Royal Princess to move to California?

cruzrbachoua

Which airport do you fly into to get to the Long Beach cruise port? Is it a short cab or Uber ride to the port? Scheduled shuttle bus services available?

Thank you.

I live < 6 miles from Long Beach Airport/LGB. Depending on the market LGB can be quite a bit more expensive than LAX and there are a lot fewer flights, hence a lot fewer non-stops if those things matter to you.

IMO Orange County Airport//SNA is no better than LAX.

I live < 6 miles from Long Beach Airport/LGB. Depending on the market LGB can be quite a bit more expensive than LAX and there are a lot fewer flights, hence a lot fewer non-stops if those things matter to you.

IMO Orange County Airport//SNA is no better than LAX.

We flew into LAX and out of LGB last month off the Ruby. $90-DEN-SWA.

Beat the heck out of LAX. :cool:

Oh did she tell you when they are to be released? Normally there was someone on CC that would post the spreadsheet they got from their TA...but perhaps they got in trouble as the last release they didn't have the info...

I think she said the 26th, but don't hold me to that......

Lynn

Ohhhh yeah! I think princess normally opens new stuff Wednesdays or Thursday so that sounds about right and i think they are supposed to be releasing majestic in NZ next week as well. ...hmm perhaps i will search on here to see if anyone has that spreadsheet. .

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Ohhhh yeah! I think princess normally opens new stuff Wednesdays or Thursday so that sounds about right and i think they are supposed to be releasing majestic in NZ next week as well. ...hmm perhaps i will search on here to see if anyone has that spreadsheet. .

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Have you seen this Majestic NZ/AUS itinerary information that is scheduled to be released for bookings on 4/24 at 1600 PDT?

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/PC_2018_2019AustraliaNewZealandSouthPacificReference.pdf?cid=brand_email_info_internal_programrelease_destnews_se7sp007_170415_australia,newzealand,southpacific

Just saw this on the CC news page...

Majestic Princess' Australian itineraries, along with the line's entire 2018/19 season will go on sale to the public on 27 April 2017

Wanted to let you know as you had posted 4/24...not sure which date to believe, but wanted to give you the heads up!

Just saw this on the CC news page...

Majestic Princess' Australian itineraries, along with the line's entire 2018/19 season will go on sale to the public on 27 April 2017

Wanted to let you know as you had posted 4/24...not sure which date to believe, but wanted to give you the heads up!

Thanks although based on the Princess email CC may not be accurate in the US & I should have "refreshed" my memory by reading the email again before incorrectly posting 4/24. :o

"We are pleased to announce the 2018 – 2019 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program which opens for booking and securing group allocations on April 26, 2017 at 4:00 pm PT".

Although based on the order of the date being 27 April 2017 that's probably the date Downunder because 1600 PDT on 4/26 is 0900 on 4/27 in Sydney. ;)

I'm enjoying this thread. It does seem like the Royal is coming to the West Coast. As soon as bookings are available I will be booking. It doesn't matter to me where the embarkation port is, as none are that far from me. 2019 is going to be a great cruise year for me. :D:D:D

I'm enjoying this thread. It does seem like the Royal is coming to the West Coast. As soon as bookings are available I will be booking. It doesn't matter to me where the embarkation port is, as none are that far from me. 2019 is going to be a great cruise year for me. :D:D:D

Me too because I can use planes, trains or automobiles to SF or SD. :D

Yes, the Royal is going to the West Coast. She will start doing the Mexican Riviera 7 day RT out of Los Angeles on 23 March 2019 before repositioning up to Vancouver on May 4. Her last 7 day Caribbean is 26 January 2019.

She does not show up on the Panama Canal routes, so I think it is safe to say she will do something in South America on her way to California. I do believe the time span is longer than a direct repo (FLL-LA), although they could do something similar to the Island 60 day in Jan. 2018. I do not have the South America schedule to confirm.

If you want more dates or info on the upcoming schedules, contact your Travel Agents-they have the schedules.

Edited by cherylandtk

We live dead center on the west coast and are so excited about the news! As we get older, flying long distances has lost it's appeal. We can always do Mexico, Hawaii, or coastal. We enjoy those cruises, and have repeated them many times.

I do, however, I have a few concerns:

1. How is the Royal going to fit under the Lion's Gate bridge?

2. How are they going to fill the ship? This has been an ongoing problem for other ships on the west coast.

It makes me think that HAL may be pulling out of the west coast. Celebrity did so within the last few years.

We live dead center on the west coast and are so excited about the news! As we get older, flying long distances has lost it's appeal. We can always do Mexico, Hawaii, or coastal. We enjoy those cruises, and have repeated them many times.

I do, however, I have a few concerns:

1. How is the Royal going to fit under the Lion's Gate bridge?

2. How are they going to fill the ship? This has been an ongoing problem for other ships on the west coast.

It makes me think that HAL may be pulling out of the west coast. Celebrity did so within the last few years.

According to nautical cities it is under 200'.