Cruise Critic Community
Joe12

New UPDATED Current list of Cruise Directors (CD)

Adventure OTS - Casey Pelter April 8 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Bobby Brown March 12 until April 16, then Mitch Merucci April 16 through August. According to his tweet, Mitch will be the new regular CD of Allure

Anthem OTS - Dru Pavlov March 12 through mid-July. (It's been reported that Jimmy Rhodes is covering sometime in September through sometime in November??).

Bobby Broughton is joining Anthem as regular CD November 22.

Brilliance OTS - Jerome Sueur November 10 until May 1, then Clo O'Connor will be onboard May 1 through sometime in July.

(Jerome has said on Twitter that he is on until May 25, but that is an unusually long contract, so this needs confirmation.)

Empress OTS - Elvis Pinto returns April 10 for 2 months. (Does Carlos Torres return to Empress after his vacation?)

Enchantment OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira began February 17 (until when? then who?)

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returns March 19 through July 28 (then Graham is stepping back from cruise life except for an occasional fill-in)

Freedom OTS - Michele Scarpato February 18 for 2 months thru the TA May 7 then Mercedes LaFuentes. (Is Mercedes taking over May 7?)

Grandeur OTS - Paul Rutter returns February 25 for 2 months (need handover date) then Bobby Broughton returns late April/early May for 4 months, then Bobby will move to Anthem.

Harmony OTS - Abe Hughes returns March 11 until mid-July. Abe returns mid-September until after the New Year. Who will be covering his break mid-July through mid-September?

Independence OTS - Rob McNally began March 25 until April 19, then Marc Walker begins April 19 until May 27 (Is Marc taking over mid cruise or is he on a 8 day handover until Indy reaches Southampton on April 28th?)

Joff Eaton returns May 27 until September 30, then Marc returns September 30 until January 30. Marc is the new regular CD on Indy at least thru 2018.

Jewel OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo February 19 until mid-April (then does Dennis Charles return mid-April for 4 months?

Liberty OTS - Jeff Arpin January 8 until May 20, then John Blair May 20 until July 20.

(Liberty sails on Sundays, so Blair's dates need to be clarified.)

Majesty OTS - Marc Walker February 17 until April 17 (then who?)

Marc has been reassigned to Independence and will not return to Majesty.

Mariner OTS - Keith Williams mid March until July 9. (then who?)

Navigator OTS - Drew Devine began March 26. (Is this for 4 months or is Cuddy returning in late May?) Clo O'Connor begins late September.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes March 12 until mid-July. (then who?)

Ovation OTS - Mike Hunnerup March 5 until when (early-July?), then who?

Quantum OTS - Ricky Matthews end of January until mid-to-late May, then Chris Brown

Radiance OTS - Steve Davis March 28 until late-July, then John Blair (for 2 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney January 21 (until the TA on April 29? or through the TA on May 13?)

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau March 17 for 2 months, then Topi Ylonen should be returning from May 20 until September 17 for the Baltic season.

Vision OTS - Bill Brunkhorst March 13, then Ken Jones. (need dates)

Voyager OTS - Jamie Fentiman began April 6 (for 2 or 4 months?)

Graham Seymour is stepping back from cruise life after July 28, 2017 except for occasional fill-ins.

John Perry has left Royal and is now Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment. He may occasionally fill-in as CD

Rich Edwards is temporarily out due to back issues

Amy Fickert-Southgate has taken a job shoreside as of June 8

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but will be filling-in from time-to-time if needed

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is now with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

Cecilia is the Activities Director, not the Cruise Director. Carlos Torres is the Cruise Director 7f97a5b29db12d23ff8be1488f538919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, so strange because EVERYTIME we either saw CeCi on RCI TV on the ship or at activities, she ALWAYS introduced herself at "your cruise director"...

Wow, so strange because EVERYTIME we either saw CeCi on RCI TV on the ship or at activities, she ALWAYS introduced herself at "your cruise director"...

Carlos was off the ship for a few days. He went to Cuba to make sure things were ready for Empress' arrival. He left the 3/27 cruise in Cozumel and rejoined the next cruise in Key West.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carlos Torres just let me know he is on Empress until April 24....then Elvis Pinto takes over. Sounds like he will be on the ship (maybe both Elvis and Carlos for the turnover week) as it makes its initial cruise to Cuba and then it will be moving to Tampa (from what I understand).

