Joe12

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Bob. New today on UK site.

Book by November 6th,

Free deluxe drinks package,

Second guest 50% off.

Third and fourth guest 25% off.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Symphony £5500 for ocean view balcony and drinks package for 7 nights with D+ balcony discount no flight's included in September 2018.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like more details revealed on Royal Caribbean Blog dot com. Not sure if Sabor will replace the nightclub like on Liberty/Freedom but Izumi is coming.

I would bet money that the nightclub is going, one way or another.

• 1 month later...
Very disappointed - looks like we're booked on the last cruise before the refurb - a five night western Caribbean out of Port Everglades 3/29 - 4/3/17.

Bah.

We are considering this cruise also but after reading all the reviews about this ship being in need of refurbishment we are now rethinking. I am also worried they might cancel this cruise if they want to get into dry dock earlier. Do not know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am confident that RCCL will honor it's commitment to sail on these dates. Cruisers in my family with 10+ voyages with them bear that out. Just thinking we were hoodwinked a bit by the Concierge Lounge reservation agent. Got sucked in because of the comp`d unexpected massive upgrade from a balcony stateroom to the Aquarius Suite on the Brilliance last April.

Just another question I need to ask before making a deposit next time. We will go with a positive attitude & have a great time. Have to because I've booked the flight to FLL and the pre-cruise hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
They hold the nightclub function up in VIking Crown.

They are getting rid of the club so they can cease serving drink and shut the ship down at midnight. They are being drunk out of house and home due to abuse of the unlimited drinks packages. They are also getting rid of the club because they don't want groups of younger people travelling together and the staff working till 4am in the morning.

I would bet money that the nightclub is going, one way or another.

That would be a mistake I think what they have to do is to make sure that people can drink if they want to and have sufficent venues to do this in comfort. You take away a club for 100 plus people you are going to have a problem. On the NCL Epic I couldn't get a drink anywhere on the ship every bar was full with 4000 people onboard. I was surprised at the indy it didn't feel full we never had a probem getting seated at any of the venues the ship was full add more cabins and take away venues you are going to run into problems. I think the are also aiming away from younger travellers aiming purely after families and older couples only. Another big mistake.

Edited by ace2542

if they do it like the liberty , if you are a diamond plus , then you will be screwed big time as

though that level does not exist at all. hated the liberty for that reason and have been on both recently.

on liberty ,the nite club is gone , the concierge lounge is gone , the library is gone. they have a new suite and pinnacle club only, however jr suite people are not allowed. all onbard perks for dinning at breakfast & lunch as well as preferred seating for anything is for suite and pinnacles only. like I said, diamond plus does not exist on this ship.

on liberty ,the nite club is gone , the concierge lounge is gone , the library is gone. they have a new suite and pinnacle club only, however jr suite people are not allowed. all onbard perks for dinning at breakfast & lunch as well as preferred seating for anything is for suite and pinnacles only. like I said, diamond plus does not exist on this ship.

Sounds like what they have done on Harmony.

What is the DL like on Liberty?.

got off liberty on 11/05. the cl lounge was like a zoo. no place to sit , to loud to talk to anyone and line for drinks

was so long that if you got one then good luck getting another. the card room was fitted with a key card lock and

that was the suite lounge. the original concierge was still there but turned into the card room.