4ready2cruz

Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

We are booked for the first time on Royal Caribbean and are sailing in an Oceanview Panoramic Suite (VP). In looking at the details for the suites, all the others list Suite Benefits:

Exclusive For Suites

• Priority check-in and departure lounge
  • Concierge Club service on select ships
  • VIP seating at the pool deck and theater
  • Priority tender tickets
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night

But these are not listed for the Panoramic details. Is it truly considered a suite or just a glorified oceanview. And if so, are the gratuities $13.50 pp/pd or $16.50 pp/pd?

Thanks in advance!

I don't believe those are "suites", I think they're just standard staterooms. What ship are you on?

I noticed that they are now calling these rooms Suites. I was very surprised. They do not appear to be eligible for any suite perk that I can see.

We were in PV on Grandeur last month. It is just a slightly larger OV with no perks except for what C&A perks you get.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

We will be on Explorer for an Alaskan cruise August 2018.

It looks like they have re-classified these staterooms as suites starting 14-May-2018.

We were in PV on Grandeur last month. It is just a slightly larger OV with no perks except for what C&A perks you get.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

This stateroom is 406 sq. ft, with 1-1/2 bathrooms and sleeps 6. It is located at the very front of the ship above the bridge on Deck 12. There are other OVs on Deck 12 but they are a lot smaller.

It looks like they have re-classified these staterooms as suites starting 14-May-2018.

Princess has 'window suites" so I guess Royal is now getting into the act. Then these must have full Gold Card privileges, correct?

Princess has 'window suites" so I guess Royal is now getting into the act. Then these must have full Gold Card privileges, correct?

That would be my expectation as the description does not contain the word "junior".

I'm sure I recall from the TA webinar about recategorisation that these were treated like Junior Suites but I can't seem to remember where the information is - maybe the FAQ's. Probably best to call RCI.

EDIT: Just looked at the recategorisation reference guide and this cabin type is listed below JS, so this would seem to tie in with recalling it had JS 'benefits'.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I'm sure I recall from the TA webinar about recategorisation that these were treated like Junior Suites but I can't seem to remember where the information is - maybe the FAQ's. Probably best to call RCI.

Be sure to call several times and take an average of the responses.:rolleyes:

Be sure to call several times and take an average of the responses.:rolleyes:

I'm well aware of their usual inconsistencies but is it different to the mixed bag of responses OP has received on here? ... No!

I'm well aware of their usual inconsistencies but is it different to the mixed bag of responses OP has received on here? ... No!

Yes. We're real nuts here.

Interesting they would classify them as a suite. I'm in one on Indy Nov 18 and the only perk I was expecting is the floor to ceiling and wall to wall windows.

Which cabin did you book. 1804 or 1854? I know the others are considered Ocean View.

The window suites on Princess do include all suite privileges, at least in our experience. Loved breakfast at Sabatini's and afternoon tea in the cabin.

This stateroom is 406 sq. ft, with 1-1/2 bathrooms and sleeps 6. It is located at the very front of the ship above the bridge on Deck 12. There are other OVs on Deck 12 but they are a lot smaller.

We were in that type of cabin on the Freedom this past March. We absolutely loved the cabin. They already charged a premium for that type of oceanview cabin. If they re-label it a suite, I guess we will not be booking that type of cabin again. Back to booking other cabins that will accommodate our family of 6 or booking a few rooms side by side.

I looked at a similar type of cabin on the NCL Dawn and they call this type of cabin a suite and give the suite privileges. We picked a couple of interior cabins for less than half the price for the 6 of us. We will spend the extra money we saved on excursions and a few other perks we can enjoy.

Which cabin did you book. 1804 or 1854? I know the others are considered Ocean View.

We are booked in 1804 (the square footage and extra 1/2 bath sold me!). Everything (reviews etc) I have seen to date indicated that it was an oceanview. But Royal's site and the travel agent site both list it in the suite category.

I guess I will wait (I have 14 months!) and see how it is classified prior to our cruise.

We were in that type of cabin on the Freedom this past March. We absolutely loved the cabin. They already charged a premium for that type of oceanview cabin. If they re-label it a suite, I guess we will not be booking that type of cabin again. Back to booking other cabins that will accommodate our family of 6 or booking a few rooms side by side.

I looked at a similar type of cabin on the NCL Dawn and they call this type of cabin a suite and give the suite privileges. We picked a couple of interior cabins for less than half the price for the 6 of us. We will spend the extra money we saved on excursions and a few other perks we can enjoy.

We have always booked 2 OVs or balcony cabins since our daughters are teenagers. The price on this "suite" was a lot cheaper than booking 2 OV. The fact that it had 1-1/2 bathrooms was a huge plus with 2 girls. Also liked that they would not be sleeping on a pullout. We toyed with the idea of inside cabins but for Alaska, we wanted the view. We will miss the balcony, but at least we will have a gorgeous view!

