Private excursions in Europe.

Dolphin-dan

So, I'll be going on the Norwegian getaway to the Baltics. The cruise excursions are crazy expensive and my friend who is going also suggested we find private tours. So, are there any private tours? If so, what are some good websites to book them, and do you think it's a good idea to book private tours instead of the cruise ones.

The ports are Berlin, Tallinn, st. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm.

Dan, besides doing research over on the Ports of Call board, you should join your Roll Call (if you haven't done do already). That's where others on your cruise will be looking for people to fill private tours, and you can do the same.

Have a great trip!

We used the roll call for our Baltic cruise and found several options of small groups that were very budget friendly, plus they reduce the cost if you book more than one tour. When we did our Med cruise we splurged on private drivers in most ports and that was also a great way to see everything. For the Baltics we are trying small group instead, but each of the groups we looked into also do private driver options.

I loved Alla Tours for St. Petersburg! Best excursion I have ever done. Both days were packed with sites and different types of transportation. I have recommended them to other friends and they have been thrilled too.

I loved Alla Tours for St. Petersburg! Best excursion I have ever done. Both days were packed with sites and different types of transportation. I have recommended them to other friends and they have been thrilled too.

We have booked Alla for tours in St Petersburgh (2 days), Berlin, and post Cruise in Copenhagen for the July 18 sailing out of Copenhagen

I'm booked with Alla Tours for all the ports of my upcoming cruise in the Baltics. They've been incredibly helpful with all the arrangements. There are several other operators being used in our roll call as well, who sound pretty good. They're all detailed in the Baltic ports forum.

Except for st. Petersburg you are easily able to so all excursions in your own. Ports are mostly near the City Center or next to public Transport. At St. Petersburg there are many recommended and reliable private tour companies mentioned at cruise critics. Their tours included more than ship excursions and are less than half of the price.