New UPDATED Current list of Cruise Directors (CD)

Tim Connor is the best!!!! My favourite CD to date! Enjoy!

I am surprised he left Oasis....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also surprised, given that Port Canaveral is near where he lives and given that his son is still young, I thought that Oasis would be a good option for him. This only seems like a 10 week stint though, so maybe he will be CD on Harmony from PC next year.

I chatted with clo she Dennis will return back to Anthem

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the update. I'm also on end of May and I already knew Clo would be off by then. Dennis certainly isn't the worst but not the absolute best. He's also the CD I've had most.

Thanks for the update. I'm also on end of May and I already knew Clo would be off by then. Dennis certainly isn't the worst but not the absolute best. He's also the CD I've had most.

I am on the Anthem. Clo did our M&M but we have also seen Dennis down on the Esplanade.

I like Dennis Charles. He's low-key but enthusiastic. He's also got a great singing voice. He will sing with whatever group is performing in the Centrum.

Steve Davis gets passengers to do the entire dance performance from the video for Michael Jackson's song "Thriller." They will rehearse 4 or 5 times and then put on the show, either on the last night or next-to-last night. The story is that he choreographed the dance among the bridal party, I think at his sister's wedding. She suggested doing it on the ship with passengers.

My wife took part and thought it was a blast.

But, we had a cruise director, back in 2011, on the Rhapsody sailing to Alaska. His first name was Bobby, and he was from Scotland. When they had the demonstration on how to make a Black Forest cake, watching him was like watching Lucy working at the candy factory on "I Love Lucy." It was hysterical. His Black Forest cake was really strong, because he was liberal with the kirschwasser.

But, we had a cruise director, back in 2011, on the Rhapsody sailing to Alaska. His first name was Bobby, and he was from Scotland. When they had the demonstration on how to make a Black Forest cake, watching him was like watching Lucy working at the candy factory on "I Love Lucy." It was hysterical. His Black Forest cake was really strong, because he was liberal with the kirschwasser.

That was Bobby Brown. I think that he was suited to the smaller ships and also lost his spark when Becky (his wife) left Royal. He really didn't impress me on Harmony and will not be going on the Symphony Transatlantic with him there.

Since this is the CD rumor mill, someone on Grandeur right now said Big Bob which I assume is Bob Leininger will be on for approximately 2 more months. Maybe he's not leaving at the end of March after all...

Thanks for the info. I heard recently that Paul Rutter is off to Quantum in Asia for his next contract, so there maybe isn't an available CD to cover Bob's break yet.

I like Dennis Charles. He's low-key but enthusiastic. He's also got a great singing voice. He will sing with whatever group is performing in the Centrum.

Steve Davis gets passengers to do the entire dance performance from the video for Michael Jackson's song "Thriller." They will rehearse 4 or 5 times and then put on the show, either on the last night or next-to-last night. The story is that he choreographed the dance among the bridal party, I think at his sister's wedding. She suggested doing it on the ship with passengers.

My wife took part and thought it was a blast.

Steve Davis is one of my favorite Cruise Directors. I wish I had participated in the Thriller dance. He also did a cake decorating demonstration that got hilarious. But he didn't on the transpacific last year and when I asked, he said that the health department had made them stop.

Gordon West

Jerome posted on his Facebook page today that he’s leaving Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shame to hear that, especially given that he was a decent CD and spoke many languages. I did hear that he is getting married though, so best wishes to him.

I wonder who will be CD on Serenade this summer. It won't be Topi who has done the last few Baltic seasons, as his new assignment is 2 months on Explorer and 2 months on Freedom.

Steve Davis is one of my favorite Cruise Directors. I wish I had participated in the Thriller dance. He also did a cake decorating demonstration that got hilarious. But he didn't on the transpacific last year and when I asked, he said that the health department had made them stop.

Gordon West

The ole "health department" excuse......

I was told I couldn't take food out of the diamond lounge for the same reason. Even though passengers continually take food out of the Windjammer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me who will be the CD on the Oasis sailing April 29th?

It looks like Jeff Arpin is on now, and will be on until early May and then Dan Whitney comes onboard. So it's likely Jeff, unless the handover happens earlier than expected..

