Steakhouse free bottle of wine question

So...I'm getting Cheers, but I also like going to the Steakhouse on the first night (I'm not fond of the first night menu in the MDR). But since I get a free bottle of wine, do you think I could gift it to someone else? (Total strangers, since my daughter and I will both have Cheers)

I remember cruising when I could not afford Cheers (actually before Cheers, but you know what I mean!) I just remember that I would have loved a free bottle of wine on my first (and second and third) cruise...but I'm not sure if or how I could give mine away!

Any ideas?

So...I'm getting Cheers, but I also like going to the Steakhouse on the first night (I'm not fond of the first night menu in the MDR). But since I get a free bottle of wine, do you think I could gift it to someone else? (Total strangers, since my daughter and I will both have Cheers)

I remember cruising when I could not afford Cheers (actually before Cheers, but you know what I mean!) I just remember that I would have loved a free bottle of wine on my first (and second and third) cruise...but I'm not sure if or how I could give mine away!

Any ideas?

What a sweet gesture. I know my daughter is leaving for a cruise Saturday and we helped her as a gift with a bottle in the room. She's a single parent with little (if no) help so it's nice to know I can help her have a little fun. Find someone deserving.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, if you dine at the Steakhouse (cost $35/pp) on the first night you get a free bottle of wine or a half price bottle of "better" wine. I go to the Steakhouse once or twice on almost every cruise and they started this free bottle of wine about 5 years ago (or less...not really sure!) Since I started getting Cheers, I don't need the free bottle, but I still like going on the first night.

What a sweet gesture. I know my daughter is leaving for a cruise Saturday and we helped her as a gift with a bottle in the room. She's a single parent with little (if no) help so it's nice to know I can help her have a little fun. Find someone deserving.

This is exactly what I am talking about! I would love to be able to give her my wine! I was (am) a single mom and I remember WELL not being able to afford the drink prices on a cruise...I could barely afford the fare and the tips! But I love cruising and it's a good value as a vacation!

This is exactly what I am talking about! I would love to be able to give her my wine! I was (am) a single mom and I remember WELL not being able to afford the drink prices on a cruise...I could barely afford the fare and the tips! But I love cruising and it's a good value as a vacation!

Whoever gets your "wine blessing" I sure hopes appreciates it! I agree!!!!! Our daughter grew up with grandparents cruising often and a few cruises with us. She loves cruising so saved from her tax refund for a simple 5 day cruise with her girlfriend. The extras are definitely a STRETCH for her. Her birthday is tomorrow and she sails on Saturday. We have a gift card waiting in the room for her (pretending to her tomorrow on the phone that her gift didn't come in time so she's surprised when she gets on the ship)!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This might not be an option. I remember when we received this it was opened and brought to the table and the waitress poured throughout dinner. But a nice gesture if you are able to take it unopened.