Flying into Orlando and cruise from Tampa

colesc15

hi all! We're forever away from our cruise but like looking ahead. We may want to fly into Orlando a day or two early and go to Disney etc and then cruise Sunday out of Tampa. If I rented a car at MCO, is there a car rental place in Tampa I could drop the car off and get a free shuttle to the port? Has anyone done this??

hi all! We're forever away from our cruise but like looking ahead. We may want to fly into Orlando a day or two early and go to Disney etc and then cruise Sunday out of Tampa. If I rented a car at MCO, is there a car rental place in Tampa I could drop the car off and get a free shuttle to the port? Has anyone done this??

There is an Avis at the Embassy Suites in downtown Tampa. They have a free shuttle, though they sometimes get busy and can't jump in the shuttle right away. A taxi to the port from the Embassy is a flat rate $6 per person.

There is an Avis at the Embassy Suites in downtown Tampa. They have a free shuttle, though they sometimes get busy and can't jump in the shuttle right away. A taxi to the port from the Embassy is a flat rate $6 per person.

Thank you Bob! I should just come directly to you for most :)

There's also a Hertz near the port, Enterprise is just a couple of miles away and they should shuttle you. If you get a better deal returning to TPA airport, a taxi to the port is just $25 or you can Uber for about $15

It may be easier for you to fly into MCO , explore Disney and what not - go on the cruise - and then fly out of Tampa. My suggestion - southwest or JetBlu. There are always good prices and have many direct flights with minimal - free luggage charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may be easier for you to fly into MCO , explore Disney and what not - go on the cruise - and then fly out of Tampa. My suggestion - southwest or JetBlu. There are always good prices and have many direct flights with minimal - free luggage charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking this too. We have free vouchers from southwest so we'll have to do some price checking when the time comes

• 10 months later...