Msc divina review with pics

hockeyguru32

Love your sense of humor! Can't wait to read about your port stops...

Thanks momof4girls AKA Jen but please if your going to type properly on my review the word is spelt humoUr, ya know when in Rome I mean Canada. Next up is our fly in day to FLL, get to MIA somehow what we did in MIA and then THE FUN starts on the beautiful MSC DIVINA

I liked flying Jet Blue they have lots of leg room, and free Direct TV and movies. I passed my time by watching Star Wars Rogue One since May the 4th was approaching on that Friday. I also liked the maps to tell you approximately where you are.

Somewhere over Georgia

20170428_083705_zpsnzm6oxsn.jpg

The Captain came on and announced we were on final approach and over Sarasota at 9:30am

20170428_094542_zps2bg4uofu.jpg

We landed in Fort Lauderdale at 9:54am and then proceeded to get our luggage

20170428_101431_zpsth5vadtz.jpg

We rented a car to get to Miami from the airport. We were in Terminal 4 and had to go to Terminal 1 where all the car rentals are at. You go through the doors from the baggage claim and turun right and follow the signs that say Rental Car Centre Shuttle

20170428_103245_zpsjggplfv6.jpg

We waited in line to get on the shuttle at Terminal and on the bus at 10:40am and at the rental centre at Terminal 1 at 10:44am

The shuttle bus

20170428_103236_zpsnbnelvag.jpg

20170428_103845_zps6cl8wjfv.jpg

We rented from Avis for the day it cost me $68.00 CDN and had unlimited miles and full to full gas service. We were out of the rental area and in the car at 11:15am. My DW bought a new car and when were searching to find the car, to our surprise it was her car exact same make, model and coloUr she bought 2 weeks prior to our trip.

20170428_110225_zps5bmpl2br.jpg

Edited by hockeyguru32

Quick question please . . . We are also flying in to Fort Lauderdale and renting cars to get to Miami. should our entire party ride the rental car shuttle (we are a group of 9 , renting 2 cars ) or should we send only the 2 drivers to get the cars and the others wait at the luggage area ? TIA !

Thanks Jen, Verlander pitched a GEM of a game. Rod Regaze pretty sure that's how his last name is spelled (hooked on phonics) came in the 9th and

BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigers lost 3-2 :') but it was a great game and day ended up almost perfect :D

4 blown saves, 2 in a row, Rod Regaze gotta go!

Quick question please . . . We are also flying in to Fort Lauderdale and renting cars to get to Miami. should our entire party ride the rental car shuttle (we are a group of 9 , renting 2 cars ) or should we send only the 2 drivers to get the cars and the others wait at the luggage area ? TIA !

I would suggest that you all get on the shuttle with your luggage. The reason you're all at the rental centre and when you pick up your car you can leave from there an do not have to go back around the airport to pick up everyone. It will save you a lot of time the airport is a busy place to begin with. Unless you are at Terminal 1 already then it will be easy the car rental and baggage claim is right there

Another car rental question, did you notice if any of the rental companies are on site without a shuttle? I have a reservation for FLL for National and I thought they were on site.

All rental car companies are at Terminal 1. The only time you would not need to take a shuttle is if your flight lands into Terminal 1.

We flew Jet Blue (hey that rhymes) so we landed at Terminal 3. Shuttles are a free service. When you return your car they shuttle you to the Terminal you fly out of at no charge. So yes they are all on site at Terminal 1

Here in the car I feel safest of all I locked all my doors and head to MIA on 95 south. Traffic wasn't to bad on a Saturday afternoon but when you live in a city that takes you 15 minutes to get from one end to the other and that's hitting every light, it was more than I'm use to but I managed and with the GPS was simple to get to the hotel for the night(or so I thought). We stayed at the Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel and Suites at 4100 West Flager Avenue. Not the best of location in my opinion but the hotel was very nice inside, clean and served it's purpose. We got there a little after noon hour and our room wasn't ready. We were expecting that.

So what does one do when the room is not ready?

20170428_123204_zpsd82joizm.jpg

The Bday Girl says let's go shopping.....Yes Dear. So off to the Dolphin Mall we went.

I would like to give you a tip if I could. There are a lot of toll roads around this area so be very careful when you rent a car you are responsible for the tolls and most do not take cash so it will be added to your rental bill along with a fee for the transponder if you use toll roads. What I did is set my GPS to no toll feature and it worked perfectly. It maybe took a bit longer but I didn't have to pay tolls or a transponder the fee.

I was starving so we went for a bite to eat, something fast, cheap and easy again.........and it was

20170428_125452_zps4xilu00a.jpg

DW retail therapy was somewhat painless. I did however find a Harley Davidson store and like I always do when I am in a city visiting I buy at least two T-shirts. One for me and one for DW. So I get the shirts and the girl that helps me says oh since you're buying 2 shirts you can get this duffle bag for a good price. I inquire what is a good price? She says it retails for $95.00 USD and you can get it for $40.00. I said SOLD!!!!!! so a little over a Benjamin later( I think that is the right president for the $100 bill) correct me if I am wrong please. I walk out a happy biker.

