Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

We have one of these on 4/8/18 which we booked last May. Is it still family panoramic ocean view until then? So no extra points?

Looks like no suite until 14-May-2018.

Just a comment of interest. While looking forward to see how the VP would be priced, and finding it on the Suite list below the Junior Suite in price, I also noticed TWO prices for JS's. So I looked at them. Looks like in the new pricing scheme, the JS"s with a pullout sofa will be pried HIGHER than those without a pullout sofa. Doesn't affect me as we only travel as a couple. But it will make JS's more expensive in the future I imagine, if you wait to book. They were nestled in with all other JS's so the only difference I could see was the sleeper sofa. Interesting.

• 1 month later...

I just booked 1854 Ocean View Panoramic Suite on the Adventure of the Seas. My RCCL booking agent told me it was moved to suite level and I would get bath robes etc... I was not smart enough to ask about priority em/debarc etc or gold card, but he did say it was a suite and it was a new switch. I will call back and get details when I can.

I just booked 1854 Ocean View Panoramic Suite on the Adventure of the Seas. My RCCL booking agent told me it was moved to suite level and I would get bath robes etc... I was not smart enough to ask about priority em/debarc etc or gold card, but he did say it was a suite and it was a new switch. I will call back and get details when I can.

It is the same level as a junior suite. Double points, robes,etc, but not full suite (GS and above) benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since they are priced less than a JS.....I wouldn't count on a gold card.

If they are priced below a JS, they are still a great deal for anyone who can do without a balcony. A VP is 406 square feet, including an extra half bath. By comparison, a JS varies between about 260 square feet and 300, depending on the ship. On Explorer, a JS has 264 square feet plus a 75 square foot balcony.

I spoke with a RCCL Agent last night while working on a separate issue, and although she was new and not very familiar, she took a long break from our phone call to speak with a supervisor regarding my question about the Ocean View Panoramic Suite. For my sailing in June 2018, this is a Suite level. It accrues two points per night on C&A and comes with bath amenities, bath robes, concierge service, and suite lounge access on deck 14. If I get any other info I'll post it. I think this is a new change along with the removal of the word family from the name.

I spoke with a RCCL Agent last night while working on a separate issue, and although she was new and not very familiar, she took a long break from our phone call to speak with a supervisor regarding my question about the Ocean View Panoramic Suite. For my sailing in June 2018, this is a Suite level. It accrues two points per night on C&A and comes with bath amenities, bath robes, concierge service, and suite lounge access on deck 14. If I get any other info I'll post it. I think this is a new change along with the removal of the word family from the name.

I am pretty sure that VP suites do not include "concierge service, and suite lounge access" because, right now, I had no trouble booking one on line with the U.S. Refundable Deposit option. All other suites that include those gold card perks can only be booked in the U.S. with NRD (Non-Refundable Deposits). They removed the word "family" because those suites can be booked by couples for cruises after May, 2018. Before then, couples could not book these rooms; they required 3 or more occupants.

I hope for your sake that you received correct information, however, it wouldn't be the first time even a supervisor gave incorrect information. The OVP suite is listed below the JS on the Suites list. JS receive a silver Seapass card (other than Quantum and Oasis class) and do not have Concierge Gold card services.

We were in that type of cabin on the Freedom this past March. We absolutely loved the cabin. They already charged a premium for that type of oceanview cabin. If they re-label it a suite, I guess we will not be booking that type of cabin again. Back to booking other cabins that will accommodate our family of 6 or booking a few rooms side by side.

I looked at a similar type of cabin on the NCL Dawn and they call this type of cabin a suite and give the suite privileges. We picked a couple of interior cabins for less than half the price for the 6 of us. We will spend the extra money we saved on excursions and a few other perks we can enjoy.

When we booked this cruise, the price for the Panoramic Suite was on par with the price of the Ultra Spacious Oceanview and about $200 pp less than a Junior Suite.

Adding my story: after spending a good chunk of time on the phone with my TA and a RCCL rep, was assured multiple times that Oceanview Panoramic Suite 1804 on the Explorer would have full suite benefits including the gold card.

Had a good balcony booked (1388) but decided to give this a try because of the size of the cabin and the excellent price.

Some other info - booked with three people (which the RCCL rep originally thought wasn't going to fly, but was surprised when it went through) and wasn't required to put down a non-refundable deposit. However, I did book on the non-refundable deposit promotion which dropped the price considerable. Overall, the cabin was $100 cheaper than the original price of the balcony (the price is lower now with the promotion so I could have saved another $200 by re-booking the same balcony under the promotion).

Princess has ocean view full-suites which are priced pretty good, so this isn't a new concept. But I just bet a $300 non-refunded deposit that the info I got from the RCCL rep was correct! Wish me luck.

Cheers,

Adding my story: after spending a good chunk of time on the phone with my TA and a RCCL rep, was assured multiple times that Oceanview Panoramic Suite 1804 on the Explorer would have full suite benefits including the gold card. ...

I find this hard to believe as these staterooms are priced lower than Junior Suites, which do not get a gold card.

I find this hard to believe as these staterooms are priced lower than Junior Suites, which do not get a gold card.

I don't think 1804 or 1854 is priced lower than Junior Suites on my June 29, 2018 cruise on Adventure of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. Now the regular panormaic stateroom might be, but not those two that hold 6. They are pricey.

Edited by SOVA Cruisers

+1, the few VPs that I do see available on other sailings are priced lower than JS. It could be that on the 6/29 sailing to Canada those are in demand (I don't see any left) and command a higher price.

Edited by Biker19

I don't think 1804 or 1854 is priced lower than Junior Suites on my June 29, 2018 cruise on Adventure of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. Now the regular panormaic stateroom might be, but not those two that hold 6. They are pricey.

What is the category designation for 1804 and 1854?

Category VP - Ocean View Panoramic Suite (No Balcony). There are only two per ship and Adventure does not get them until dry dock. My price could be high because I have too many kids. lol

I've got a couple of Adventure cruises booked in 2019. When I check suite pricing, the VP has been less than the J4 since I've been looking. Not a huge amount less, maybe $100 - $150pp.

I've got a couple of Adventure cruises booked in 2019. When I check suite pricing, the VP has been less than the J4 since I've been looking. Not a huge amount less, maybe $100 - $150pp.

On Liberty there is a Panoramic Ocean View (P2), some sleep 2, some can sleep 3 or 4. P1 is a larger Panoramic Ocean View that can sleep up to 4. Only 2 P2 on LB. Then there is the Family Panoramic Ocean View (FP) that can sleep up to 6. Only 2 of these.

On newer deck plans the categories may be different, but these are the 3 types available.

Probably so. I have 4 kids that would not fit the JS. So it was either the VP or connecting rooms. I have been told both ways with regard to suite perks for the VP room. I guess time will tell.