Carlos was off the ship for a few days. He went to Cuba to make sure things were ready for Empress' arrival. He left the 3/27 cruise in Cozumel and rejoined the next cruise in Key West.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carlos Torres just let me know he is on Empress until April 24....then Elvis Pinto takes over. Sounds like he will be on the ship (maybe both Elvis and Carlos for the turnover week) as it makes its initial cruise to Cuba and then it will be moving to Tampa (from what I understand).

Thanks both.

Had Carlos as AM on Serenade in 2013, he was good, better than the CD, but we could not understand much that he said as he was the Spanish interpreter.

I've never sailed with Mitch Merucci- can anyone tell me how he is as a CD?

Mitch is awesome, we sailed with him twice on Majesty. Lots of energy, funny and visible. Hoping to sail with him again in November.

Mitch is awesome, we sailed with him twice on Majesty. Lots of energy, funny and visible. Hoping to sail with him again in November.

You are in luck, the Nov 19th sailing is his 1st or 2nd back from his fall vacation.

I've never sailed with Mitch Merucci- can anyone tell me how he is as a CD?

In addition to the above, Mitch is personable and approachable. Nice guy.

Can someone find out Abe's finish date on Harmony?

My July 8th sailing falls roughly when his contract finishes, so wondering if he will still be onboard, and who is covering his break. I hope he will still be onboard, I like what I have seen of Abe and don't really want to have Bobby Brown again. Or, I could have someone completely different which may be good, but my hope is to have Abe.

You are in luck, the Nov 19th sailing is his 1st or 2nd back from his fall vacation.

I knew that, but things do change....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I knew that, but things do change....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

True, like when I expected Abe on Anthem last year, but got John Blair rotated on 10 days prior to sailing. :(

From the way Mitch has been posting, he seems excited and will be on Allure long term so bar injury, I would expect him to be there.

In addition to the above, Mitch is personable and approachable. Nice guy.

Wahoo! Thank you, gentlemen!

I was a little skittish because my most recent cruise on Freedom (Feb '16) had an abysmal CD* so I'm glad to hear that Mitch is a good 'un. :)

*Can't for the life of me remember his name, just that I heard the theme from Jaws when I noticed his bio mentioned his MBA, but not any hospitality or entertainment background.

Wahoo! Thank you, gentlemen!

I was a little skittish because my most recent cruise on Freedom (Feb '16) had an abysmal CD* so I'm glad to hear that Mitch is a good 'un. :)

*Can't for the life of me remember his name, just that I heard the theme from Jaws when I noticed his bio mentioned his MBA, but not any hospitality or entertainment background.

Per the previous list, it was John Perry. That was his last 4 month contract and he is no longer with the company.

What was wrong with him?

Per the previous list, it was John Perry. That was his last 4 month contract and he is no longer with the company.

What was wrong with him?

Only a handful of actual activities during the day that weren't revenue generating, and the personality of a rutabaga. I was just coming off a cruise with Jamie Fentiman who I adored, so it may be a bit harsh.

On the other hand he's no longer a CD, so perhaps not.

Allure OTS - Bobby Brown March 12 until April 16, then Mitch Merucci April 16 through August. According to his tweet, Mitch will be the new regular CD of Allure

Anthem OTS - Dru Pavlov March 12 through mid-July. (It's been reported that Jimmy Rhodes is covering sometime in September through sometime in November??).

Brilliance OTS - Jerome Sueur November 10 until May 1, then Clo O'Connor will be onboard May 1 through sometime in July.

(Jerome has said on Twitter that he is on until May 25, but that is an unusually long contract, so this needs confirmation.)

Empress OTS - Carlos Torres until April 24. Elvis Pinto returns April 24 for 2 months. (Does Carlos return to Empress after his vacation?)

Enchantment OTS - Michelle Pimentinha Oliveira began February 17 (until when? then who?)

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returns March 19 through July 28 (then Graham is stepping back from cruise life except for an occasional fill-in)

Freedom OTS - Michele Scarpato February 18 for 2 months thru the TA May 7 then Mercedes LaFuentes. (Is Mercedes taking over May 7?)

