Classic Package Change

TommyD3

Great to hear about your real life experience.

Did you order any drinks over the limit and just pay the difference?

Is it possible that Celebrity has not implemented the new Classic package on the Equinox?

WE ordered many mudslides (kahlua, amaretto,vodka, cream.) Neither Amaretto or Kahlua are on classic package, but were served at no extra cost.

The "fountain only" downgrade is an obscene ripoff. I only drink caffeine-free diet sodas, none of which are in fountains.

I called Celebrity and was told that my only option to get those is to upgrade to Premium. If I were to order one, I would have to pay full price

Being able to buy all the cocktails, wine, and beer I want yet being charged full price for a soda I can actually drink is beyond the pale.

I agree 100%. Unbelievable that I can drink as much ( more expensive)alcohol as I wish but can't get a cheapo can of soda without upgrading to the premium package

If you have the premium package, don't bother with the wine list (even if you can get one).

Talk to your sommelier, explain what kind of wine you like, and that you want to keep it in the package range.

They can usually find something you will like. There are a lot of nice wines that are available by the glass that are not listed anywhere.

Happy hunting.

Thanks for your advice. However, on our last Reflection cruise the wine "stewards" just pointed at what was on the dinner menu. They offered no suggestions and showed no flexibility.

We just returned from a cruise on the Celebrity Summit.....We had the Classic Package and it did state on the chart that we were entitled to fountain soda,not cans. My wife drank canned coke cola all week and was not charged a penny for it. If you go to a station like the grill on the pool deck they do not have a fountain dispenser and will gladly hand you a canned soda. If you go to the bars once my wife got a fountain cola and said it was not bad but next time asked for a can,showed the bartender her card and asked if there is a charge and was told"No charge" with a smile. Also, to make sure you were not charged each evening in our cabin I would check my up to date billing on the interactive tv channel to make sure no surprise charges showed up.