Retail therapy was short and sweet and we were back at the hotel at 1:45. Went to the counter and checked in with Danny. You're staying 1 night? Yes we are. Danny apologized for the room not being ready prior. I said not a big deal I knew we were early and I was taking a chance. He then said I have upgrade your room to a suite. Wow thank you so much Danny we appreciate that very much. Oh and with y our upgrade here is a goodie bag and 2 free breakfasts coupons when you leave. Again I thanked Danny for his generosity. I gave him a great review on Trip Advisor.

Up to the 3rd floor we went and entered a very spacious King Suite. Very nice room( taken from corner of bed)

20170428_182842_zpsko2egnpq.jpg

For supper we went to Chick-Fil-Eh one of our favourites when we are in the states as we do not have them in Canada YET. Here's to hoping for one. We just got a Popeyes not to long ago. I'd like to make my US friends a deal reading this. I'll trade you 2 Tim Hortons for 1 Chick-Fil-Eh? Any takers? After supper back to the hotel and retire for the night.

Next up

CRUISE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading your review. Since we sail in 40 days, all the fun info is getting us pretty excited. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks mysticbluebmw. Hopefully I'll be done before you cruise she is a beautiful ship

sent from above

Great review so far . I did have a problem with the pictures at first , but that seems to be working now . Great photos . Anxious to see your ship photos and to hear of your experience .

Thanks for sharing !

Glad you're following thegraminator. Sorry about the pictures I moved them accidentally. I have the hang of it now I think. Lots of ship photos

sent from above

For supper we went to Chick-Fil-Eh one of our favourites when we are in the states as we do not have them in Canada YET. Here's to hoping for one. We just got a Popeyes not to long ago. I'd like to make my US friends a deal reading this. I'll trade you 2 Tim Hortons for 1 Chick-Fil-Eh? Any takers? After supper back to the hotel and retire for the night.

Next up

CRUISE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, there is a Chick-fil-A in the McNamara Terminal at DTW so if you fly out on Delta you can partake! Also there is one at the Somerset Mall in Troy.

HockeyGuru, man I can't wait till you get to the cruise. Awsome review, thanks.

Some things to keep in mind for your next cruise out of Miami:

1. If you rented transport, check out the hotels around Coral Gables. They are just as reasonable but in a much better area, and much better food places.

2. Miami is known for it's international fare. I understand that from your point of view ChickFilet can be considered international, but no. Try some Cuban, or latin American chow. Some "Media Noche", "Arroz con Pollo", "Cuban Frita", or maybe an "Arepa", with some guave pastelitos for desert. It does not cost more than a dried out Whop....er or Dog, and you will be more satisfied.

3. Check out our baseball field. I know we're not the awesome "Tigers" but it will give you a point of reference as to how diverse baseball can be.(we sell dogs too).

4. Give me a heads up and we can hangout with, next time you're in town.

Again, enjoying your review. Post more.

Cheers.

DW retail therapy was somewhat painless. I did however find a Harley Davidson store and like I always do when I am in a city visiting I buy at least two T-shirts. One for me and one for DW. So I get the shirts and the girl that helps me says oh since you're buying 2 shirts you can get this duffle bag for a good price. I inquire what is a good price? She says it retails for $95.00 USD and you can get it for $40.00. I said SOLD!!!!!! so a little over a Benjamin later( I think that is the right president for the $100 bill) correct me if I am wrong please. I walk out a happy biker.

So Guru, what kind of bike do you run?

Cheers.

HockeyGuru, man I can't wait till you get to the cruise. Awsome review, thanks.

Some things to keep in mind for your next cruise out of Miami:

1. If you rented transport, check out the hotels around Coral Gables. They are just as reasonable but in a much better area, and much better food places.

2. Miami is known for it's international fare. I understand that from your point of view ChickFilet can be considered international, but no. Try some Cuban, or latin American chow. Some "Media Noche", "Arroz con Pollo", "Cuban Frita", or maybe an "Arepa", with some guave pastelitos for desert. It does not cost more than a dried out Whop....er or Dog, and you will be more satisfied.

3. Check out our baseball field. I know we're not the awesome "Tigers" but it will give you a point of reference as to how diverse baseball can be.(we sell dogs too).

4. Give me a heads up and we can hangout with, next time you're in town.

Again, enjoying your review. Post more.

Cheers.

Sandpiper I would definitely try the food you're offering sounds awesome, but however the DW isn't as daring as I am when it comes to trying new things, unfortunately. We did see the ball diamond on the way to the hotel and if I was more savvy in my planning the Marlins were playing that night too. However I didn't think DW would like 2 ballgames in a week, I believe one was enough for her liking lol. Thanks for your hospitality we will be visiting MIA in October.

I ride a 05 Road King Classic

GF_zpsswwtdg0x.jpg

That is a righteous ride Guru. Very pretty. I hope you are keeping up with the cam chain tensioners, that is a weak point of the twin 88. Hey we can probably share parts, I acquired a '02 Road King in March, and am trying to bring her back to life. The first thing I had to do was to clean a carb that had been sitting with 3 year old gas in it. Then replace the tensioners that were riding metal-on-metal on the cam chains. But now she is purring with her new SE-203 cams.

Sorry you missed the Marlins maybe next time. It's not a bad little field we have. We even have a roof. Don't now why we always have good hot weather.

So yes hurry up and finish your review we leave on the Divina May 20th and would appreciate the benefit of your advise.

I'll try to post some pics of the RK and a '07 Sporty I've had since 2012. Trying to sell that one since I need my garage back.

So what is going on in October another cruise?

Cheers.