New UPDATED Current list of Cruise Directors (CD)

Sailing out of Sydney tomorrow on Ovation and would really like to know who the CD is ... guess I might just have to wait and see! It appears that Joff Eaton may have just finished and this is disappointing. We have sailed with Joff previously and he is an excellent CD.

Sailing out of Sydney tomorrow on Ovation and would really like to know who the CD is ... guess I might just have to wait and see! It appears that Joff Eaton may have just finished and this is disappointing. We have sailed with Joff previously and he is an excellent CD.

Please let me know when you get a copy of the Cruise Compass.

Joe, have just found out from Cruise Compass that our Cruise Director on Ovation is Mike ... but don’t know his surname yet!

That will be Mike Hunnerup. He's a tall Australian guy.

Thanks for the info.

Jewel OTS - Andrea Olivera started February 25. (for 4 months?)

The cruise after ours is a TA to Rome, Andrea is Italian so I'll ask him what we assume, that he will be staying on for the TA and some Med cruises. I'll be back around 5/6.

[/font]

The cruise after ours is a TA to Rome, Andrea is Italian so I'll ask him what we assume, that he will be staying on for the TA and some Med cruises. I'll be back around 5/6.

Thanks!

Please provide some feedback on Andrea as he is new to the company.

I hope hope hope he will still be on in April for the TA. MUCH rather have him than Abe.

Well, bad news for you - Abe boarded Brilliance yesterday and will be your CD for the TA.

I love Abe though. I really wish that he was CD for the Symphony. I have already said this to Royal, as he really enhanced our Harmony cruise.

That will be Mike Hunnerup. He's a tall Australian guy.

Thanks for the info.

Oh dear, this is not what I wanted to read, but I kind of suspected that this would be the case. I am now kind of hoping that he will have finished his contract by the time I get on. However, as he did a 4 month contract on Ovation last summer, I assume that is what he is doing this year. I get on Ovation on 6th June.

Out of my 20 cruises across 3 cruise lines and 8 ships, he was my least favourite cruise director. It is not that he is unpleasant or if he is, I would not know it. It was kind of "blink and you missed him". I think I saw him a total of three times during our 13 night transatlantic cruise, two of which were when he came charging past on the promenade deck with speed. I would not even known it was him if somebody else had not called out his name the first time it happened. We were lucky then that we had Mark Rous as activities manager and he was fabulous. He also covered a lot of the activities that often the cruise director covers like the announcements before the show, progressive trivia, etc.

Still, our cruise is only a 5 nighter this time and I will be on my favourite ship. I will appreciate every second of this cruise.

Corinna

Casey was a brilliant CD such fun.

I hope hope hope he will still be on in April for the TA. MUCH rather have him than Abe.

It appears that talking about CDs is like talking about restaurants---very subjective. We loved Abe. He was the best we have had by far. Not only was he really funny, but was just a mound of energy. I truly don't think he sleeps---he is all over the ship all the time, his morning show was great and he truly wanted to make everyone feel special. On the other hand, we never saw Casey once in 8 days other than for events he hosted. His morning show bored us.

So I am curious--what did you guys dislike about Abe and like about Casey?

Well, bad news for you - Abe boarded Brilliance yesterday and will be your CD for the TA.

I love Abe though. I really wish that he was CD for the Symphony. I have already said this to Royal, as he really enhanced our Harmony cruise.

Abe told me he didn't care for the large ships and was looking forward to Brilliance.

Guess I'll see him again in 9 days for a fantastic TA

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Abe told me he didn't care for the large ships and was looking forward to Brilliance.

Joe...what beachammo is saying is exactly what I was saying too on the other site....maybe some of those great CDs don't want the biggest and newest ships. I'm beginning to think that might explain some of the assignments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Joe...what beachammo is saying is exactly what I was saying too on the other site....maybe some of those great CDs don't want the biggest and newest ships. I'm beginning to think that might explain some of the assignments.

There is soo much more responsibility on the larger ships with little time for the CD to go have some fun. To much director and not enough cruise......

Well hi there mysterious S (kind of private joke folks). That may be the case, but we had him on Anthem and after that he took out Harmony. Maybe he just wants a break from the big ships and hopefully will return for one of your favorite Oasis Class sailings.

Well hi there mysterious S (kind of private joke folks). That may be the case, but we had him on Anthem and after that he took out Harmony. Maybe he just wants a break from the big ships and hopefully will return for one of your favorite Oasis Class sailings.

Skid! Was wondering if that was you! Your comment earlier seemed like déjà vu [emoji6]

Oh dear, this is not what I wanted to read, but I kind of suspected that this would be the case. I am now kind of hoping that he will have finished his contract by the time I get on. However, as he did a 4 month contract on Ovation last summer, I assume that is what he is doing this year. I get on Ovation on 6th June.

Out of my 20 cruises across 3 cruise lines and 8 ships, he was my least favourite cruise director. It is not that he is unpleasant or if he is, I would not know it. It was kind of "blink and you missed him". I think I saw him a total of three times during our 13 night transatlantic cruise, two of which were when he came charging past on the promenade deck with speed. I would not even known it was him if somebody else had not called out his name the first time it happened. We were lucky then that we had Mark Rous as activities manager and he was fabulous. He also covered a lot of the activities that often the cruise director covers like the announcements before the show, progressive trivia, etc.

Still, our cruise is only a 5 nighter this time and I will be on my favourite ship. I will appreciate every second of this cruise.

Corinna

I'm afraid that he will likely still be there for your sailing. Your experience with Mike sounds a lot like my experience with Bobby. As it is Asia, I'm not sure how much you will see of him though.

Skid! Was wondering if that was you! Your comment earlier seemed like déjà vu [emoji6]

I am also the same Joe from the RC Blog forum! It seems like a lot of us have accounts on each site.

I'm just praying for a good CD when I go back on Harmony next March. I know it's way too far out at this point but I feel like we lost out a bit with Bobby Brown last time.

You sure did lose out with Bobby. He just seems on autopilot. There is a whole new generation of CD's waiting to be promoted. He's had his time, so time to maybe let someone else take on the job.

I saw an interview with Abe and he said that his 4 favorite ships were Freedom, Mariner, Anthem and Harmony. From talking to him on FB, it seems like he is looking forward to a break from the big ships and also getting to see new ports, as opposed to the Caribbean again. Brilliance does a fantastic itinerary this summer!

Sad to hear Bobby Brown on the crossing of the Symphony. Most boring on the Harmony. Sorry folks.

Don't apologize. Royal need to hear this. If he didn't cut it on Harmony, how will he manage on Symphony? Unless he suddenly finds a great deal of energy from somewhere. I also find his 4 couple L&M format is outdated as well, and it doesn't work for a same-sex couple, which I think is important to have in these shows.