New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

Using Firefox = old website

Using Chrome = new website

Same address. Makes no sense at all.

Cruise Critic did the same thing when they were rolling out the redesign. They're testing browser functionality.

Of course, it sounds like Celebrity should not be testing in a live environment because it doesn't sound ready for primetime. But it's typical development BS: get it 80% functional and then fix the 20% as people encounter issues (and complain). I hate this way of thinking with a passion: it should work 100% in the wild, especially when people are trying to give you money!

New website using a laptop with IE.

Old website using the same laptop with ME.

That's interesting. I get the new site with Google Chrome, and the old website using IE.

I'm glad my online check in is complete and xpress pass is printed. ;p

Watching a Med cruise in October. I checked on my pic running Chrome, and my iPad running IOS, and got the new web site. It tells me there are no regular balconys available. Checked the Celebrity u.k. web site and I stopped counting at 175, that's all balcony categories. Checked online agency and they show all categories available.

I would be embarrassed to put something like this out there for the world to see. This is to basic for it to be missed during testing, if they even did.

I can understand if things are set up a little bit differently.

I cannot understand when I cannot make modifications to my reservation. Good thing I'm departing in 120 days, not catching an airline in 12 hours. You don't release something that presents issues and can negatively affect your revenue and good will. And, I work for a SaaS company.

broken%20new%20design.png

Edited by Z'Loth
Removed http://i.**********/rJbb4MG.png link that was a screen shot of the broken site.

Does the new X site work with iPad??? Nothing happens when I hit "book now" on any cruise.

Sorta.

I was just on with my iMac, checked some reservations, changed a bit of information, bought an excursion with Onboard Credit. Looked for new cruises, started into a sample booking. All quite slick. A few places where the internal links went to their old style pages, but nothing I couldn't work around..

So I logged off, logged back on with my iPad. Very slick, works well for finding a cruise. However, as you say, the Book Now button did not work. A work in progress, but headed in a good direction.

I got in to the new site...I'm sure it will be better in the long run.(CC just changed its site and that took some getting used to!).

a couple of comments...I also got the error when looking at our July cruise (

undefined DAYS UNTIL YOUR undefined

DEPARTING undefined FOR undefined NIGHTS

)

I assume that will get fixed by i.t.

One complaint...Under "my account" it shows my whole birth date...That shouldn't be there as is!

And one comment...It also shows a status bar that visualizes how far I am away from elite plus to zenith...that is DEPRESSING (it is like this) (-elite plus-_________________________________________________________Zenith)

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

LOVE the new look - but how can I access shore excursions, that no longer seems to be an online option :(

To be clear - I can see ALL shore excursions offered for every sailing but not the ones specific to my sailing nor can I sign up for them anymore

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh another error with the new website - when I sent to select how we wanted the bed (together or apart) and went to save the selection it repriced the reservation having it go from $4100 to $7300....for that we'll leave the bed selection alone and just tell the attendant when we arrive on board

If I VPN to the US site, it appears to be down. I get a message saying:

Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly!

The Canadian site is still running, but old version.

Still getting the new website here :(

New system has a payment issue too

Takes payments - issues receipts but doesn't take an authorization on the credit card nor does it post the payment to the invoice....could cause issues because I have a system generated receipt (I went to the old system via IE and made the payment that way in order to get it to correctly post)

Edited by oroszdb

New website apparently also no longer allows you to find the 55+ fare with zero perks!

What a disaster - currently I would never try to do anything with either a new or existing reservation - too much risk of everything disappearing!

And like Celebrity would really be sure to make good on the old lower fare on a disappearing reservation :(

I must have the old website since it's still displaying information about the Demi Lovato concert

HAHAHA!!! YES!!! I find it a little ironic that I think I've seen more ads for the Demi Lovato concert AFTER the concert than I did BEFORE the concert!!

