R.M.S. Titanic

Dare I remind those who may be interested that this is the evening that the guests of the Titanic and their ship met its, and their, fatefull early end of her Maiden Voyage?

Tragic without a doubt, but their lost lives and the loss of this ship has led to changes in the regulations and rules that make our travels upon the seas more safe today.

May all of the lost crew and passengers of R.M.S. Titanic rest in peace.

There's a new special on the Smithsonian Channel tomorrow night that is supposed to show that the coal fire that was active since before they left Southampton may have done more to sink her than an iceberg.

There's a new special on the Smithsonian Channel tomorrow night that is supposed to show that the coal fire that was active since before they left Southampton may have done more to sink her than an iceberg.

Thanks for the tip. I just checked and the show is also running tonight (4/14/17) here in LA at 10:00pm on the Smithsonian channel.

There are a bunch of documentaries today on the Discovery channel. I wonder if one of them is the same as the Simthsonian one as I don't get that channel over here :/

Probably one of them.

Thanks for the tip. I just checked and the show is also running tonight (4/14/17) here in LA at 10:00pm on the Smithsonian channel.

The one last night (the 14th), is actually from 2001. The new one tonight is called "Titanic's Final Mystery". I'm recording all of them, plus the Lusitania and Queen Mary shows that are on today also.

My DVR is set for all of these and will provide for a bunch of viewing next week. (Tomorrow will be a bit busy with Easter dinner, etc.)

Thanks for the update.