have purchased the Silver package. Want to be able to order a lemon drop martini before dinner, and do enjoy a good Zin wth dinner. Cost was only $20.00 per day, we don't want to be bothered bringing wine onboard. We usually have a beverage package on Celebrity and enjoy it. This is our first Viking cruise.

• 1 month later...

I am also curious about Viking's wine by the bottle list and if bottles of wine are included in the silver spirits package. I looked at the example bar menu and it looks good cocktail-wise, but I've also heard bad things about the wine poured at the meals. I do understand we can buy wine and bring on board/to dinner, but I don't know if I want to hassle with that every night.

Also, are brandies and after dinner drinks included in silver spirits? I saw somewhere that there are some limits? What about single malt scotch? Can you get any liquor you want in cocktails, e.g. a Hendrick's martini?

If anyone has a photo of a 2017 or even 2015 wine by the bottle list it would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Brandon,

here is the sample bar menu.

Scroll all the way down to spirits:

gin, Single Malts, etc.

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboardbeveragemenu_europe.pdf

Hendricks is on the list of gin.

I think the bartenders can make almost anyhing you would like.

Yes available but not necessarily covered on the drinks package. The package only covers drinks up to the price stated in the package description.

Brandon,

here is the sample bar menu.

Scroll all the way down to spirits:

gin, Single Malts, etc.

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboardbeveragemenu_europe.pdf

Hendricks is on the list of gin.

I think the bartenders can make almost anyhing you would like.

I thought that the on board currency was $ US, yet the above list is priced in Euros.

What is the official on board currency?

I thought that the on board currency was $ US, yet the above list is priced in Euros.

I noticed the prices in Euros too.

I will be getting the beverage package and with a $15.00 USD price point on drinks, I will be just fine. :-)

Looks like they posted a bar menu from the river cruise division where the on board currency is euros. On the ocean ships, the on board currency is dollars.

Yes, I was charged & paid in Euros on River cruises.

I'd need to have 2 cocktails per day to justify a Spirits package, never mind that my wife MIGHT order one or two off the standard glasses of wine per cruise. Silversea all inclusive made big money on us.

I do plan to enjoy a martini and a fine single malt or 2 on our upcoming excellent Viking Homies cruise.

Appreciate the posting of the menu.

Looks like they posted a bar menu from the river cruise division where the on board currency is euros. On the ocean ships, the on board currency is dollars.

Thanks, I saw that and was wondering how I would benefit, lol

No Hendricks gin on this cruise ( Baltic and Beyond) :( I have asked!

No bottles wine with silver package.

Wine choices have not changed yet we are day 7 although the included wines have rotated a bit. Drinks are great...bar tenders generous with their pours and so friendly. I thought the package was not needed but my husband insisted. I have enjoyed the novelty of trying different cocktails!

Our chef table wine pairings were outstanding!

We did ask for white wine in our cabin fridge and received a bottle of white wine. I don't know if we got a bottle because we had the Silver Spirits package or because they only have bottles. Didn't get a chance to try the wine as the cruise was cancelled after the first night, but will try again on Homelands in September.