Edited by 4ready2cruz
spelling

That cabin is now listed as VP under the new categorization and is listed as a suite which should now afford suite perks, but is listed below Junior Suite which may mean it doesn't include the same perks as GS and above.

Edited by HicksRA

That cabin is now listed as VP under the new categorization and is listed as a suite which should now afford suite perks, but is listed below Junior Suite which may mean it doesn't include the same perks as GS and above.

So, extra cruise point per night?!

This is for the FAMILY Panoramic suites only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any stateroom with the word "suite" in the description will get an extra cruise point per night.

Yes, should be double points.

We are booked in 1804 (the square footage and extra 1/2 bath sold me!). Everything (reviews etc) I have seen to date indicated that it was an oceanview. But Royal's site and the travel agent site both list it in the suite category.

I guess I will wait (I have 14 months!) and see how it is classified prior to our cruise.

Does this mean that, like with JR and full suites, you get double points?

Does this mean that, like with JR and full suites, you get double points?

Every stateroom described with the word "suite" has been giving extra C&A points.

We have one of these on 4/8/18 which we booked last May. Is it still family panoramic ocean view until then? So no extra points?

We have one of these on 4/8/18 which we booked last May. Is it still family panoramic ocean view until then? So no extra points?

Looks like no suite until 14-May-2018.

Just a comment of interest. While looking forward to see how the VP would be priced, and finding it on the Suite list below the Junior Suite in price, I also noticed TWO prices for JS's. So I looked at them. Looks like in the new pricing scheme, the JS"s with a pullout sofa will be pried HIGHER than those without a pullout sofa. Doesn't affect me as we only travel as a couple. But it will make JS's more expensive in the future I imagine, if you wait to book. They were nestled in with all other JS's so the only difference I could see was the sleeper sofa. Interesting.

I just booked 1854 Ocean View Panoramic Suite on the Adventure of the Seas. My RCCL booking agent told me it was moved to suite level and I would get bath robes etc... I was not smart enough to ask about priority em/debarc etc or gold card, but he did say it was a suite and it was a new switch. I will call back and get details when I can.

I just booked 1854 Ocean View Panoramic Suite on the Adventure of the Seas. My RCCL booking agent told me it was moved to suite level and I would get bath robes etc... I was not smart enough to ask about priority em/debarc etc or gold card, but he did say it was a suite and it was a new switch. I will call back and get details when I can.

It is the same level as a junior suite. Double points, robes,etc, but not full suite (GS and above) benefits.

Since they are priced less than a JS.....I wouldn't count on a gold card.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Since they are priced less than a JS.....I wouldn't count on a gold card.

If they are priced below a JS, they are still a great deal for anyone who can do without a balcony. A VP is 406 square feet, including an extra half bath. By comparison, a JS varies between about 260 square feet and 300, depending on the ship. On Explorer, a JS has 264 square feet plus a 75 square foot balcony.

I spoke with a RCCL Agent last night while working on a separate issue, and although she was new and not very familiar, she took a long break from our phone call to speak with a supervisor regarding my question about the Ocean View Panoramic Suite. For my sailing in June 2018, this is a Suite level. It accrues two points per night on C&A and comes with bath amenities, bath robes, concierge service, and suite lounge access on deck 14. If I get any other info I'll post it. I think this is a new change along with the removal of the word family from the name.

I spoke with a RCCL Agent last night while working on a separate issue, and although she was new and not very familiar, she took a long break from our phone call to speak with a supervisor regarding my question about the Ocean View Panoramic Suite. For my sailing in June 2018, this is a Suite level. It accrues two points per night on C&A and comes with bath amenities, bath robes, concierge service, and suite lounge access on deck 14. If I get any other info I'll post it. I think this is a new change along with the removal of the word family from the name.

I am pretty sure that VP suites do not include "concierge service, and suite lounge access" because, right now, I had no trouble booking one on line with the U.S. Refundable Deposit option. All other suites that include those gold card perks can only be booked in the U.S. with NRD (Non-Refundable Deposits). They removed the word "family" because those suites can be booked by couples for cruises after May, 2018. Before then, couples could not book these rooms; they required 3 or more occupants.

I hope for your sake that you received correct information, however, it wouldn't be the first time even a supervisor gave incorrect information. The OVP suite is listed below the JS on the Suites list. JS receive a silver Seapass card (other than Quantum and Oasis class) and do not have Concierge Gold card services.

We are in 1804 on Adventure of the Seas late June 2018. I appreciate all of this information you guys have. Please update us if you get any more information.

Thanks,

Scott

When we booked this cruise, the price for the Panoramic Suite was on par with the price of the Ultra Spacious Oceanview and about $200 pp less than a Junior Suite.

I am new to cruising Royal... what are Gold Card Privileges?

I am new to cruising Royal... what are Gold Card Privileges?

Full suite guests typically get a Gold colored Seapass card and get perks associated with that cabin type.