Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

I hope this is not a stupid question....Do you have a gold card because you are Diamond or because you are in a suite? :cool:
Other than full suites, only Pinnacle C&A would get a suite level gold card.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m in 1804 on Nov 5 transatlantic....please do let me know how you like the room...

here is the luggage tag i just got....doesn’t say “suite” but does say “vip”.

Thinking of writing up a cabin specific review; but happy to share some thoughts.

The room is very large and the view is incredible. We had three in the cabin and were not crowded at all; adding a fourth would not be an issue. The second bedroom with the bunk beds was a bit cramped - OK for our teenager, but would hesitate to put two adults in there. Big bank of closest in main room and another closet in bunk room. One closet had shelves; no drawers near the bed. A few drawers on the other side of the cabin in the desk area.

Enjoyed having the two bathrooms although neither is very big. Shower only in one bathroom and while it looked small, didn't have issues using it. Bathroom a bit of a disappointment compared to those in full suites, if just two in the room, would rather have the larger bathroom with tub instead of two...but great to have both for three (or more) in the cabin. Only had a very small table in the room which wasn't very useful; also limited counter space compared to a GS.

There is a walkway a deck below (on the Explorer, don't know about other ships) and if you are standing at the windows, people below can see you. But only have to take a few steps back to be out of view. Loved that I could lay in bed and have a direct view outside out those huge windows (bed was not visible from outside).

The cabin is below a sun deck; our cruise had crummy weather so it wasn't used much, but I could imagine that you would hear chairs moving and people walking if it was in use.

The seas were pretty calm on our cruise, yet still some movement being high up on the ship and far forward. Also being so far forward, cabin isn't close to very much; closest bar is a pool bar on deck 12 (Sky Bar?) which also is the smoking bar. The bar works to grab a drink for the cabin, but didn't want to hang out. Getting elsewhere on the ship required a hike, either vertical or horizontal. Great access to the pool, though!

Suite benefits matching what we've seen on other ships: use of Chops as a sitting area for buffet on first day; access to CL; reserved seating in main theater, ice rink, and pool. I recall seeing that Chops was available for breakfast, and lunch on the sea day, for suite guests, but didn't confirm that. Our kid was able to get a play station and games for our rainy sea day.

Let me know if any questions about the cabin.

Cheers,

Thinking of writing up a cabin specific review; but happy to share some thoughts.

The room is very large and the view is incredible. We had three in the cabin and were not crowded at all; adding a fourth would not be an issue. The second bedroom with the bunk beds was a bit cramped - OK for our teenager, but would hesitate to put two adults in there. Big bank of closest in main room and another closet in bunk room. One closet had shelves; no drawers near the bed. A few drawers on the other side of the cabin in the desk area.

Enjoyed having the two bathrooms although neither is very big. Shower only in one bathroom and while it looked small, didn't have issues using it. Bathroom a bit of a disappointment compared to those in full suites, if just two in the room, would rather have the larger bathroom with tub instead of two...but great to have both for three (or more) in the cabin. Only had a very small table in the room which wasn't very useful; also limited counter space compared to a GS.

There is a walkway a deck below (on the Explorer, don't know about other ships) and if you are standing at the windows, people below can see you. But only have to take a few steps back to be out of view. Loved that I could lay in bed and have a direct view outside out those huge windows (bed was not visible from outside).

The cabin is below a sun deck; our cruise had crummy weather so it wasn't used much, but I could imagine that you would hear chairs moving and people walking if it was in use.

The seas were pretty calm on our cruise, yet still some movement being high up on the ship and far forward. Also being so far forward, cabin isn't close to very much; closest bar is a pool bar on deck 12 (Sky Bar?) which also is the smoking bar. The bar works to grab a drink for the cabin, but didn't want to hang out. Getting elsewhere on the ship required a hike, either vertical or horizontal. Great access to the pool, though!

Suite benefits matching what we've seen on other ships: use of Chops as a sitting area for buffet on first day; access to CL; reserved seating in main theater, ice rink, and pool. I recall seeing that Chops was available for breakfast, and lunch on the sea day, for suite guests, but didn't confirm that. Our kid was able to get a play station and games for our rainy sea day.

Let me know if any questions about the cabin.

Cheers,

Thanks for your thoughts. I just want the cabin/suite for the space.

We stayed on 12 on Freedom, I liked that it was close to Solarium pool

Thanks for the review....

I am looking forward to 1804 transatlantic. In November I won’t miss the balcony, and I’m looking forward to the view and feel of the seas from the big windows and being 12th floor at the bow. I’ll feel like the captain!

I am looking forward to 1804 transatlantic. In November I won’t miss the balcony, and I’m looking forward to the view and feel of the seas from the big windows and being 12th floor at the bow. I’ll feel like the captain!

A naked Captain [emoji6]

30d2b78a50acbb8dfcf2cc4c62db402f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anybody have experience from liberty or independence about 1804 or 1854 getting these suite perks?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I was in 1804 on Independence earlier this month and can confirm we got all the suite perks including full access to the suite lounge, breakfast in Chops each morning which was exclusive to gold sea pass holders, reserved seating in the theatre and other suite benefits e.g the suite concierge helped get us tickets for the ice show.

I asked RCL about the VO class cabin, Ocean View Suite, on the Grandeur through a Facebook message. Here was their answer:

"You'll receive benefits equivalent to Grand Suites. Prior to 09/10/18, guests received benefits equivalent to Junior Suites. -Candy"

Thought that was interesting and that I would share.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I asked RCL about the VO class cabin, Ocean View Suite, on the Grandeur through a Facebook message. Here was their answer:

"You'll receive benefits equivalent to Grand Suites. Prior to 09/10/18, guests received benefits equivalent to Junior Suites. -Candy"

Thought that was interesting and that I would share.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Awesome!! :D

Thank you. We have 1804 booked on liberty for b2b in oct 2019. Will see if it stays the same next year.

I was in 1804 on Independence earlier this month and can confirm we got all the suite perks including full access to the suite lounge, breakfast in Chops each morning which was exclusive to gold sea pass holders, reserved seating in the theatre and other suite benefits e.g the suite concierge helped get us tickets for the ice show.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk