New UPDATED Current list of Cruise Directors (CD)

Grandeur has tended to have decent AM's (Darryl, Andre, Tanya etc.) but not all AM's across the fleet are great. I didn't rate the AM on Harmony last summer and some other AM's across the fleet get mixed reviews.

Tanya was a hoot. She was just this powder keg of energy. Totally deserving of the nickname Tornado Tanya.

At the same time, My experience across the board, Celebrity as well as other RC ships, Activity managers tend to be on the more competent side, granted my last two (soon to be 3) cruises was on Grandeur, that is a matter of convenience more than anything else.

was on Anthem late july of 2017.The cruise director was temporarily on the Anthem and i recall he said he normally works out of Florida.He had a British accent i believe and was great!!!Very involved and great sense of humor.......wish i could remember his name.Sailing on Harmony July 21 and I'm hoping this CD is just as good

was on Anthem late july of 2017.The cruise director was temporarily on the Anthem and i recall he said he normally works out of Florida.He had a British accent i believe and was great!!!Very involved and great sense of humor.......wish i could remember his name.Sailing on Harmony July 21 and I'm hoping this CD is just as good

That was Marc Walker. He returns to Harmony on April 4th so you will miss him by 2 weeks. Dru Pavlov will be your CD, who is also said to be good.

Has anyone had Mitch Merucci? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, on three different occasions. Twice on Majesty and this past November on Allure. Very visible and personable, he's one of the many friends we've made while cruising. Does a really funny Love and Marriage, and a fun to watch (and join in) Quest. You will see him around a lot, especially on the smaller ships. He's on FB as Cruise Director Mitch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

@local we had Dru on the Anthem last year and loved him. He was always running around the ship to each event, and had great engagement with the audiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

great to know thanks......i felt the same about Mark but with that being our first RC cruise i had no comparable

Found on Twitter that a few CD's have made homophobic jokes in their show intros.

Has anyone experienced this? If that is the case, I don't know why they haven't been fired. Surely they know that cruisers will come from many different backgrounds and insulting them is completely inappropriate and unprofessional.

Sailing Anthem May 26...is Dennis Charles a great upbeat CD?

Sailed with him on the Jewel repositioning from Vancouver to LA in 2015. The ports were incredible but he made the sailing. Jewel was the only ship not revitalized and it could be felt but he more than compensated for her age. He's a very old school CD, which yes means he can sing, but he also dances, tells hilarious jokes, and is incredibly personable. He's everywhere and can turn any mundane event into a huge party. He is able to adapt to any situation better than any other CD I've seen, and I didn't know it at the time, but many of the great CDs learned from him and continue to look up to him as one of the greats.

Michele AND Bobby are CD for the Symphony's first few sailings. It seems a bit odd to have 2 CD's in the public image, with them splitting duties. Probably reduces the AM's role quite a bit.

Sailed with him on the Jewel repositioning from Vancouver to LA in 2015. The ports were incredible but he made the sailing. Jewel was the only ship not revitalized and it could be felt but he more than compensated for her age. He's a very old school CD, which yes means he can sing, but he also dances, tells hilarious jokes, and is incredibly personable. He's everywhere and can turn any mundane event into a huge party. He is able to adapt to any situation better than any other CD I've seen, and I didn't know it at the time, but many of the great CDs learned from him and continue to look up to him as one of the greats.

Which CD's are these? It's always nice to hear of CD's who have nurtured their staff into becoming very successful themselves in the company.

Does anyone have recent feedback about Marc Walker? He'll be on Harmony this fall when I go and I've never sailed with him before.

He gets good feedback, and from what I have seen, seems to be an excellent CD. Maybe someone who has sailed with him can say a bit more, but I would be happy if he were CD on a future cruise of mine.

If we were to rank every CD we have had by the below criteria, how would you do it?

- Fantastic

- Good

- OK

- Poor

I don't remember the CDs we had on our first two Royal Caribbean cruises, but on the last one (Adventure of the Seas) it was Bobby Brown and I have to say he was the worst CD we have experienced. He truly did seem like he was on Auto Pilot.

Very happy to hear that Abe Hughes is the CD on my upcoming BOS cruise, as I have heard great things about him.

A NEW WAY OF CRUISE DIRECTING

Introducing the new Bionic Cruise Director, which will be launched on the Spectrum of the Seas and rolled out to all other ships in the fleet by the end of the decade. No need for humans, Robots can do the job.

Edited by Joe12

We just came off the Brilliance and Mike (the polish guy) was phenomenal - sorry folks I forgot how to spell is last name. I think it's Swajorski but not sure. He is going home for a short 10 day holiday and then he's off to the Grandeur - I would just love to say that he's one of the best and was always visible - and very congenial - just loved his speeches at the muster drill about what not to flush down the toilets - he was hilarious. Abe is the cruise director now and he is also a great guy and lots of fun

I know it's hard to keep up with these cruise directors and where they will be --- is there just an updated list somewhere here on cruise critic - the current one is not updated as far as I can tell.

Thanks

It's a couple of pages back. I am going to create a new thread soon as this one is getting a bit too long.