Junior suite vs grand suite on rhapsody

I'm also in the not worth it group. Too much $$ and the JS will get you the double points anyway as well as being Diamond! Congrats!:D

Thank you! I'm excited. My wife and myself are both under 30 and none of the points have come from when we were kids traveling so it's been all us which I like the thought of! :)

Is Rhapsody generally an older crowd since it's an older ship out of Tampa?

I did not see any significant different between the demograpic on Rhapsody and other 7-day cruises out of Florida.

Debating whether to do this rhapsody sailing that goes to the Cayman islands (been there but loved), Belize and Costa Maya which we've never been to, and cozumel which we've been to many times.. Or Oasis which has a somewhat crappy itinerary of Labadee, Falmouth and cozumel all which we've been to. We can get a JS on Rhapsody for about $1400 per person, or on oasis we can do a JS for roughly $1700 per person. My concern is the ship size of Rhapsody because when we were on Jewel we liked it but felt it was lacking in activities but the oasis itinerary is lacking big time. Keep in mind in 2019 we have Symphony booked already.

Debating whether to do this rhapsody sailing that goes to the Cayman islands (been there but loved), Belize and Costa Maya which we've never been to, and cozumel which we've been to many times.. Or Oasis which has a somewhat crappy itinerary of Labadee, Falmouth and cozumel all which we've been to. We can get a JS on Rhapsody for about $1400 per person, or on oasis we can do a JS for roughly $1700 per person. My concern is the ship size of Rhapsody because when we were on Jewel we liked it but felt it was lacking in activities but the oasis itinerary is lacking big time. Keep in mind in 2019 we have Symphony booked already.

I think you answered your own question. You already have an Oasis class ship booked, you already don't like Oasis crappy itinerary (I dislike it also, same feelings about Labadee ;p), plus you have never been on Rhapsody. Rhapsody four ports of call, Oasis has three.

You can't judge a ship if you have never been on it, and for 600 bucks cheaper? Yeah, that would be a no brainer for me. ;) We love porting at Costa Maya (but it's because we take a cheap taxi into Mahahual to enjoy the beach and touristy strip there :hearteyes:).

We don't think we will enjoy Majesty, as too small, though we loved departed sister Monarch for the crew. So, I can't complain until I have actually been on the ship and will be on board this May. We like to mix it up, many times we have surprised ourselves. :) Expand my signature, and you will see what I am talking about. ;)

I think you answered your own question. You already have an Oasis class ship booked, you already don't like Oasis crappy itinerary (I dislike it also, same feelings about Labadee ;p), plus you have never been on Rhapsody. Rhapsody four ports of call, Oasis has three.

You can't judge a ship if you have never been on it, and for 600 bucks cheaper? Yeah, that would be a no brainer for me. ;) We love porting at Costa Maya (but it's because we take a cheap taxi into Mahahual to enjoy the beach and touristy strip there :hearteyes:).

We don't think we will enjoy Majesty, as too small, though we loved departed sister Monarch for the crew. So, I can't complain until I have actually been on the ship and will be on board this May. We like to mix it up, many times we have surprised ourselves. :) Expand my signature, and you will see what I am talking about. ;)

So true!

Ended up going with the grand suite.. If we did the grand suite instead of the junior suite with our travel agent they could do free gratuity and more on board credit so the out of pocket ends up only being like $300 more for the grand suite over the junior suite

Ended up going with the grand suite.. If we did the grand suite instead of the junior suite with our travel agent they could do free gratuity and more on board credit so the out of pocket ends up only being like $300 more for the grand suite over the junior suite

Awesome, that is a no-brainer!

That's a good deal for moving from a JS to GS on a 7-day cruise.

That's a good deal for moving from a JS to GS on a 7-day cruise.

That's what I thought because I had every intention of getting the junior suite. But once you factor in paying gratuities on the junior suite and less on board credit, in the end my lot of pocket being less than 500 difference is worth it. Only down side is we had an aft junior suite but I'll take the full suite perks over that for such a small dollar amount

That's what I thought because I had every intention of getting the junior suite. But once you factor in paying gratuities on the junior suite and less on board credit, in the end my lot of pocket being less than 500 difference is worth it. Only down side is we had an aft junior suite but I'll take the full suite perks over that for such a small dollar amount

As an FYI, The grats on JS are only $13.50, the $16.50 kicks in at GS and above!

As an FYI, The grats on JS are only $13.50, the $16.50 kicks in at GS and above!

I rounded up to 200 for the two of us for the week for gratuity in a junior suite and my out of pocket difference came to only a few hundred after the travel agent obc. Giving up the aft junior suite but I think it'll be worth it.

I love aft cabins for love GS even more, we had both last year on Brilliance with suite 1600, we also had priority tender on that, our concierge walked us down, perks are really nice

We've only done grand suites on voyager class so this will be a first. Any other perks that aren't fleet wide that we'll have/not have other than special pool seating?

We've only done grand suites on voyager class so this will be a first. Any other perks that aren't fleet wide that we'll have/not have other than special pool seating?

Breakfast made to order in Giovanni's or Chops.