All things msc seaview

Fostelo

Finished my cruise on MSC Seaview last Friday in Barcelona. We were in an Aurea balcony cabin on deck 9 (the one with the large balconies). The cruise itself was fantastic. Food excellent, myChoice dining was brilliant. Entertainment was great.

My one quibble I must say is the extended balcony we had. I personally felt it was crap and way worse than a normal balcony. The seats are miles from the edge so all you can really see is an expanse of green painted metal deck in front of you. You feel very far removed from the sea. If you move out to the edge then there are 8 decks of people above you looking straight down on you and worse...they drop things. The balcony was constantly dirty with crap dropped/blown off balconies above.

Yes, you have to lilos out there, but we never used them due to the issues mentioned above and anyway there were loads available throughout the ship even when it was full.

Also, for a ship designed to "bring you close to the sea", you are quite a long way from it. The attached photo from the edge of our balcony..and as you can see you are looking down on more deck and part of the roof of the buffet going out quite a way further. Not exactly "pretty".

This is a very specific gripe about this type of cabin though.

Overall it was great and the ship is fantastic. Kids (both 10) loved it and both want to book for next year again.

IMG_1117.thumb.JPG.590aa93ba217749ad195efec3027f127.JPG

Edited by Ludo1973

Hi kaz. Im not the type to do excursions so i only get off ship when close to town, love a wander. Some of our group did do pompei, although i did think they were very reasonably priced. Done the hop on hop off in malta €20 and stopped at the blue lagoon for a hour or so it was beautiful. Also done the hop on hop off in Barcelona but just took in the sights. Aquarium in genoa is right beside where the ship docks and was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Take the hop on hop off red route you can do it through msc or for a bit more fun take the horse and cart to the top of the hill and jump on it at the monument. It was €20 and the red route is 3 hours in total so we stayed on until we got to the blue lagoon there’s a bus every 30mins we stayed at blue lagoon about an hour and jumped back on then we got off in sliema for some drinks and some retail therapy[emoji23] really nice place aswell and then took bus back to Valletta got the little one a mc Donalds and got back on ship. Probably best day in port [emoji1303]

Hey bea I’m going to have to change my dates on my upcoming cruises to mid August. So before i ring and change i was looking at different room categories [emoji85] and came across an angled corner balcony suite at the front of bellissima with aurea package and on seaview the front corner grand suites with aurea package and was wondering if you, dave or anyone has any knowledge of these rooms. Any info appreciated and the reason i started with you bea is because the sail date for seaview would be the 31st august [emoji4]

Martin ... We have one of the Forward curved balconies on Meraviglia Xmas 2019 on deck 12, these are the biggest of the Forward Aurea balconies and have a whirlpool bath.

There are a couple of videos on YouTube of the deck 13 and 10 of these suites.

The current Wellness GS on Seaview and Seaside will also become Aurea next year, again there are photos and videos on YouTube.

Hey bea I’m going to have to change my dates on my upcoming cruises to mid August. So before i ring and change i was looking at different room categories [emoji85] and came across an angled corner balcony suite at the front of bellissima with aurea package and on seaview the front corner grand suites with aurea package and was wondering if you, dave or anyone has any knowledge of these rooms. Any info appreciated and the reason i started with you bea is because the sail date for seaview would be the 31st august [emoji4]

Glad Dave rowed in ... I have no idea about the cabins on either ship (was only in YC on Meraviglia and haven't familiarised myself with the deck plans of either class ship :rolleyes:).

It would be terrific if you considered doing Seaview (I'm assuming you're referring to 2019 :confused:)

So my plans are bellissima 23/8/19 for 7 nights angled balcony suite aurea package disembark for an overnight stay in Barcelona then board seaview 31/8/19 for 7 nights GS with 2 bedrooms at the front corner with aurea package. All i need to do is ring them in the morning[emoji85]. I’ve checked online and these are available right now [emoji4]

Martin ... Assuming Seaview is the same as Seaside, there are only 3 GS with 2 bedrooms and are those in the centre front of the ship.

14001, the others are 12001 and 11001 I think.

That is absolute correct, according to the 2019 deck plans these are the only 3 Two Bedroom Grand Suites on MSC Seaview.

Hi all,

We're a family of 4 sailing Seaview in 13 days time :-) We're super excited as you can imagine.

I've been trying to find scans of the Seaview menus but haven't come across them yet. I'm hoping they're out there somewhere.

Specifically I'm looking for the specialty menus, but would also love to see some examples of the MDR menus.

Thanks

Jon