Breakaway Cagney's Menu

margoula

Someone just said no more lobster on Cagney's menu....say it isn't so please! TIA

Lobster was removed from all Specialty Dining menus in late August 2016. Attributed to a lobster shortage and inability to provision the fleet, they have never come back. See post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401137

Lobster have been removed as a upcharge item on the MDR menus on most ships too.

Someone posted a Cagney's menu from 5/7 sailing. Tomahawk steak and larger Porterhouse steak not on the menu.

I may starve!

What!!!!! It's a "steak house". I can get a regular steak in the main dining rooms for heaven's sake. This can't be true.

Someone posted a Cagney's menu from 5/7 sailing. Tomahawk steak and larger Porterhouse steak not on the menu.

I may starve!

Is that only on "Breakaway"? How about "Getaway"? I will go on Getaway on coming June.

I read earlier this week that the tomahawk steak is no longer available in Cagney's.

My friend is just off the Breakaway this past Sunday, and I can CONFIRM he had a tomahawk Ribeye in Cagneys.

Sorry, haven't been on a cruise in a few years..at the specialty restaurants its a charge to go & then you pay a la carte at the restaurant too?

It depends. If you get a dining package, you can eat at one of the specialty restaurants and, as I understand it, you can get as many apps, sides, and desserts as you want, but only one entrée. Or, you can just make a reservation and pay a la carte. Your choice, but the money definitely favors the dining package.

Of course, you have already paid for all your "complimentary" meals in your cruise fare, and NCL assumes you won't be dining in the MDR the same night you eat at a specialty restaurant. In reality, whatever you pay for your meal, whether through a package or a la carte, is in addition to what you paid for the dinner you would have eaten in the MDR.

• 7 months later...
This is from http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2496274&page=9 Seadog57 doing a live review this week from the breakaway. It's a good review. It appears the tomahawk and 32 oz steak are gone. .. 976aef07d182d879883b337bc3e6b5cb.jpg

I am confused about something. We have taken 6 NCL cruises with the 7th booked for December. I just noticed that this menu has prices on it.In the past, when we''ve eaten at the speciality restaurants (Le Bistro, Cagney's, Moderno, Teppanyaki, and others), we just paid the cover price, typically $15 or $25. Has that system changed? We also took the speciality dining (3 dinners) as one of our perks and are Platinum members. If someone could point me to another post or explain how speciality dining is now, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Le Bistro, Cagney's and La Cucina are all now a la carte restaurants. The Teppenyaki restaurant and Moderno still have a cover price.

If you have the SDP, you can pretty much order what you would like, except for a second entree which costs extra. Some have said that some restaurants have limits of the number of each category you can order.

As far as the Platinum perks, they are per cabin, not per member now. You get 1 dinner for 2 with wine in either LeBistro or Cagney's and 1 dinner for two (no wine) at either La Cucina or Moderno. There are limitations on what you can order.

Edited by NLH Arizona