What do you see in this photo

caribill

There used to be a kids cartoon called Oswald. Oswald was basically a big blue globe with tentacles at the bottom that worked like legs. He had a pet dog named Weiner. The voice for Oswald was the actor Fred Savage. Anyway, if you Google it you will see that Oswald was obviously the model for this design.

gp-sweeps-640x420.jpg

To me it looks like a giant whale attacking.

I DO see that as well. I like it! :DFunny, now my initial negative impression of the Sea Witch log's painted on the side is not quite so negative anymore! LOL ;p

Looking at it I focus in on the blue pain first. I see a angry shark/whale or a pac man. Knowing that it is sea witch, I then have to look for her. I don't see her unless I really look.

Maybe if they put some eyes on the sea witch,then I would be able to focus in and see the sea witch better?

I can't figure out how to upload a pic to CC that doesn't exist online, so I'll just tell you that I used some photo editing software and simply filled in the white area from the top of the sea witch to the bottom along the very front of the ship and then colored in those two white specs that look like eyes and it looks a lot better. At least it looks less threatening.

Disclaimer: I never got higher than a 'C' in Art in my life.

I can't figure out how to upload a pic to CC that doesn't exist online, so I'll just tell you that I used some photo editing software and simply filled in the white area from the top of the sea witch to the bottom along the very front of the ship and then colored in those two white specs that look like eyes and it looks a lot better. At least it looks less threatening.

Disclaimer: I never got higher than a 'C' in Art in my life.

But then, doesn't it look like a giant blue mustache?

FWIW, any art can look bad from different angles. The new livery is meant to be most pleasing from the side.