alaud

Wine prices on adonia

Any one who has sailed on the Fathom Adonia, what are wine prices like? Is there are house wine by the bottle? Does it pay to bring your own wine :)?

Any one who has sailed on the Fathom Adonia, what are wine prices like? Is there are house wine by the bottle? Does it pay to bring your own wine :)?

Well, I believe you are allowed one bottle - drink it in your cabin and no charge, but take it to the dining room and there is a corkage fee. I don't remember if you're allowed additional bottles with the mandatory fee or not. (I do know it's a case where solos get messed over because someone could be traveling with someone who doesn't drink and that person still gets a bottle allowance, so the drinker gets 2. But fathom isn't the only line that does it per person rather than per stateroom - and come to think of it, the other one I have cruised on that does it is under the Carnival umbrella, so...)

I got a glass with dinner a couple of nights because I didn't have a chance to go anywhere and get a bottle (and the place I thought I could had it in their merch area but couldn't sell it, so go figure that one out) and TBH I don't remember the cost per glass. I remember the Glass House was out of my price range.

From the boarding pass:

Thank you for observing our carry-on alcohol policy. As a reminder, adult passengers are permitted to bring one

750ml bottle of wine or champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in

the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $20 corkage fee each,

irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, or beers are not permitted. Please

remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.

Note that you are allowed to purchase rum in the ports and bring it onto the ship for personal consumption in your cabin.

Officially, the policy is as stated above. However when I was aboard for a DR sailing in October you could have brought the entire winery aboard and nothing would have been said. Fathom is a much more adult line then the rest of the Cost Cutting Cruise Lines brands.

Officially, the policy is as stated above. However when I was aboard for a DR sailing in October you could have brought the entire winery aboard and nothing would have been said. Fathom is a much more adult line then the rest of the Cost Cutting Cruise Lines brands.

At embarkation or in port? I know on the Cuba one they didn't care in port. I don't know about embarkation because as I said above I got in late the night before and as embarkation was Christmas there was no place to get anything.

We were on in October. I had a glass of red wine one night with dinner. If I remember correctly, I think it was $6.50. I do remember that the alcohol prices were a little less than Carnival. They were about equivalent to drink prices where we live, Atlanta. We brought on two bottles of wine and never opened the second. We bring our own coffee mugs (tervis) with us, and if we want to have some of our wine in a lounge listening to music, we just put it in the tervis. I bought 4 bottles of wine at Chocal and had no problem bringing them on board; didn't open them, but could have. Have a great cruise ... we leave Sunday ... excited!

We found the wine prices quite reasonable compared to other cruiselines in all categories and something for everyone. We brought 4 bottles on embarkation (checked luggage) & nothing was said. The wine classes with Mike (sommelier/wine steward) were excellent. We highly recommend. Enjoy!

We brought a bottle of wine each on board no problem. No corkage fee for opening in the main dining room. If you want to purchase wine, prices started at $25 and went up from there.

We were on a sailing Last July (2016) and brought 5 bottles of wine and nothing was said. Given the fact that we had a bottle with dinner every night we wound up buying a few more - prices were reasonable. It is true that you could bring back Duty Free in Amber Cove for in cabin consumption, but we are not spirits drinkers so that didn't really appeal. (However, if you are you can buy mixers at the "crew" store just beyond the pool area at Amber Cove so that you have mixers.)

• Thanks. I assume that there was a corkage charge?[YOU

No - there was not.