4ready2cruz

Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

I am looking at prices for 2019 and the non balcony suite is more expensive than an owners suite so it should have all the benefits on that basis?

The prices vary due to supply and demand, not necessarily based on benefits.

I've got a couple of Adventure cruises booked in 2019. When I check suite pricing, the VP has been less than the J4 since I've been looking. Not a huge amount less, maybe $100 - $150pp.

changed P2 1802 a week away and it was a savings of $99 (which won't be credited after final payment time). A junior suite was $979 more. So there are no last minute deals to be had.

Posted (edited)
Just to add another data point which may or may not mean anything.

The VP rooms come up if you select to book a "refundable deposit (junior suite only)".

That's on Adventure of the Seas August 2018.

It is my understanding that you can only be given true suites (Grand and above) if you select non refundable deposit.

Also I had one booked for like 20 minutes and the gratituties for 1802 on Adventure were the same as it previous balcony. So it sounds as if the only questions that remain to me is 1864 and 1814 might be Junior Suites after May 14?

Edited by B&J_Pgh

We are in 1854 on independence end of May so will update. When booking it was more expensive than both J4 / GS and OS .....we lucked out and got in on a WS guarantee. Will post details of what you get and what you don't on our return .

^ very interesting that you'd get such an assignment on a W GTY booking.

Hoping someone will come back after May and verify what benefits they received. We just booked one of these on Mariner for next November. Hoping for full suite privedges like we received when we were in the Ben and Jerry’s “Sweet” a couple of years ago. I’ll be good either way but it would be nice to have confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also thinking of trying one of these on the Mariner. Guess we have to wait to see if they get full suite bennies or just JS ones.

Also thinking of trying one of these on the Mariner. Guess we have to wait to see if they get full suite bennies or just JS ones.

I have one booked for next year. I’m expecting the benefits will be the same as the Junior Suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have one booked for next year. I’m expecting the benefits will be the same as the Junior Suites.

That's what I was thinking. If that's the case we will probably stick with a balcony cabin, not worth the extra cost

Posted (edited)

Someone already posted this link.

Edited by toyman55
duplicate

As the Suite benefits page specifically has an asterisk for excludes Junior suites and it doesn't mention these suites, I think theres an argument to be made either way. I booked for the view, extra room, and bathroom. The price was the same as a balcony for me anyway. But if they don't give me a gold card, I will be prepared to make the argument as they clearly let me book the room without it saying it didn't get those benefits.

That's what I was thinking. If that's the case we will probably stick with a balcony cabin, not worth the extra cost

When I booked 1854, the price was $200 less than a regular balcony room. :)

WOW I'm so happy to find this thread.

I just booked 1804 on EX in November, just for the extra space and extra bathroom.

I was surprised when it came up to book with 4 people, and a good price.

I am now expecting Junior Suite benefits, but only for the extra points.:)

We already get Full Suite benefits, so the only extra benefit for our girls would be the Gold Card, which won't give them much more.

Cheers

Aussie Frequent Floaters

When I booked 1854, the price was $200 less than a regular balcony room. :)

Good deal- it was over $200 more than a balcony for 4 nights on all the sailings that I looked at

We have 1804 on April 8, 2018 on Liberty and it is still considered a non suite at that time so no extra points for us.

it'll be interesting to see how much the price changes accordingly!

I have 1854 booked on Mariner next fall and paid less than the the rate for a balcony. So looking forward to just the space and the view!

We are in 1854 on independence end of May so will update. When booking it was more expensive than both J4 / GS and OS .....we lucked out and got in on a WS guarantee. Will post details of what you get and what you don't on our return .

Thanks! Look forward to hearing about your experience.

thanks! Look forward to hearing about your experience.

delete

we are in 1854 on independence end of may so will update. When booking it was more expensive than both j4 / gs and os .....we lucked out and got in on a ws guarantee. Will post details of what you get and what you don't on our return .

congratulations!!

it'll be interesting to see how much the price changes accordingly!
If there are only 2 per ship I am thinking prices won't go down only up

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

We were in that type of cabin on the Freedom this past March. We absolutely loved the cabin. They already charged a premium for that type of oceanview cabin. If they re-label it a suite, I guess we will not be booking that type of cabin again. Back to booking other cabins that will accommodate our family of 6 or booking a few rooms side by side.

