Jump to content

KYSS Bag


Raxter54
 Share

Recommended Posts

DW and I will be hitting Aruba next February on the Sunshine. We plan on taking the bus to Arashi Beach for snorkeling. Since there are not much in the way of facilities there, I was thinking of getting a KYSS Bag to put our valuables in. Anyone have any opinions on the KYSS bag, whether it is worth buying, is I t secure, etc. Thanks for any input 😊

 

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought one two years ago and love it. I used it in Aruba last year. Large in size, good quality and a long chain with a combo lock, so no keys to loose. Only issue I had one night on the Oasis at the hot tub was, I secured it around a chair with my glasses inside. So when it came time to unlock it, it was dark. Made it hard to read the numbers. LOL. I take it everywhere. I think it was well worth the price I paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to agree with above post, have had ours for 2 years also, and it has held up well. We always take it on cruise excursions and to our regular beach trips. It's nice to just be able to lock it up and chain it to a chair and feel secure about it. Reasonably priced for actual security it provides. There is also another similar bag out there called a cool bag (more pricey) but supposed to work as well. We purchased the medium sized bag and it holds 2 beach towels as well as other clothes too and personal items. Good Luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had a large KYSS bag for a few years now. On my last trip it let me down. The threads started to come out of the strip that secures the zipper. Even more disappointing was the fact that I never received a reply when I contacted the company about fixing it. Its not the type of thing you can fix on a home sewing machine. Anyway, I had to pitch my bag and look for an alternative. I wound up buying a "cool bag" and I am so happy with this bag ! They have addresses some deficiencies in the KYSS bag. It's more secure, more sturdy and I don't have to deal with the stupid lock/chain thing always falling out of the bag when the lock is not in use. It is priced higher than the KYSS bag, however, I find it has been totally worth it. This bag is more secure, more useful and I expect it to last a VERY long time in comparison. They are on their second generation bag with improvements from an original kickstarter campaign a while back. The gen 1 bags are on sale for about half price right now, but do compare to make sure that you are getting the features that you want. https://coolbag.com/shop/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I travel solo so a place to leave my essentials was important to me. The Kyss bag worked as advertised on several different beaches. Nice product but a bit heavy if you are close to the weight limit for your luggage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...
On 5/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, Athankfulheart said:

I have had a large KYSS bag for a few years now. On my last trip it let me down. The threads started to come out of the strip that secures the zipper. Even more disappointing was the fact that I never received a reply when I contacted the company about fixing it. Its not the type of thing you can fix on a home sewing machine. Anyway, I had to pitch my bag and look for an alternative. I wound up buying a "cool bag" and I am so happy with this bag ! They have addresses some deficiencies in the KYSS bag. It's more secure, more sturdy and I don't have to deal with the stupid lock/chain thing always falling out of the bag when the lock is not in use. It is priced higher than the KYSS bag, however, I find it has been totally worth it. This bag is more secure, more useful and I expect it to last a VERY long time in comparison. They are on their second generation bag with improvements from an original kickstarter campaign a while back. The gen 1 bags are on sale for about half price right now, but do compare to make sure that you are getting the features that you want. https://coolbag.com/shop/

Exact same issue and no response after 3 emails to them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, Athankfulheart said:

I have had a large KYSS bag for a few years now. On my last trip it let me down. The threads started to come out of the strip that secures the zipper. Even more disappointing was the fact that I never received a reply when I contacted the company about fixing it. Its not the type of thing you can fix on a home sewing machine. Anyway, I had to pitch my bag and look for an alternative. I wound up buying a "cool bag" and I am so happy with this bag ! They have addresses some deficiencies in the KYSS bag. It's more secure, more sturdy and I don't have to deal with the stupid lock/chain thing always falling out of the bag when the lock is not in use. It is priced higher than the KYSS bag, however, I find it has been totally worth it. This bag is more secure, more useful and I expect it to last a VERY long time in comparison. They are on their second generation bag with improvements from an original kickstarter campaign a while back. The gen 1 bags are on sale for about half price right now, but do compare to make sure that you are getting the features that you want. https://coolbag.com/shop/

I have the largest size Kyss bag but wanted to check out your recommendation for the coolbags.  But I am confused as to how they work.  Can you lock these to a stationary object?  Or is it just the bag that locks itself?  As in what is to prevent someone from just taking the whole bag?  Sorry if I missed something....as I find the Kyss bag to be too heavy and want to try another product but DO want one that we can lock to a chair, table, etc....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chloemonkey said:

I have the largest size Kyss bag but wanted to check out your recommendation for the coolbags.  But I am confused as to how they work.  Can you lock these to a stationary object?  Or is it just the bag that locks itself?  As in what is to prevent someone from just taking the whole bag?  Sorry if I missed something....as I find the Kyss bag to be too heavy and want to try another product but DO want one that we can lock to a chair, table, etc....


If you watch the video on their website, you can see how the bag can be locked to a chair or something via one handle. 

Not a fan of them supporting chair-hogging on their website, though:

 

Have you ever been to a great beach resort excited to lay out by the pool, only to find the only loungers remaining are quite a long distance from the water?  Not any more!  With CoolBag’s locking handle, you can find your chairs near the pool in the morning, lock them up, and leave for breakfast.  No more worrying about someone moving your bag, taking your bag or taking your chairs!  All will be secure when you return.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2019 at 11:35 PM, brillohead said:


If you watch the video on their website, you can see how the bag can be locked to a chair or something via one handle. 

Not a fan of them supporting chair-hogging on their website, though:

 

Have you ever been to a great beach resort excited to lay out by the pool, only to find the only loungers remaining are quite a long distance from the water?  Not any more!  With CoolBag’s locking handle, you can find your chairs near the pool in the morning, lock them up, and leave for breakfast.  No more worrying about someone moving your bag, taking your bag or taking your chairs!  All will be secure when you return.

 

If it takes you less than the allowable "chair saving" time then I don't see a problem with it. Personally, I have no desire to sit by the pool. 

 

 


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, chloemonkey said:

I have the largest size Kyss bag but wanted to check out your recommendation for the coolbags.  But I am confused as to how they work.  Can you lock these to a stationary object?  Or is it just the bag that locks itself?  As in what is to prevent someone from just taking the whole bag?  Sorry if I missed something....as I find the Kyss bag to be too heavy and want to try another product but DO want one that we can lock to a chair, table, etc....

I have locked my bag to many various things. When we lock to chairs we lock it around two chairs, since one chair isn't that hard to move. The Gen 2 bag is a better iteration than the original bag. I would recommend a Gen 2 cool bag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought the Large KYSS bag and it does what it is supposed to do; however, there are some things that annoy me. 1) When carrying the bag, the chain tends to slide out and dangle instead of staying out of the way. 2) The bag is pretty heavy due to the weight of the chain. 3) Getting to anything requires unlocking the bag every time. I wish there was a couple outside pockets to keep, for instance, snacks, a book, etc. (not valuable stuff). Having said that, I love the security it gives me since I carry my large DSLR camera everywhere. Another option is this from Amazon that my husband used with his multi pocket backpack. The lock secured our valuables in one pocket while non-valuable stuff went in other pockets. This requires a two part zipper so the lock can be placed through both zipper pieces.  TSA Approved Cable Luggage Locks plus Bonus 4 Foot Steel Cables Lumintrail Combination Travel Security Lock - 2 Pack (Black + Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JPVHPXE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3H9iDb94FWMDC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...