tbmrt

Ocean Grill food and reservations

Is Ocean Grill usually busy? Wondering if I should make reservations early in trip? Food much better than regular restaurant?

I did not eat there as like the rest of the ship gluten-free options were few and far between, but it seems like they probably have issues filling it between 6:30 and 7:30 as every day in the Soundings there was a note that reservations between those times got a free bottle of wine.

[quote name='tbmrt']Is Ocean Grill usually busy? Wondering if I should make reservations early in trip? Food much better than regular restaurant?[/quote]

We had a voucher for a free meal for two in the Ocean Grill. Unfortunately I waited a couple of days before making a reservation and it was pretty much booked up. We ended up getting a reservation for the last night. The food in the main dining room (Pacific Restaurant) was, sadly, not very good. After two nights we stopped going there. We got the rest of our dinners from the buffet. It was, for the most part, the same food as the Pacific Restaurant and at least we could look at it first and also go grab something different if it disappointed. By contrast, the Ocean Grill was much better, but that bar was pretty low.

Pbenjamin, were you trying for a time other than the 6:30-7:30 timeframe that writtenonyourheart just mentioned? I'm thinking that better food and a free bottle of wine could get my attention!

I called on Monday and was told that the only available times at any hour were on Wednesday and Saturday.

The Ocean Grill has been fairly busy this week. We had dinner there on Wednesday night and it was full. We were disappointed in the meal so we cancelled our subsequent reservation. So far, we have found the buffet to be our best option, always can find a couple dishes that are good.