Coco Cay news - waterpark and ability to stay overnight

I would suggest to Royal to stop with all the new fancy ships and construction changes on the private islands and concentrate on bringing back their prime gourmet dining experience. The main dining room food experience has gone down hill on the ships and the nickel and diming for all the little extras are just getting out of hand. We were very disappointed on our last 2 cruises. We've loved Royal since 1993 but their sending us away, looking for other alternatives. Sad :(

Can't stop it. 30 years ago no families or kids on Royal. Private Islands were undeveloped, changes been added every few tears. At least cruising is cheaper then back then, alot! Even with the extra charges still costs less...

According to a post on another CMB royal will have separate fees for the new private island attractions in 2019. Anyone have additional intel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The article I read basically told me they we going to make it a lot like Labadee. There have been lots of pay for extras there for years. Never stopped us from having a great time at the multiple free beaches and what’s very nice is that if you have a beverage package, it works there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would suggest to Royal to stop with all the new fancy ships and construction changes on the private islands and concentrate on bringing back their prime gourmet dining experience. The main dining room food experience has gone down hill on the ships and the nickel and diming for all the little extras are just getting out of hand. We were very disappointed on our last 2 cruises. We've loved Royal since 1993 but their sending us away, looking for other alternatives. Sad :(

Why would they?

When they are filling almost every sailing with their current policies.

You want an upscale experience, pick another line. But sit down before pricing.

People forget that things cost money. You either pay a higher cruise price, or you pay ala carte. But you DO pay.

I would say the same thing about airline travel. Bring back food in economy. But the people have spoken. They book cheaper flights, with no food.

As long as they keep the chill part separate from the thrill part, what's the problem? Might make the beach experience more relaxing by moving many people away from the beach and to the water park. Anyone seen an overlay of what will be where on a real map of the island? The animated link that Biker included sure doesn't look like the actual island.

As long as they keep the chill part separate from the thrill part, what's the problem? Might make the beach experience more relaxing by moving many people away from the beach and to the water park. Anyone seen an overlay of what will be where on a real map of the island? The animated link that Biker included sure doesn't look like the actual island.

Didn't seem to work that way at Labadee.

Anyone else sad about the commercialization of Coco Cay? I just reviewed the overview site. Now it looks like a tropical resort. There used to be a desolate area near one end of the island. We would walk past the lookout tower and the bathroom hut to a quiet empty beach with knee deep water for 100 yards. :(I don't think my favorite quiet part of the island will be there anymore. Now it appears to be just a big water park.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,.

From my point its what you take out of this. We just left CocoCay the other day.

To me nothing that you have used before will change.

Everything they are building is in another location where we never went before. You can get off the boat without a tender and I love this and if you are like me go to the beach and relax without spending a dime at the park.

It will not change and still be free so I see no change just less people where i want to go and more playing in the parks.

I still see a relaxing day as we always have had there.

Take it as you want but we love to go and just sit near the water no change there.

have fun.

Hi All,.

From my point its what you take out of this. We just left CocoCay the other day.

Everything they are building is in another location where we never went before. You can get off the boat without a tender and I love this and if you are like me go to the beach and relax without spending a dime at the park.

It will not change and still be free so I see no change just less people where i want to go and more playing in the parks.

Take it as you want but we love to go and just sit near the water no change there.

have fun.

It will change. Back in the 1980's when Labadee first opened had no Pier, no buildings, no locals selling their wares, very Rustic. Ships were smaller at most have 500-1500 onshore. They built the Pier having 2 ships there on some days. Coco Cay will do the same at times having 2 larger ships there on some days. Imagine 10000 passengers there. Busy busy...

It will change. Back in the 1980's when Labadee first opened had no Pier, no buildings, no locals selling their wares, very Rustic. Ships were smaller at most have 500-1500 onshore. They built the Pier having 2 ships there on some days. Coco Cay will do the same at times having 2 larger ships there on some days. Imagine 10000 passengers there. Busy busy...

For sure it will be busy. They are building so much stuff with price tags on use, they have to have ships there every day they can. Profit$$$$ is the key. Not that what they are doing is not nice and allows options over just a lazy quiet day at the beach.

very doubtful that would happen. Haven't heard that many people on Labadee. Wouldn't expect here either

very doubtful that would happen. Haven't heard that many people on Labadee. Wouldn't expect here either
Nobody expected 6000 passenger cruise ships 10 years ago.

Labadee doesn't have these kind of facilities

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They have some sections of pier complete with top platform

starting at shore of course. Surprised me how low off the

water it will be....a few feet at most...going to be a wet walk

with winter east winds....as stated, no breakwater.

There yesterday...back again next week, will get some closeups.

Anyone else sad about the commercialization of Coco Cay? I just reviewed the overview site. Now it looks like a tropical resort. There used to be a desolate area near one end of the island. We would walk past the lookout tower and the bathroom hut to a quiet empty beach with knee deep water for 100 yards. :(I don't think my favorite quiet part of the island will be there anymore. Now it appears to be just a big water park.

I'm sad about it too. We much preferred our first trip to Labadee when it didn't have the pier, and didn't have all the development it has now. I fear the same thing will happen with Coco Cay. :(

Didn't seem to work that way at Labadee.

oh yes it does. We have been to Labadee many times. Go to Nellie's Beach for the day. Totally relaxing. We see no water toys or anything like that. Quiet and peaceful day at the beach. You have to find your "place". We found ours years ago and go to the same place all the time

Yes, you can enjoy all the bells and whistles, but if you don't want to, you are fine

CocoCay will be the same. Our part of the beach is going to be the same. I don't have to go near the improvements if I don't want to. We will check it out, the free areas, but we won't pay for anything that is extra. To us, CocoCay is all about laying on the beach and chilling out for the day

Hi All,.

have fun.

..See, I agree with you. we go to Cococay to lay on the beach and relax. That will still be there. For me, having a dock is a Huge plus, so now we won't miss one of our favorite places as often

..See, I agree with you. we go to Cococay to lay on the beach and relax. That will still be there. For me, having a dock is a Huge plus, so now we won't miss one of our favorite places as often

Seems they will also have a large lagoon pool and many other new amenities at no extra charge as well.... the horror!! :D