If you want the old website (at least for now) you can just clear your browsers cache. Here's instructions:

Clear site-specific cookies and cache in Chrome

To delete cookies and cache for a specific site in Google Chrome, follow the instructions given below:

• Launch Google Chrome and click on the Menu on the top right corner and click on Settings.
  • Scroll to the bottom and click on “Show advanced settings”.
  • Under Privacy section, click on Content Settings.
  • Under Cookies, click on All cookies and site data. It opens a new window with a list showing all stored cookies and cache.
  • Type the name of the website (for which you want to delete data, ex. Google.com) in the “Search cookies” text box in the top right corner. The list is filtered showing only data from the searched domain.

Now delete individual site data by clicking on the cross at the right side, or clear everything in the filtered list by clicking on the Remove all button. Thus, you can remove cookies and data for specific sites on Chrome.

Clear site-specific data in Firefox

Similar to Chrome, Firefox also provides option for removing site-specific data. Here are the steps required to delete specific cookies on Firefox:

• Open Firefox and go to Firefox Menu >> Options.
  • Go to the Privacy tab. Under History section, click on “remove individual cookies” link in the last line of text. A window labelled Cookies will open.
  • Type the website name in the search box. The cookies matching your search will show up in the list below. Here, you may delete individual cookies by selecting one in the list and clicking the Remove Cookie button.

Alternatively, you may remove all cookies that match your search by clicking on the Remove All Cookies button. Thus, you can remove cookies for specific sites on Firefox.

Clear site-specific data in Internet Explorer

If you use Internet Explorer 7 or above for web browsing, you can also remove site-specific cookies and data. But the process for deleting site data is somewhat different in IE compared to other browsers, and is rather a hidden feature. Note that feature is not available for IE versions below 7.

Site-specific cookies and cache in Internet Explorer can be deleted using F12 Developer Tools. If you are using IE 7, Developer Tools won’t be available by default. You need to download it from the official website. After installing the Developer Tools plugin, it will be available in IE 7 under the tools menu. Developer Tools come preinstalled in Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and 11 can be launched by pressing the F12 key.

So far, I'm not a fan of the new design. Seems like major steps back in terms of usability.

I haven't logged into my account yet, but right off the bat, here are some major annoyances I noticed:

1. "Where can we take you?" cruise search on home page doesn't work. You select the parameters (Departure dates, destinations, ports, etc.) and it returns results that aren't the parameters specified.
  2. When using Find a Cruise, it's much more cumbersome to figure out the itinerary. Before it was a thumbnail image displaying a map of the itinerary and collapsible information with each to read details of the ports and arrival/departure times on one page. Now they have replaced that thumbnail image with a stock image of a beach or other landmark. The only way to view where the ship is sailing is to collapse the Ports drop down which animates the itinerary showing no dates or times. Cool animation, but time consuming. To get any details on dates, you have to use a horizontal scroller below the map that's barely readable. It also shows no details of times, just dates. On the new website it requires many more steps to get information.
  3. Information on state room costs isn't as easily available in the Find a Cruise index.
  4. Comparing state room costs for multiple dates of the same itinerary is difficult as now you have to start the booking process to get pricing information. Want to go back and look at another date? Can't press the back button on your browser as it wipes your search criteria out. In fact the back button doesn't even work on most pages. Hmm, how about getting creative to open different itineraries in different tabs? Nope, that doesn't work either. It seems none of the pages load well in new tabs. How does Celebrity expect the end user to compare prices of different dates? Maybe the compare feature? Nope they left the prices out of the compare tool! Links in the compare tool aren't working as well. What's the purpose of the compare tool currently?

Especially the page that says my DECEMBER 2018 sailing is PAID IN FULL. I think I'll take a screenshot in case they fix that first;p:rolleyes:

If everyone whose bookings is being shown as Paid in Full was to cancel and ask for a refund of the full amount, do you think X might try to fix the problem? :evilsmile:

Oh another error with the new website - when I sent to select how we wanted the bed (together or apart) and went to save the selection it repriced the reservation having it go from $4100 to $7300....for that we'll leave the bed selection alone and just tell the attendant when we arrive on board

This is the best one yet!

Most of the passengers, and probably even the captain, would happily rearrange your beds for only a small fraction of the price Celebrity was going to charge you. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685