Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

argosy

How could I forget to add the spa in my Coral Review?

It was a high point. I guess because I had never used the spa before, I didn't consider it in my format for a cruise review.

Anyway, the Lotus Spa is beautiful. My b/f and I opted for the Hot Stone Massage on a port day because it was less expensive (120 vs 160). This was for a 90 minute massage. What is funny is that while we both loved this; we had different experiences. I believe it is because I had asked my masseuse (Jenni) to concentrate on my shoulders and neck. She let me know that would be fine, but that it would reduce the time spent on other parts, which I was totally fine with...as my neck has been bugging me for months.

It was nothing short of luscious! The hot oil, the hot stones, the soft music, the aromatherapy involved. I can't say enough about it and I considered it totally worth it.
My b/f loved his as well (I think his masseuse was Stacy, but that might not be right). Stacy worked on his arms and hands and did not talk much. Jenni was a delightful New Zealander who had an accent like Kylie Minogue (and even resembled her). Jenni was a talker, and I talked back, just to hear her responses! Ha. I was totally relaxed, and yet having in-depth conversation the whole time, about the ship and her life on it, etc. Very fun. I'm glad my b/f was assigned Staci, because he would not have enjoyed the talking as much as I did.

It was barely short of heaven.

At the end, Jenni did not try to push a single product on me at all, which I appreciated greatly! I asked my b/f if Stacy put him thru a hard sell on products, and he said, "She only asked if I was interested in the oil. I said no, and that was the end of it."

What was especially nice is that Jenni called our cabin later and said she could offer us a 50 minute massage for 50 bucks on Friday, and she would use the hot stones. It would not just be the vanilla body massage. However, I was too busy doing other things on the ship on that day, and I was not able to take advantage of the offer.

My closing statement on the whole thing would be: "Try it, you'll like it."

A massage on board is a great way to cap off a relaxing sea day, thanks for the info.

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
Two MORE open Bookings.
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]