I looked at a similar type of cabin on the NCL Dawn and they call this type of cabin a suite and give the suite privileges. We picked a couple of interior cabins for less than half the price for the 6 of us. We will spend the extra money we saved on excursions and a few other perks we can enjoy.

I just put a hold on 4 NR Central Park cabins for Easter '20 on Harmony OTS. Of the 4, 2 adjoining cabins are cheaper by some $200 than a cabin for 4. In addition get an additional $100 obc, 2 lunches (on Allure it was Giovanni's) Jamie's (?) and a bottle of wine. Go figure.

I just put a hold on 4 NR Central Park cabins for Easter '20 on Harmony OTS. Of the 4, 2 adjoining cabins are cheaper by some $200 than a cabin for 4. In addition get an additional $100 obc, 2 lunches (on Allure it was Giovanni's) Jamie's (?) and a bottle of wine. Go figure.

What do you mean by putting “on hold”?

Royal's website (sometimes) lets you hold staterooms for 24 hours with no down payment.

Posted (edited)

Requested the Certified Vacation Planner that I would like a 24 hour hold on selected cabins to confer with family members. She spoke with a supervisor and was given to 11PM tonight to convert to actual booking, which was more than the 24 hours.

Edited by nelblu
addl data

Royal's website (sometimes) lets you hold staterooms for 24 hours with no down payment.

Ok. Thanks. I thought maybe new word for backup or place marker bookings.

Ok , I emailed the concierge on Independence which is just out of dry dock and has had 1804/1854 added as Panoramic Suites and asked if had Suite benefits , gold card , lounge etc . The reply is as follows.

"I regret to inform you that this room has no access in Suite Lounge/ Gold Card or other Suite Amenities"

It will be treated as a JS grade.

I spoke with a RCCL Agent last night while working on a separate issue, and although she was new and not very familiar, she took a long break from our phone call to speak with a supervisor regarding my question about the Ocean View Panoramic Suite. For my sailing in June 2018, this is a Suite level. It accrues two points per night on C&A and comes with bath amenities, bath robes, concierge service, and suite lounge access on deck 14. If I get any other info I'll post it. I think this is a new change along with the removal of the word family from the name.
How was it?

We are thinking of booking this suite.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Did we end up figuring out what the answer is on this? I am looking at the Mariner of the Seas for August 2019 in an Oceanview Panoramic Suite. Does it get 2 C&A points and get suite amenities?

I have made three phone calls. 2 people told me yes. 1 person told me no. This is calling the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Desk.

Did we end up figuring out what the answer is on this? I am looking at the Mariner of the Seas for August 2019 in an Oceanview Panoramic Suite. Does it get 2 C&A points and get suite amenities?

I have made three phone calls. 2 people told me yes. 1 person told me no. This is calling the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Desk.

Not a definitive answer yet, IMO. A pretty good indication that it does not get suite benefits via an email from a concierge, but nothing from a person that has been in the cabin since the change.

Pretty sure that it will get double points because if it isn't a full suite, the alternative is a Jr suite.

I screwed up on this one if it isn't a full suite, as I booked under a non-refundable promotion, then right before final payment, a local TA came out with ridiculously low fares...

I'm also waiting for a definitive answer. We booked this room on Liberty for November 2019. If it gives double points, it will push us up to diamond! 😊

To be realistic, the info from the Concierge in post #145 probably is the final word, but I'm still holding out some hope

To be realistic, the info from the Concierge in post #145 probably is the final word, but I'm still holding out some hope

I agree. If you go to prepay grats it is charging $14.50 pp not the $17.50 for suites. I do believe you get double points and that's about it

I agree. If you go to prepay grats it is charging $14.50 pp not the $17.50 for suites. I do believe you get double points and that's about it

I'm ok with just getting the double points. Especially since I got such a great deal! 😊

Having returned from the cruise in 1854 I can confirm it has no suite benefits at all. We were issued with blue sea pass cards, not even JS silver ones. Front desk staff indifferent, claiming it’s an ocean view, tried explaining it was newly re categorised as an Ocean view Panoramic suite.