Hello all. I had done a full update yesterday, but when I went to post it, I got logged out and lost the post.

Also really busy at the moment, so next update will be coming early in the weekend, when I have got some things out of the way. Appreciate your patience.

Also, Donna, nice to hear from you again!

It looks like Jeff Arpin is on now, and will be on until early May and then Dan Whitney comes onboard. So it's likely Jeff, unless the handover happens earlier than expected..

Thanks for the information.

I'm back! Thanks all for the updates!

Adventure OTS - Mercedes LaFuentes took over February 27 for 6 weeks. (then who?)

Allure OTS - Jimmy Rhodes returns March 11 for 4 months, then Mitch returns mid-July for 2 months.

Anthem OTS - Clo O'Connor early March until May 13, then Dennis Charles returns May 13 for 4 months.

Brilliance OTS - Mike Szwajkowski started January 29 until April, then Abe Hughes takes over in April until July, then Clo O'Connor will be CD from July until September. (exact dates needed)

Empress OTS - Hugo Arenas began November 10 for 4 months. (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira returned December 15 for 4 months, then Bobby Broughton returns late-April. (need handover date)

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returned February 9 (until when?). Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine starts March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen returns July 28 until September 29, followed by Drew September 29 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - Bob Leininger began November 30 until mid-May. Bob returns in the Summer until October 6, then Mitch Merucci from October 6 until December 1, followed by Bob starting December 1 for another 4 month contract. (Who is filling in for Bob for his upcoming vacation?)

Harmony OTS - Marc Walker begins February 3 until April 21, then Dru Pavlov returns April 21 until August 4, then Marc returns again from August 4 until October 6.

Independence OTS - Tim Connor started March 15 until May 28, then Joff Eaton returns May 28 for the Summer season for 4 months.

Jewel OTS - Andrea Olivera started February 25. (for 4 months?)

Liberty OTS - John Blair took over January 14 until May 27.

Majesty OTS - Susan Adams took over February 26. (for 4 months?)

Mariner OTS - Ricky Matthews is said to have taken over for the repositioning, dry dock and start of the Miami cruises. (Will Carlos Torres also be working on Mariner later this year, as initially reported?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo took over March 16 for 2 months. (then who?)

Cuddy Cudworth has been reassigned to Radiance and will not return to Navigator after his break.

Oasis OTS - Jeff Arpin returned early March for 2 months, followed by Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (need dates)

Ovation OTS - WHO IS THE CURRENT CD AS OF MARCH 23??

Quantum OTS - Chris Brown returned mid November for 4 months, then Paul Rutter starts in March for 2 months and again from September for 3 months. (need handover date)

Radiance OTS - Mitch Merucci started March 18 until April 18. Cuddy Cudworth is joining Radiance for his next contract. (dates unknown)

Rhapsody OTS - Elvis Pinto returned early February for 4 months.

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau returns February 5 (until when? then who?)

Symphony OTS - Michele Scarpato joined March 11 in France, with Bobby Brown also onboard. Current dates are unknown, but Michele will be CD in early-July, and Bobby for the TA. Marc Walker takes over November 9 in Miami.

Vision OTS - Ken Jones returned February 9 for 2 months, then Steve Davis returns April 6 until August 11.

Voyager OTS - Carlos Torres began late-January until late-May.

Where is Patricio Honores?

Jerome Sueur has reportedly left RCI. He is getting married soon.

Casey Pelter is now working shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Jamie Fentiman has been cleared to return, although does not have an assignment yet.

Graham Seymour is stepping back from cruise life after July 28, 2017 except for occasional fill-ins. (Graham is filling in on Explorer from Feb 9.)

Rich Edwards has unfortunately passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry has left Royal and is now Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment. He may occasionally fill-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate has taken a job shoreside as of June 8

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but will be filling-in from time-to-time if needed. (Gordon is filling in on Radiance - Feb 13 to March 29)

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira has returned to Royal Caribbean and is now the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - Has sold the Tiddly and is now a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises and recently became a father to a lovely baby boy

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is now with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

Does anyone know who is going to be CD on the May20 th Independence sailing after refit before Joff gets back Thanks.

Tim Connor. He is a good CD. Spent the last two years on Oasis Class ships.