Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

After dinner we saw a pilot boat and thought that we had entered Canada

DSC00680_zpstfaxgic3.jpg

We didn't stay up late still being on EDT and I wanted an early start to take photos in the morning before the ship got busy . It was a little bumpy overnight and in the morning while we were in the ocean .

The center elevators . The wall on the right was where the large screen TV was mounted inside of our cabin .

IMG_4008_zpslww2ajfl.jpg

Rembrandt was my favorite Dutch painter and much of his work was on display throughout the ship . I credit him as the originator of the selfie movement which is so popular now . Here is one of his selfies and you can see him holding his selfie stick .

IMG_4012-001_zpstx799oxw.jpg

It was nice to see that some folks brought their own door knockers .

IMG_4014_zpslieejzgz.jpg

This is a great idea and I didn't even need my reading glasses !

IMG_4016_zpswjmqhqrj.jpg

Entering the MDR .

IMG_4021_zps3vuggwv2.jpg

Loving your review. We've been to Alaska four times but never out of Seattle. I would love to sight-see there and then board a HAL ship to Alaska one day. I loved the glass garden! Your photos are wonderful. Looking forward to the remaining review.

Loving your review...Alaska is on our bucket list...we've eaten in the Tamarind twice..and have ressies for November....cannot wait...again your pics are outstanding..thanks so much for posting...

Love the pics of the food, it was worth the wait.

Thanks Mic , I tried to get it out sooner , oh well . We did enjoy eating there but it has mixed reviews on other threads . This is where we think that photos can help people decide if they care to try it or not .

Loving your review. We've been to Alaska four times but never out of Seattle. I would love to sight-see there and then board a HAL ship to Alaska one day. I loved the glass garden! Your photos are wonderful. Looking forward to the remaining review.

Well thank you . We have been out of Vancouver once on a cruise to Hawaii but we didn't spend any time there before our cruise - and regretted it . However we did learn our lesson !

It was originally called Fire and Ice with a trip to Alaska and then Hawaii . But the Jones Act would not allow us both cruises B2B . So it was Fire that time and Ice this time .

Loving your review...Alaska is on our bucket list...we've eaten in the Tamarind twice..and have ressies for November....cannot wait...again your pics are outstanding..thanks so much for posting...

Thanks Jane for writing in we're glad that you like them . When we hit the glaciers later this cruise we will be doing some comparison to the glaciers that we saw in South America on the Zaandam in 2013 .

I like the two tops, but recently had a discussion with a friend who dislikes how they are so close and it may as well be sharing. My point was that you can choose to talk to the other people or not, but more importantly, you meal is at your pace not at the pace of the whole table (if you have ever sat at a shared table you will know what I mean).

All caught up now and enjoying all of your pictures. I loved your time at the Space Needle. The view up there is incredible. We went at dusk and stayed for quite a while.

Your suite! Oh wow. Amazing.

Enjoying seeing the ship through your pics. Can't wait for glaciers and more! Thank you!

Sorry to skip over Nancy but I had some photobucket issues and I wanted to try to get a post while it was still working .

We loved the suite but missed our aft view . The TV faced the bed and the green chairs but we really didn't watch it too much . The balcony was really nice and we did eat a couple of meals outside when the weather was nice . Our guide in Ketchikan was a diver and showed us where they dive , but what can we say , we're spoiled with warm water diving ! :cool:

No problem, Joe. As you see it has taken me a while to get back here anyway. Besides, you did exactly the right thing by getting your pictures up while you could.

I have thought sbout trying to dive or snorkel when I finally manage to get to Alaska. That thought lasted for the fraction of a second it took me to remember my early days of diving in New England, and I never got any farther north than New Hampshire! I was also about 40 years younger then, and had a lot more tolerance for cold than I do now. If you ever hear me mention that I'm planning to dive in Alaska, please stop me! :eek:

I, too, am spoiled by the warm waters of the Caribbean! I will be diving in one of our local springs on Friday, first time in the water with the SeaLife. I'm already thinking 72° will seem cold. I'll let you know how that works out. :cool:

I like the two tops, but recently had a discussion with a friend who dislikes how they are so close and it may as well be sharing. My point was that you can choose to talk to the other people or not, but more importantly, you meal is at your pace not at the pace of the whole table (if you have ever sat at a shared table you will know what I mean).

Completely agree Mic. The separation may be symbolic but practically it does make a huge difference. You can come and go at your own pace.

Robert

A little room can make a Big difference , especially on long flights .

All caught up now and enjoying all of your pictures. I loved your time at the Space Needle. The view up there is incredible. We went at dusk and stayed for quite a while.

Your suite! Oh wow. Amazing.

Enjoying seeing the ship through your pics. Can't wait for glaciers and more! Thank you!

We're sure glad that you could make it . I bet the view from the Space Needle in the evening would be fantastic , or I've heard , on a clear day when you can see the mountains . :cool:

No problem, Joe. As you see it has taken me a while to get back here anyway. Besides, you did exactly the right thing by getting your pictures up while you could.

I have thought sbout trying to dive or snorkel when I finally manage to get to Alaska. That thought lasted for the fraction of a second it took me to remember my early days of diving in New England, and I never got any farther north than New Hampshire! I was also about 40 years younger then, and had a lot more tolerance for cold than I do now. If you ever hear me mention that I'm planning to dive in Alaska, please stop me! :eek:

I, too, am spoiled by the warm waters of the Caribbean! I will be diving in one of our local springs on Friday, first time in the water with the SeaLife. I'm already thinking 72° will seem cold. I'll let you know how that works out. :cool:

Wow 72° , you may need to borrow Mic's 7 mm for that dive ! Hopefully you'll get some good photos with the great viz that they have the springs . Be careful in the caves if they have any .

The grandsons were in the pool on Mother's Day and we thought that 82 was too cool for us .

Thanks for continuing with the review. Nice photos, I can't wait to see your pictures of Alaska.

You're welcome . I tend to go chronologically and edit as I go . The weather and light was not as good as we hoped and I'm not sure how much I can compensate for it . That's part of the reason I'll be sharing our South American glaciers photos , we were blessed with good light . If you wish to look at those photos and that review now , just click on the link below .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2404896

Having just disembarked Eurodam one week after you I'm having serious withdrawal this week. Every day I wake up and say "well, one week ago today we were in ___" lol so your pictures are really helping me deal with the fact that we're back to reality! They're all beautiful!

Thank you for sharing them and I'm glad you had just as good a time as we did! We loved Eurodam and Alaska!