Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Have you seen what's normally sitting out around the pool deck? Kegs will be fiiiiiine. :)

You crack me up! Are you sailing June 2? Because I'd love to meet you. And if you're going to spend most of your time at the Brew House, I'm sure we will run into each other.

Planning on booking this cruise on Bliss.......need recommendations on balcony rooms, aft balcony room??? floor??? aft or forward???

Marilyn

If you've been reading this very entertaining thread, you have seen that everyone has their own opinion on that subject. No one is right or wrong because it's your personal preference combined with past experience.

Our first cruise was on the Escape and we had a mid-ship mini suite balcony on deck 11. We liked the location and the room size. After we got off the ship, I saw a video of a similar cabin but with a large balcony forward on deck 8. So when we booked the Bliss, we made sure to book that cabin because it's on the same deck as the Waterfront (which I love) and right down the hall from the District Brew House (which my husband loves).

I say take a look at the deck plans and figure out which location would be best for you. See what's around. . . . . . . . . .there may be areas you want to be near or avoid.

Happy cabin hunting!!!

Edited by Nator72
typo

Perhaps you would enjoy the shuffleboard court or the library?...

I chuckled when he stated that he may sound like an old man because I had been thinking "Gee, this guy sounds like an old man..." I'm not much younger than he is but I'm looking forward to the cars. I plan on trying them out a couple of times on my trans atlantic. And the water slides. Maybe the laser tag, as well. Then maybe a hip replacement.

I chuckled when he stated that he may sound like an old man because I had been thinking "Gee, this guy sounds like an old man..." I'm not much younger than he is but I'm looking forward to the cars. I plan on trying them out a couple of times on my trans atlantic. And the water slides. Maybe the laser tag, as well. Then maybe a hip replacement.

Lol you're definitely only as old as you feel. [emoji4] For us, my wife and I do tend to prefer the smaller, mid-sized ships (we sailed the Star in 2015 and had a blast). While on the Escape last year, the mega ship style of cruising did seem a bit like cruising on steroids; it's overwhelming if you're not used to it. Unfortunately, that's where cruising is going to nowadays. Unless you can afford the luxury lines, it's become an arms race to see who can build the largest ships with the flashiest gadgets and attractions.

With that said, we are booked on the Bliss for Jan. 5th-12th, 2019 and are really looking forward to it. The shows should be awesome (I'm really looking forward to Jersey Boys and Prohibition), the specialty dining is always exquisite, the Ocean Loop slide looks like a blast, and yes; even the go-karts look like they'll be fun (was unsure about that at first). All in all, the Bliss looks to be a beautiful ship with endless possibilities.

One last thing; you're on a cruise and away from work; enjoy it!! [emoji2] [emoji568]️[emoji907][emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have any idea of what the upcharge for the go kart track is? Just wonder how much they will be getting. I have a limit as to what I would spend for a 6 minute ride. I read somewhere the Joy charges around $30.00. I will not be forking out that much money to try it.

Candi

I read somewhere the Joy charges around $30.00. I will not be forking out that much money to try it.

While on board (with photo proof), someone posted that it was $5. If it's gone up to $30, which would surprise me, then I guess we know it's wildly successful!

Does anyone have any idea of what the upcharge for the go kart track is? Just wonder how much they will be getting. I have a limit as to what I would spend for a 6 minute ride. I read somewhere the Joy charges around $30.00. I will not be forking out that much money to try it.

Candi

With the caveat that I have no idea what I'm talking about (LOL!), I did want to comment.

On Royal's Quantum class ships, there are up charges on certain items when sailing in Asia (Northstar and iFly). But no charge on the US based Anthem for those same perks. As my understanding is that Joy is in Asia, I wouldn't necessarily assume Bliss would charge the same in the US.

Of course, NCL could do it and then Royal follow and start charging...but, I just wanted to comment that there is currently a difference between location.

OKAY.....BOOKED....aft balcony cabin deck 12......Marilyn and Joan from NewJersey.......and

also deck 12, Ellen.......

please sign the three of us up for meet and greet and whatever you else have planned...LOL

Marilyn, Joan, Ellen

Hi Circus!! You need to find the right forum for your cruise. On Cruise Critic, look for your ship and especially the date!! If you can't find it , just ask. Someone with more experience then me can direct you. Happy cruising!!!😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

OKAY.....BOOKED....aft balcony cabin deck 12......Marilyn and Joan from NewJersey.......and

also deck 12, Ellen.......

please sign the three of us up for meet and greet and whatever you else have planned...LOL

Marilyn, Joan, Ellen

Which cruise are you guys on? Were you able to find your roll call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Circus!! You need to find the right forum for your cruise. On Cruise Critic, look for your ship and especially the date!! If you can't find it , just ask. Someone with more experience then me can direct you. Happy cruising!!![emoji4]

Which cruise are you guys on? Were you able to find your roll call?

Thanks - I believe circus is all set, as she registered on the inaugural transatlantic this afternoon.

Yes this is correct. This is always only for travel agents. I was on the one for Escape in 2016 for 2 nights before ut was offical available for passengers for a cruise from Hamburg.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Forums mobile app

Yep. We are on both the TA and the Canal crossing. We have to get off the ship in NY and back on a week later in Miami. It is a fam trip, is what they told us!