Wonder of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

11 minutes ago, billaraneta said:

Excuse me please. Wonder of the Seas is coming to Australia by 2022? Thank You.

We have yet to receive details about this ship. 

Keep an eye out here in this thread, and if you want to, at the link below for future updates:

Press Releases | Royal Caribbean Press Center 

52472197_magic8ball.jpg.f7ddaeea1bbf940060be5920752ee5ae.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

2 hours ago, billaraneta said:

Excuse me please. Wonder of the Seas is coming to Australia by 2022? Thank You.

Doesn't matter how many times you ask, if someone hasn't posted about since the last time you asked there is no new information...

New update from SG Cruise Society:

"According to

Royal Caribbean International

China, #WonderOfTheSeas inaugural voyage from her homeport of Shanghai, China will begin on 23 March 2022.

Royal Caribbean China will unveil the Wonder of the Seas in a live broadcast on 20 April 2021, with voyages expected to open for booking shortly after."

I guess we can assume she will be delivered in the month of February 2022 at the latest!

https://www.facebook.com/sgcruisesociety

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

New update from SG Cruise Society:

"According to

Royal Caribbean International

China, #WonderOfTheSeas inaugural voyage from her homeport of Shanghai, China will begin on 23 March 2022.

Royal Caribbean China will unveil the Wonder of the Seas in a live broadcast on 20 April 2021, with voyages expected to open for booking shortly after."

I guess we can assume she will be delivered in the month of February 2022 at the latest!

https://www.facebook.com/sgcruisesociety

Image text translation.

from Singapore cruise Society post.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Doesn't look like she will do a mini season in Singapore.

It’s a waste of time hopping it will do a quick visit to Australia on the way.

There won’t be any ships here.Our vaccine program just collapsed.

With all of the military build up in the China sea ,I still wonder why they are sending wonder into the hornets nest.

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

With all of the military build up in the China sea ,I still wonder why they are sending wonder into the hornets nest.

Australia is not really 'on it's way'. One's in the north hemisphere, the other is in the south. Doesn't seem unbelievable that that's not happening.

Edited by Ethanol95

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Slim Chance and the Repositioning cruises with guests onboard probably will not happen due the situation. With at least 14/15 nights each way and possibly stopping in many countries along the way, I don't think Royal or anyone would take the risk.  I hoping she would. If she does, it will probably be half the capacity. 

3 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

Slim Chance and the Repositioning cruises with guests onboard probably will not happen due the situation. With at least 14/15 nights each way and possibly stopping in many countries along the way, I don't think Royal or anyone would take the risk.  I hoping she would. If she does, it will probably be half the capacity. 

Next February is a very long way away - I would guess almost everyone in the world that wanted a jab would have had one by then

The UK alone has 100million vaccines and will be sending millions abroad (mostly in the developing world) at cost price

It says her inaugural sailing from her homeport... but we all know that RCI like to throw in a couple of shake down cruises, tester cruises, taster cruises, dummy run cruises... name them what you will.... but here is hoping for something out of Europe first.

Then again, Oasis class ships and Europe in February are not such a good match.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

By not taking any guests she can get to her home port in China faster.  

It will be interesting to see if they offer any guest voyages before her debut in China. 

Not by many days assuming that there would be limited port stops on a repo cruise anyway.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:21 AM, Ethanol95 said:

Shame, I'd been hoping they might do this like they did with Spectrum.  Certainly didn't think they would bring her through Australia but when they brought Spectrum across my son and I flew up to Singapore from Perth to do a quick 3n and have a look at her, we had a great time and would have loved to do it again for Wonder.  (In fact, this time, we had hoped to to an inaugural on Wonder if it was offered!)

Not that we'll probably be allowed out anyway so it's probably a moot point for us 😔

1 minute ago, BecAus said:

Shame, I'd been hoping they might do this like they did with Spectrum.  Certainly didn't think they would bring her through Australia but when they brought Spectrum across my son and I flew up to Singapore from Perth to do a quick 3n and have a look at her, we had a great time and would have loved to do it again for Wonder.  (In fact, this time, we had hoped to to an inaugural on Wonder if it was offered!)

Not that we'll probably be allowed out anyway so it's probably a moot point for us 😔

Yes I know that feeling. Did the same thing with Quantum! But they said inaugural cruise is from Shanghai. Best we can wait for is next deployment, for things to switch round.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, Chiliburn said:

19 hours ago, compman9 said:

Next February is a very long way away - I would guess almost everyone in the world that wanted a jab would have had one by then

Unfortunately not us here down-under. As Chillburn mentioned above, our govt seems like they have thrown in the towel at this stage.  I'd been hopeful for the October deadline and the (faint) possibility of us still having some sort of cruise season down here (with locals only) for 21/22 but it sure seems like that's a real pipe-dream now

27 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Not by many days assuming that there would be limited port stops on a repo cruise anyway.

A direct repo without guests would save about 10 days compared to what Spectrum did and that's without Spectrum's two extra Singapore cruises.  If you include those they'd save 17 days.   

Edited by twangster

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

A direct repo without guests would save about 10 days compared to what Spectrum did and that's without Spectrum's two extra Singapore cruises.  If you include those they'd save 17 days.   

Part of me thinks theres time for something from delivery to her first cruise from Shanghai. 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

It’s a year away,

A direct  repo into a active war zone .

I know I’m being pessimistic but ??

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s a year away,

A direct  repo into a active war zone .

I know I’m being pessimistic but ??

I think that's pushing it a bit. It's not really a war zone if anything, just passive.

#RoyalCaribbean confirms the inaugural itineraries of world's largest cruise ship #WonderOfTheSeas will be open for sale next Tuesday (20th April). This newest flagship will have her maiden call to Hong Kong in March 2022 and stay overnight, before arriving Shanghai for her inaugural season. It is also confirmed that the vessel will then be homeported in Hong Kong from 25th November 2022 to 9th January 2023!

Taken from Hong Kong Cruise Society FB page.

• Like 1