Cancelled ;-(

slidergirl

Well, even though most HALs here don't consider this a real cruise...

A family medical crisis has come up since Thursday. I had to cancel my quickie Eurodam Coastal cruise. I would have flown out today. I did have trip insurance (yes, even for this one), so I did not lose any money in it. I was expecting to not get back what I had pre-purchased for onboard but HAL refunded everything. So, the money will go back into the vacation fund.

I just wanted to thank everyone who was so helpful in giving me the information I needed/wanted to make my once-a-year vacation something I looked forward.

I will have to look at doing this next year, I guess.

A family medical crisis has come up since Thursday. I had to cancel my quickie Eurodam Coastal cruise. I would have flown out today. I did have trip insurance (yes, even for this one), so I did not lose any money in it. I was expecting to not get back what I had pre-purchased for onboard but HAL refunded everything. So, the money will go back into the vacation fund.

I just wanted to thank everyone who was so helpful in giving me the information I needed/wanted to make my once-a-year vacation something I looked forward.

I hope that the family member will get well quickly. I'm so sorry about your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you had to cancel your cruise.

These things happen. Back in 2010 we had to cancel due to major damage to our house, 2011 had to cancel due to my breaking my wrist the night before we were to fly, 2013 had to cancel due to airports being closed for 5 days due to a major snow storm -- and everything we had pre-purchased for those HAL cruises was refunded to my credit card. HAL is good about that.

Thanks. The family member is my dog. It's just me and him in our family pack. He turned seriously not well last week. We're doing antibiotics and hand-feeding him whatever he'll eat. He goes back into the vet tomorrow to see if he can get further treatment or if I have to let him go. I just couldn't go on a vacation, leaving him with the vet to handle whatever happens.

I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel your cruise and totally understand that you couldn't just walk off and leave the dog.

We had to cancel our cruise last January a few days before we were supposed to fly out because I fell and broke my hip. I encouraged my dad and sister to go without me, but they wouldn't hear of it. Dogs are family members, too.

Very sorry you had to cancel your cruise, and, of couser it is a 'real cruise. You paid, youb ooked, you planned to go. That is quite real .

hop e your dog, (most of us wwould agree a family member, makes a good recov ery Fingers crossed you get good news from the vet tomorrow. Good luck. No way I c ould ever have gone away and left a sick dog. We wouuld have cancelled had one of ours become ill and we were to be out of town.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm so, so sorry your dog is unwell and that you've had to cancel. You know you have made the right choice. Our pets are family and you are doing the right thing. (y)

What kind of dog is he? <3

I know I did the right thing. I could not leave my only "family" at home sick while I went off to have fun.

Even if I received no money back from any part of my trip - I would not have come on the board to complain. I accept any part of the trip, including what would happen if I did have to cancel. Too many come on here and whine about losing their money with a last-second cancellation. I am not a special snowflake who should receive special handling.

My dog is a Golden Retriever.

Last year we cancelled our Med cruise 2 weeks prior to sailing because we adopted a rescue dog and he needed major surgery to rebuild his leg. We didn't even think twice about it. You are a good parent! Your cruise will come at a better time and you will enjoy yourself knowing all is well at home. I hope your baby recovers soon.

My husband and I cancelled a trip less than two weeks ago because of our sick chocolate lab. Insulin shots, multiple pills daily...we just couldn't leave him in a kennel. It doesn't look good for him and we are so sad...

I hope your dog gets better soon.

My husband and I cancelled a trip less than two weeks ago because of our sick chocolate lab. Insulin shots, multiple pills daily...we just couldn't leave him in a kennel. It doesn't look good for him and we are so sad...

I hope your dog gets better soon.

I am that same situation. I keep hoping that tomorrow won't come for us... He is at least enjoying chicken and turkey baby food, bananas, baked sweet potato and the chicken thighs that I bake for him. As much as he loves rice (he'd sit at my side and wait for the occasional "drop" of a spoonful), he won't touch it now. He sees the pills coming and tries to hide...

I hope your dog recovers.

Thanks. The family member is my dog. It's just me and him in our family pack. He turned seriously not well last week. We're doing antibiotics and hand-feeding him whatever he'll eat. He goes back into the vet tomorrow to see if he can get further treatment or if I have to let him go. I just couldn't go on a vacation, leaving him with the vet to handle whatever happens.

OMGosh!!!!!

We sooooo understand!!!! Also with us our baby girl is soo precious to us also! Did not read any further wanted to write you!!!!

They are our babies and so close to us! We love our cocker sooooo much and had a huge scare 2 weeks ago and we rushed her to the vet!!! My CC family here were so caring and helped us through the crisis. She is doing well now. I pray all is well and am happy that your refund was given! A cruise can always be rescheduled, our best friends furry need our attention ASAP! I pray all is well!

Now I will read further!

Denise :)

I'm so sorry to hear that your baby isn't well...I hope the meds kick in and that tomorrow brings better news!

Sending positive thoughts your way. I love golden retrievers so much, they're the best!

I am that same situation. I keep hoping that tomorrow won't come for us... He is at least enjoying chicken and turkey baby food, bananas, baked sweet potato and the chicken thighs that I bake for him. As much as he loves rice (he'd sit at my side and wait for the occasional "drop" of a spoonful), he won't touch it now. He sees the pills coming and tries to hide...

Try putting the pill in a small dab of cream cheese. My dogs all loved the cream cheese and though they knew the pill was in it they couldn't resist and I always got the pills into them.

Try putting the pill in a small dab of cream cheese. My dogs all loved the cream cheese and though they knew the pill was in it they couldn't resist and I always got the pills into them.

Friends used to hid a pill in "snausages" when they had to give meds to their golden.

Slidergirl, I hope your dog gets better quickly. I completely understand your cancellation. We've always considered pets to be family members. If you'd gone on the cruise, you'd have been so worried it would have been a wasted trip. So bank the money and add it to next year's vacation fund and maybe you can fit in a longer cruise then.

I'm so sorry he is this sick <3 I hope he recovers. For administering pills, we make little meatballs out of Royal Canin LOW FAT Canned Gastro food, covering up the pill in the middle. Very easy for a pooch to tolerate, esp if there is a possibility of pancreas or liver involvement. And all our pooches have loved that food.

Sending your pup best wishes for a good recovery!

Edited by VennDiagram