Grandeur OTS - Paul Rutter returns February 25 for 2 months (need handover date) then Bobby Broughton returns late April/early May for 4 months, then Bobby will move to Anthem.

Harmony OTS - Abe Hughes returns March 11 until mid-July. Abe returns mid-September until after the New Year. Who will be covering his break mid-July through mid-September?

Independence OTS - Rob McNally began March 25 until April 28, then Marc Walker begins April 28 until May 27, then Joff Eaton returns May 27 until September 30, then Marc returns September 30 until January 30. Marc is the new regular CD on Indy at least thru 2018.

Jewel OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo February 19 until mid-April (then does Dennis Charles return mid-April for 4 months?

Liberty OTS - Jeff Arpin January 8 until May 20, then John Blair May 20 until July 20.

Navigator OTS - Drew Devine began March 26. (Is this for 4 months or is Cuddy Cudworth returning in late May?) Clo O'Connor begins late September.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes March 12 until mid-July. (then who?)

Quantum OTS - Ricky Matthews end of January until mid-to-late May, then Chris Brown

Radiance OTS - Steve Davis March 28 until late-July, then John Blair (for 2 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Dan Whitney January 21 (until the TA on April 29? or through the TA on May 13?)

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau March 17 for 2 months, then Topi Ylonen should be returning from May 20 until September 17 for the Baltic season.

Graham Seymour is stepping back from cruise life after July 28, 2017 except for occasional fill-ins.

John Perry has left Royal and is now Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment. He may occasionally fill-in as CD

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Help needed:

Brilliance - Can someone confirm the handover date as I have had conflicting information from both Jerome and Clo.

Enchantment - Is Michelle onboard for a full 4 month contract? Who will be taking over when she goes on vacation?

Freedom - Is the handover date between Michele and Mercedes on May 7 when the ship arrives in Barcelona?

Jewel - Is Simona going on break soon? Who is taking over? Dennis Charles?

Majesty - Who is taking over from Marc on April 17?

Rhapsody - When is Dan signing off and who is replacing him?

There are some more red on the list, but the above are what we need urgently.

Tim Connor's LinkedIn has changed from Allure to Oasis, so I am guessing that he will take over from Jimmy between May and July.

Empress OTS - Carlos Torres until April 24. Elvis Pinto returns April 24 for 2 months. (Does Carlos return to Empress after his vacation?)

Independence OTS - Rob McNally began March 25 until April 28, then Marc Walker begins April 28 until May 27, then Joff Eaton returns May 27 until September 30, then Marc returns September 30 until January 30. Marc is the new regular CD on Indy at least thru 2018.

Jewel OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo February 19 until mid-April.

(Does Dennis Charles return mid-April for 4 months?)

Navigator OTS - Drew Devine began March 26. (Is this for 4 months or is Cuddy Cudworth returning in late May?) Clo O'Connor begins late September.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes began March 12, then Tim Connor. (need dates)

Here is what Marc Walker posted on Facebook today

1484427_1011844415509706_3806081269641441469_n.jpg?oh=9a22e0e82dbdbbbdc57663d87a5e1456&oe=5954E5FE

Marc Walker Cruise Director at Port Canaveral.

· 7 hrs ·

Introducing Majesty's new CD, Bobby Broughton! A quick 3 day handover! I'm proud to say I'm one year younger! I'm no longer the old fart.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

This is now slightly confusing, as Marc also said that Susan is going to Brilliance, then Majesty, so Bobby must be on a 2 month contract, but then how does Susan fit into the Brilliance schedule?

Also, who is taking over on GR? Maybe Paul is on a 4 month contract.

Edited by Joe12
Typo

Brilliance OTS - Jerome Sueur returned November 10.

Susan McColl is reported to be joining Brilliance soon, while Clo O'Connor has also said on FB that she is joining the ship May 1. Also, Jerome has said on Twitter that he is on BR until May 25, so this schedule needs confirmation.

Grandeur OTS - Paul Rutter returned February 25 (until when? then who?)

Jewel OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo February 19 until mid-April.

(Does Dennis Charles return mid-April for 4 months?)

Majesty OTS - Marc Walker February 17 until April 17, then Bobby Broughton for 2 months, followed by Susan McColl.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes began March 12, then Tim Connor. (need dates)