RCI cruisers...What would be your "perfect" "dream" itinerary?

My dream would be to cruise all the way around Australia, with a few stops in New Zealand. I would like for it to start in Adelaide so I could visit my son :), go to Melbourne, Sydney, maybe Tazmania, NZ, Darwin, & Perth, with a return to Adelaide!

Sherri:)

Not sure I'd call it a dream, but Celebrity offers one I'd love to see RCI offer, except I'd like to see it out of Port Everglades instead of Port Miami: Miami, Grand Cayman, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao, Key West, Miami - 10 day.

I'd also like to see RCI bring back Panama Canal full transit cruises.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Our plan when we retire in 2045 is to cash in all of our banked sick days and do a cruise around the world. Would love to do that on RC, but unless they started offering it by then, someone else will get that massive chunk of money.

By then they'll be charging us for toilet paper.

By the square. With an unlimited package plan of course.

I would love to see a 12 night out of Venice, that stops in Dubrovnik, Split, Kotor, Ljubljana (Koper), Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu and Rhodes (and/or maybe even Albania - I know Cunard do a cruise that includes that as a stop, which sounds different).

For cruises out of the UK, I'd just like more choices on ships - Indy and Navigator again? How many years do we have to be stuck with the same ships? There's a few itineraries on Navigator which don't sound too bad next year, like the one that stops in Alicante, but I'm doing Navigator this year so I don't want to be on the same ship next year as well. Also does every Med cruise have to visit Rome? It takes so long to get thete from Civitavecchia and I've pretty much done everything there is to do in Rome, so I generally stay on board now. Wish they'd switch it with Genoa on some cruises.

This is almost the EXACT itinerary I was going to post! I'd also love to see Istanbul used as an embarkation port again with cruises going to Cyprus and multiple days in Israel and Egypt (I realize this won't be happening anytime soon but we can always wish).

My dream would be a spring/summer/fall up/down East Coast. This would include Bar Harbor, Me, Boston, New York, Wash. DC, Savannah & other Southern cities.

I would do that, it would be great if they could time the cruise to be in say, Boston, NY, Philly on home baseball afternoon games.

I'd also love to see Istanbul used as an embarkation port again with cruises going to Cyprus and multiple days in Israel and Egypt (I realize this won't be happening anytime soon but we can always wish).

Yes, I'd love to see some Cyprian ports!

This is almost the EXACT itinerary I was going to post! I'd also love to see Istanbul used as an embarkation port again with cruises going to Cyprus and multiple days in Israel and Egypt (I realize this won't be happening anytime soon but we can always wish).

Maybe by 2045, but that might be pushing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My dream itinerary/bucket list itinerary would be the Norwegian fjords combined with theBritish isles and I hope to check this one off the list next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a 12 night British Isles/Norway cruise ten years ago. It was really a fantastic combination of castles, history, beautiful architecture and, of course, breathtaking scenery. Heaven!

My dream itinerary would be to make that a 17 or 18 night cruise with an overnight in Edinburgh and two more stops in Norway. RT from Ireland rather than England.

My dream would be to cruise all the way around Australia, with a few stops in New Zealand. I would like for it to start in Adelaide so I could visit my son :), go to Melbourne, Sydney, maybe Tazmania, NZ, Darwin, & Perth, with a return to Adelaide!

Sherri:)

You can do similar on the Radiance. From Sydney around the top to Perth. From Perth around the bottom to NZ and then to Sydney. (No starts in Adelaide.) We did start in Perth. Great ports!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You can dream all you want but revenue and this guy determines intineraries:

Working for both the Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises brands, Chris Allen, vice president of deployment and itinerary planning, said that itineraries are designed to fit the target audience and guest demographics of each brand, supporting their (brand) pillars.

“We work very closely with the leadership groups of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity to ensure that the itineraries fit with their brand. It is a very collaborative approach,” he added.

“We also look at the revenue potential – tickets, onboard and shore excursions – and balance that against key costs. Fuel continues to be the largest expense. Ultimately we look at what the guest experience will be.

“If guests have a great time, if they want to come back, and if they tell their friends, then we have been successful.”

“We are looking as far as 10 years out,” he continued. “Before we even order a ship, we have an idea where that ship will be deployed.”

allen_dropquote-fill-800x418.jpg

The planning function ranges from minute details to the big picture. “Our team can go from the granular level, like should we depart St. Thomas at 5:00 or 5:30 pm and should we go to St. Maarten or St. Kitts. We go from that level of details, making $10,000 adjustments, to a billion dollar chessboard where we move Oasis-class ships around, and where we are going to place our future newbuildings,” he explained. “We are looking at the broad, strategic decisions as well as the micro decisions.”

Among new developments, this spring, Royal Caribbean will be launching Alaska service with the Ovation of the Seas, which will be dividing her time seasonally between Alaska and Australia.

Later this spring, Royal Caribbean will be introducing the Perfect Day at CoCoCay, after a $200 million transformation of its private island destination in the Bahamas.

“We expect to have 14 ships calling and 2 million guests at CoCoCay for the 2020-2021 season,” Allen said. “We are leveraging Perfect Day throughout the Caribbean for our entire portfolio of itineraries, whether ships are sailing from Southeast Florida, Tampa, Port Canaveral, Galveston, Baltimore or Cape Liberty. All those ships will have the opportunity to call at CoCoCay.”

Royal Caribbean is also upping its game in the short cruise market, with the Mariner from Port Canaveral and the Navigator from Miami, as well as the Independence seasonally from Port Everglades.

For Celebrity in 2020, the new Apex will first sail a brief season out of Southampton before spending the summer in the Mediterranean on mostly seven-night cruises, alongside the Edge, which will have a core program of 10- and 11-night sailings.

“We are expanding the choices and variety of cruises for Celebrity,” Allen said. “Also in the Mediterranean will be the Infinity and the Constellation, and this means one more incremental ship for Celebrity in Europe in 2020.

“Because the Constellation and Infinity are smaller, a lot of their itineraries are concentrated around Venice given the capacity limits there preventing larger ships from calling.”

In Northern Europe, Celebrity will sail the Reflection and Silhouette for the summer.

This fall will see Royal Caribbean returning to the Eastern Mediterranean, calling in Kusadasi, Haifa and Ashdod, and both brands are slated to be back with more calls in 2020.

On the other side of the globe, the new Spectrum of the Seas is being based year-round in Shanghai, while the Quantum moves to Tianjin for the summer season and to Singapore for the winter. “Having these ships in China reinforces our position in the market and region as other brands have vacillated on their position,” Allen said.

“We have also experimented with expanding our itineraries out of China. When we first started up the average cruise length was a little more than four nights. Over time we have added seven- and eight-night cruises, reaching the east coast of Japan and also Vladivostok. By opening up more ports, we are broadening the appeal of our itineraries in the region both for first timers and repeat cruisers.”

Celebrity is also building up its capacity in Australia for 2020-2021 with the Eclipse to be based out of Melbourne and the Solstice from Sydney.

“The itineraries speak to the different target markets for each brand,” Allen noted. 

Edited by Biker19

Combining a Western and Southern cruise: begin in Miami, down to the ABC's, then over to Roatan, Cozumel and Grand Caymans. Add in Co Co Cay when finishing up before returning to Miami. I want to snorkel those reefs until I'm too old to do it anymore... 

• Like 1

My thinking seems to be a bit different than the others on this topic.  

My dream itinerary would be any where the Diamond Lounge is located on deck 1, pool deck chair hogs are detained in the naughty room, people dress for formal night the way they do on Cunard and the ribeye at Chops tastes like the one I get at Ruth's Chris.