Had to escalate to guest relation manager who has taken this up with Miami. He along with us checked many sailings and this VP suite was more expensive than GS and on occasion OS. We were lucky as had DP so could use the concierge lounge. Be warned, if you have no status and pay top dollar for this “suite” that actually is a suite by name only you will get no suite benefits at all.

Regarding the cabin itself , the views are great, however on Indy it’s below the golf course, somebody decided to screw BOSE speakers to the deck , the music was left on all night which came thru to the cabin, loud base music. Again, we had to chase management to get this turned off at night.

It is also above the gym, one night , around 11pm, boom boom boom music , this time from the gym. I went down and of course closed to guests so went in the back way to see the staff working out. Spoke with the gym guy and pointed out to him that now there were cabins above and to ask the staff to use headphones ,tbh totally oblivious.

Despite speaking with the GRM on a few issues no contact from the hotel director which in my opinion is poor customer service. Would not book these cabins again

Not a definitive answer yet, IMO. A pretty good indication that it does not get suite benefits via an email from a concierge, but nothing from a person that has been in the cabin since the change.

Pretty sure that it will get double points because if it isn't a full suite, the alternative is a Jr suite.

I screwed up on this one if it isn't a full suite, as I booked under a non-refundable promotion, then right before final payment, a local TA came out with ridiculously low fares...

The post 3 positions above yours, #145 in this thread seemed pretty "definite"..

"I regret to inform you that this room has no access in Suite Lounge/ Gold Card or other Suite Amenities. It will be treated as a JS grade."

Having returned from the cruise in 1854 I can confirm it has no suite benefits at all. We were issued with blue sea pass cards, not even JS silver ones. Front desk staff indifferent, claiming it’s an ocean view, tried explaining it was newly re categorised as an Ocean view Panoramic suite.

Had to escalate to guest relation manager who has taken this up with Miami. He along with us checked many sailings and this VP suite was more expensive than GS and on occasion OS. We were lucky as had DP so could use the concierge lounge. Be warned, if you have no status and pay top dollar for this “suite” that actually is a suite by name only you will get no suite benefits at all.

Regarding the cabin itself , the views are great, however on Indy it’s below the golf course, somebody decided to screw BOSE speakers to the deck , the music was left on all night which came thru to the cabin, loud base music. Again, we had to chase management to get this turned off at night.

It is also above the gym, one night , around 11pm, boom boom boom music , this time from the gym. I went down and of course closed to guests so went in the back way to see the staff working out. Spoke with the gym guy and pointed out to him that now there were cabins above and to ask the staff to use headphones ,tbh totally oblivious.

Despite speaking with the GRM on a few issues no contact from the hotel director which in my opinion is poor customer service. Would not book these cabins again

Thanks for the info. Will have to check what is above and below it on the Mariner as we have 1854 booked just to try something different.

Well, that totally sucks! Were you successful getting JR suite status? When did you cruise?

The post 3 positions above yours, #145 in this thread seemed pretty "definite"..

"I regret to inform you that this room has no access in Suite Lounge/ Gold Card or other Suite Amenities. It will be treated as a JS grade."

See post 150

The mini golf is also above these 2 rooms on the Mariner and the fitness center below. Might have to re-think staying in one of them. I guess below is better than the fitness center being above. We had that one time, it was not good

Ok...I was pretty skeptical about this post (Poster didn't say how everything turned out) so I just called RC myself and asked about this room (1854). We have it booked on the Liberty. The guy put me on hold for about 5 minutes so he could get me the CORRECT answer. I told him I was glad to wait because I needed to know FOR SURE if I would get DOUBLE POINTS for that room. He said ABSOLUTELY YES. I'm a happy camper!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Ok...I was pretty skeptical about this post (Poster didn't say how everything turned out) so I just called RC myself and asked about this room (1854). We have it booked on the Liberty. The guy put me on hold for about 5 minutes so he could get me the CORRECT answer. I told him I was glad to wait because I needed to know FOR SURE if I would get DOUBLE POINTS for that room. He said ABSOLUTELY YES. I'm a happy camper!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Thanks for the info! We are sailing next week, leaving June 16 on Freedom in room 1854.

I’m new to this cruising thing and not sure it accounts for anything but our Set Sail Sea pass state “Suite” on them.