Cruise Critic Community
60andhappy

Self Serve Laundry aboard Viking Ocean Ships

On 2/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Karry66 said:

I may be late to this conversation, but I always use wool dryer balls (Amazon). I pack 2 and they have no scent and reduce static electricity. About the size of tennis balls so easy to squeeze into luggage and “toss” at the end of our cruise.

Any brand you recommend? Just looked Amazon and there seem to be a number ot brands on sale. Thanks!

I just use a couple of regular ol' tennis balls in my dryer at home.  They seem to work fine though might be a little noisier banging around in the dryer than specialized dryer balls would be.

Wool Dryer Balls, by LouisChoice, Natural Wool Made, Organic Dryer Balls, Reusable, Large Size, Pack of 6

What to bring if you are using the laundry:  Stain remover like Shout, Color Catchers by Shout, dryer sheets, mesh bags for delicates and a small spray bottle for water to mist out wrinkles.

1 hour ago, Jazmyn49 said:

What to bring if you are using the laundry:  Stain remover like Shout, Color Catchers by Shout, dryer sheets, mesh bags for delicates and a small spray bottle for water to mist out wrinkles.

Everything except the dryer sheets. They are an issue for people with sensitive skin and issue with perfume smells. The sheets leave a residue on the dryer drum, which then gets on the clothing of the next few people to use the machine.